Louise Pentland #16 £1000 on her charity project, £3000 on ugly xmas decorations that last a month

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t understand why it would be uncomfortable for Darcy to share a room with Liam. They live in the same house and it’s not uncommon for families to share one room, you just change in the bathroom or find a way if you aren’t comfortable changing in front of everyone. It’s not a challenge to make it work…

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Why can’t Darcy and Pearl sleep in the same room? Darcy can use the separate bedroom to change etc but I don’t see why liam and Pearl get ousted just so Louise and Darcy share. Genuinely think Louise just can’t be bothered with Pearl and prefers to palm her off with Liam whenever she can, except when there’s an #ad to film!
that's what i thought! the girls supposedly share a bedroom at home and love sleepovers together - surely it makes more sense for the girls to share a bedroom, so Louise and Liam can share. 🤷🏻‍♂️ like, i'd understand if both girls were toddlers and couldn't be left alone - but it seems far more likely that Louise jumped at the "Darcy needs privacy" excuse to justify her own preference for sharing a room with her favourite daughter, and palming Pearlie off on Liam because she doesn't want to deal with her "wildness". Pearl is far too energetic for lazy Louise.

i genuinely can't wait until Darcy starts secondary school, as she will hopefully become far less compliant and actively rebel against Louise's insist baying of her, dressing her like a toddler and the constant expectation that she submit to Louise's demands that she act like a little dress-up doll, posing for photos and smiling sweetly. i just hope the change in her attitude won't be due to relentless bullying from her classmates, but sadly it probably will be. 😔

Reactions: 6
Super bizarre. It’s still not ‘privacy’ if she’s sharing with Louise… I could understand giving her privacy away from Liam if she was a teenager but Darcy is only 11.

Also, if it is period related, why should Darcy have to hide away her pads or tampons or hide what she’s going through with her step-dad? It’s normal, treating periods in any other way will make Darcy think that they’re something to be ashamed of.

Tell me you don’t trust your partner without telling me…

Reactions: 10
I took it as probably period related and Darcy feeling uncomfortable dealing with periods in such close proximity to her stepdad.

Those suggesting Darcy and Pearlie should have had one room and Louise and Liam should have had the other...are you for real? The backlash she would have received would have been unreal with people then comparing her to the mccanns...

Tbh She probably just wanted more space so booked two rooms as I can imagine them being quite cramped after turning the sofa into a bed

Reactions: 11
This is the only thing I kindof can see where Louise is coming from. When I was younger when we went on holiday we would always seperate into two groups me, my mum and younger sister in one room and my dad and brothers in another. It was mostly so no children were left alone without an adult and to give me some privacy. My mum obviously trusted my dad but it did give me some privacy. I wouldn't get changed in front of my dad at that age but would in front of my mum.

Reactions: 8
This is the only thing I kindof can see where Louise is coming from. When I was younger when we went on holiday we would always seperate into two groups me, my mum and younger sister in one room and my dad and brothers in another. It was mostly so no children were left alone without an adult and to give me some privacy. My mum obviously trusted my dad but it did give me some privacy. I wouldn't get changed in front of my dad at that age but would in front of my mum.
Yep. I definitely wasn't allowed to have a totally separate room with my sister at Darcy's age. It's a different story when it's just an apartment with different rooms, but on the ship it's I assume 2 totally separate cabins, so not the best idea also to just leave the kids alone there.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't think Darcy and Pearl would technically be allowed to share a room by themselves on a cruise, and even if they could it would unfair for Darcy to be given that responsibility where there is a way around it. And as someone else above has said the amount of backlash it would generate on here and elsewhere would be significant. And rightly so tbh.

Other cruise companies do interconnected cabins, don't think P&O do on any of their ships, so this might be an option for them going forward. At least until Pearl is older. (if it's paid for by the company obvs).

It kind of makes sense how they've done it. Whether it be period related or not. If it is period related (this feels wrong to speculate on tbh) I think it's understandable she'd rather share with her mum. It doesn't mean it's taboo/feels unsafe I just think generally girls will feel more comfortable with someone who gets it. Especially initially. And imagine if Louise had been the step parent, she would have shared with her.

We also know that Louise finds Pearl challenging at times so not be unexpected. Darcy also splits her time between two households, so perhaps they also just wanted to make the most of the time they have.

I have many issues with Louise, but don't think she's done anything wrong here.

