Louise Pentland #14 Exploit my kids? Surely not me! I'm the #1 ambassador of NSPCC!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did Louise’s step mother do to her? I know she was mentally abusive, but I never read her book, does she go into more detail on it.

I’d no idea Tiyana was still close to her mum, I suppose it makes sense, but it must be so hard for her being stuck in the middle of it
It was mental and physical- there's an interview online where Louise talks about it if you Google Louise Pentland abuse. It was pretty horrific stuff. I can't imagine being in Tiyana's position of knowing your mum was capable of that and yet never seeing that side of her so still being close with her. But I also don't think Louise should have to be quiet about it to spare Tiyana's feelings.

On another note, it's absolutely sickening how Louise is selling out her daughter and teaching her to be obsessed with social media at such a young age. I can just see Darcy needing so much therapy in the future to unravel her mess of a childhood. Louise is inadvertently storing up as many childhood issues for Darcy as she has herself, just in different ways.

Reactions: 15
This dance account is really bad. Darcy has ZERO turnout. She doesn’t need a “flat fifth” but at her age, posing for pics w/ her feet haphazardly in parallel makes it look like she’s never attended a ballet class. The least Louise can do is yell “turnout, heel forward” when she’s taking pics.
If Darcy starts auditioning for ballet programs she’ll be eliminated immediately w/ those feet. If Darcy does make it into a more competitive ballet program, the girls in the class will bully her mercilessly for those pics. (I attended ballet school in England and America… it’s tough…)

This dance account is really bad. Darcy has ZERO turnout. She doesn’t need a “flat fifth” but at her age, posing for pics w/ her feet haphazardly in parallel makes it look like she’s never attended a ballet class. The least Louise can do is yell “turnout, heel forward” when she’s taking pics.
If Darcy starts auditioning for ballet programs she’ll be eliminated immediately w/ those feet. If Darcy does make it into a more competitive ballet program, the girls in the class will bully her mercilessly for those pics. (I attended ballet school in England and America… it’s tough…)
It sounds harsh but so true. I did ballet as a child up until I was a teen and they are not forgiving of bad form, and Darcy's is bad. She will end up with an inflated sense of ego from this IG account and Louise's behaviour and will be so hurt when reality hits.

Reactions: 21
God it’s sickening seeing just how much gifted PR stuff she gets, the rich get richer!

Reactions: 7
I mentioned this previous but I’ve a feeling she’ll want to stop in year or two especially once she gets to secondary school. I'm not sure how old the other kids are in her class but I'm guessing by Darcys technique (or lack of technique if the photos are anything to go by) they’re about 2/3 years younger than her. If they are as I suspect a lot younger than her I can’t see her wanting to be dancing with “little kids” anymore and potentially might make her feel self conscious and embarrassed around her school friends. More so if there’s other kids from her year group at the same studio who are in with the older kids/same age band. Imagine if the kid you sit next to in maths is on pointe and can’t shut up about it and you’re not. That’s probably going really sting for an 11/12 year old.
If her studio teachers had anything about them they’d be having a word with Lou about reigning in her expectations. There’s no way my former ballet teachers would be getting behind a child with feet like Darcy auditioning for intensives or programs designed for kids on the pre professional route. Her technique just isn’t there and the poor kid would end up being humiliated and disappointed by the rejection. Ballet especially pre professional ballet is really tough.Two people from my class when I was dancing got a places at ballet school but they didn’t get to the end of their courses.

Reactions: 13
wow i just googled that article and its horrific. Her step mum physically abusing her, but also blaming her mothers cancer on 'naughty' children like louise. Heartbreaking, i hope that she is getting all the help possible to deal with that level of emotional and physical trauma

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
On Darcy’s account - Why on earth does she post the same picture 5 times with slightly different filters? It doesn’t look arty / cool, it just looks like she didn’t know which one to choose 😐

Reactions: 24
The problem is, Louise thinks she’s being a supportive super-mom by doing Instagram and buying Darcee all “the stuff.” The best thing Louise could do is add 20 minutes of stretches and turnout exercises to Darcee’s daily routine. Darcee is still young enough that she can improve and catch up to kids her age in a few years. Honestly, I wish I had done stretches while my dad was drilling flashcards every night. I wouldn’t have made it to SAB but I would have been a much better dancer and enjoyed it longer.

Reactions: 7
wow i just googled that article and its horrific. Her step mum physically abusing her, but also blaming her mothers cancer on 'naughty' children like louise. Heartbreaking, i hope that she is getting all the help possible to deal with that level of emotional and physical trauma
I had an uncle try to do the same thing to me in regards to my mum's cancer. I'll never forget the face he made when a 8 year old told him to f off. I think that was the only time my parents didn't ground me for swearing.

I can't imagine the guilt/shame she experienced believing a statement like that.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
On Darcy’s account - Why on earth does she post the same picture 5 times with slightly different filters? It doesn’t look arty / cool, it just looks like she didn’t know which one to choose 😐
in one of the earliest photo captions Louise said it was Darcy having fun editing them! so i think Louise does the “insta worthy” first photo (usually using that god awful white filter) and then the rest are Darcy’s creations

Reactions: 3
I dont understand how she has in the past actually acknowledged multiple times she gets too wrapped up in the pressure to be insta perfect and the competition on social media yet is actively pushing this stuff on Darcy too, its really sad.

Reactions: 17
Louise is now sponsoring DJD posts, I don’t follow the account and it appeared top of my newsfeed?!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I just came here to say! Why is this showing up in my feed?!!
It’s because she paired the post, pushing her underage daughters account to every one of her followers, despite saying it’s just for fun. It’s actually VILE how much she’s exploiting darcy. Really is the last straw for me

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
It’s because she paired the post, pushing her underage daughters account to every one of her followers, despite saying it’s just for fun. It’s actually VILE how much she’s exploiting darcy. Really is the last straw for me
The account for Darcy has JUMPED up from 11.2k to 11.6k

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The thifty posts are so ridiculous. Who are they for? Does she know that thrifty means? It's so clear that her employees have created these to post routinely to boost engagement. You'd think an employee doing this as their entire job would think of something even slightly interesting to post, not two pictures of different priced rugs.

Reactions: 17
has anyone written to NSPCC? I’m going to write regarding her ambassador status because it’s truly disgusting

Yeah, I unfollowed after seeing it. Not the type of thing I want to see when I check Instagram. That post has 10x the number of likes as any of Darcy’s other posts so I’m sure this won’t be the last time. There’s so much wrong with the whole situation.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.