Reactions: 22
I’m not familiar with cruising, so I imagined that the cabin had a main area with pull down beds etc and a separate bedroom, hence my earlier post. Obviously I don’t think a 4 and 11 year old should be sharing a cabin alone, so I see why if they have been given 2 cabins, Louise has done this.
Still think Louise is an entitled, spoilt, out of touch Princess though 😀

Reactions: 4
Yeah pretty sure someone already nailed it with no one under a certain age being allowed to be I have a cabin without an adult being the reason for two (since they wanted the space, can’t blame her, they can be cramped). But the privacy reason and wording made it so dramatic.

I really cannot blame her for the sleeping arrangements. I think it is in D’s best interests and is not at all teaching her shame around growing up. Privacy is important for everyone, especially an 11 year old girl.

Also the pull out bed is right next to the proper beds and there would be barely any room to walk around when it is out. It is not like a family room in a hotel with a separate area.

Reactions: 3
P&O policy is that you have to 16 years old to have your own room. The cabins are not very big for 4 people. I’ve been on many cruises and to have 4 people in a cabin for any longer than a couple of nights would be stressful. I think most people with 4+ people travelling tend to get a balcony cabin with a inside cabin across the hall way and split themselves into groups - kids younger than 16 have to be with an adult though.

Reactions: 5
That cruise looks like an absolute nightmare. Enforced dress codes and cringey entertainment.

That cruise looks like an absolute nightmare. Enforced dress codes and cringey entertainment.
Absolutely shocking! But Lady Louise adores anything remotely middle to upper class and would lap up the dress code thing, it would be my idea of hell! Imagine in this day and age you pay for a holiday and then they tell you how to dress! Re. The sleeping arrangements why didn't she just explain the age limits per room and leave it at that? You're not too fussed about your daughter's privacy when you upload photos of her in tutus doing the splits OMG what a contradiction you are #doublestandards

Idk I kinda get where Louise is coming from with this one. Liam is part of her family yes but he isn’t her father, and Darcy isn’t a little girl anymore. It’s funny that Louise can acknowledge Darcy’s age here but has no qualms on the inappropriateness of sharing intimate details about her life to strangers or dressing her like a toddler??

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Nah, it is simple. The girls are underage per cruise policy to be in a cabin alone and Lady Louise has been gifted two cabins at a ridiculous cost. Demonstrating again why using bloody influencers gives a false impression of the holiday.

She’s not selling it very well - it’s nothing like she’s making it out - she’s probably putting more people off.

Dress codes aren’t enforced. If you don’t want to don your ballgown and tux you don’t have to.

She’s not selling it very well - it’s nothing like she’s making it out - she’s probably putting more people off.

Dress codes aren’t enforced. If you don’t want to don your ballgown and tux you don’t have to.
This. And the way she worded the privacy room thing. She's not a very eloquent person is she?

This while they are stricter on formal nights, it basically comes down to please wear a suit for men and a dress/trouser suit type thing for women. It did used to be a lot stricter but have become a lot more relaxed over the years. It's not really any stricter than you'd see in a number of restaurants in London. While some areas of the ship won't have a dress code at all. It's a weird choice to focus on the dress code I think, as for those new to cruising it can be a worry if it's not explained properly!

I think one of the problems for Louise is that she has nothing to compare it to. Like I'd be spending some time highlighting that Iona is fully freedom dining, and showing how you about joining the 'virtual queue' or booking for the sit down restaurants. I'd maybe even show the app it can be done on while making it clear it is possible in person as well. I'd then even probably mention that some ships you've got the choice between freedom & set dining and the pros/cons of each.

Also the nearly all inclusive or however she described it. I'm guessing she's been given a drinks package as the first thing I'd be mentioning is that you have to pay for drinks (reasonably priced admittedly). If I were P&O I'd be really getting her to sell that they allow you to come with a 1l of alcohol each and soft drinks etc. (They're not that strict if you bring more but obviously P&O won't want that known). It's quite a big selling point for some as the American ships are super strict about it.

I'm actually a bit surprised P&O are doing this, this summer. Especially when things aren't back to normal fully on their ships yet. Such as the kids club, where it looks like you're still having to book. With the exception of the night nursery (I believe) this never used to be the case pre-covid. And in regards to provisions for kids they were arguably some of the best holidays around both for families and non families.

I'm just annoyed. There's so much stuff she's overlooking and it just shows why companies should try and go down the non-influencer route. Just pay for some ads or something on their content.

• Heart
Nah, it is simple. The girls are underage per cruise policy to be in a cabin alone and Lady Louise has been gifted two cabins at a ridiculous cost. Demonstrating again why using bloody influencers gives a false impression of the holiday.
That’s fair enough if it’s policy on a cruise, I take my criticism back about the room sharing. I’d never be able to afford a cruise so have no idea about their policies etc 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.