Louise Pentland #14 Exploit my kids? Surely not me! I'm the #1 ambassador of NSPCC!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else seen Devon’s photographs of Darcy? Apparently Darcy chose her own outfit, interesting how she’s chosen a dark purple, more gothic looking outfit as opposed to Louise’s putting her in pink frills.

Reactions: 4
Anyone else seen Devon’s photographs of Darcy? Apparently Darcy chose her own outfit, interesting how she’s chosen a dark purple, more gothic looking outfit as opposed to Louise’s putting her in pink frills.
All the pictures of Darcy on Devon & Matts accounts is her in darker colours and just generally more normal clothes. Less of this girly super pink frilly dresses which Louise shares. Which makes me think that Darcy doesn’t pick the super pink girly look & is only wearing it to appease Louise.

Reactions: 8
It's getting ridiculous now. Ballet is not about playing dress-up and posing for f*cking photos. I shouldn't be surprised that her Dad and his wife are at it too, but I am.

I danced from age 2 until 18, when we could no longer afford the extra classes for my sister and I (doing pointe at the time, so we both had an extra class a week). I remember family trips to Rose Street in Edinburgh for new ballet shoes, which even at the time, I knew was a great expense for my parents. I had ballet posters all over my bedroom walls, rather than NKOTB! My birthday cake every year had those tiny little ballet figures on. I had a ballet book from our local library which I pretty much constantly owned, returning it only to take it out again (I once ate some of a tissue because I read in it that was how ballerinas stayed thin, it would fill them up, so they wouldn't need food 🤦‍♀️). Deep down I knew I wasn't good enough for it to be my career, but I was dedicated nonetheless and loved my weekly classes.

I recall wearing a tutu (in my day, literally a pair of pants with layers of net your parent made) once or twice when I was younger. Exams and classes you wore your branded leotard. The shows we put on...well I got to be a frigging rat in The Nutcracker, so that involved grey leggings with a tail sewn on and our teacher got us charity shopped tops (I was very into fashion and appalled as I wanted to wear a pretty dress (!!!) not a mustard oversized shirt and sequin waistcoat). Another year I was a pirate, plastic sword, choreographed fight....what I'm saying is, it isn't a life of fancy frilly tutus and I'm quite disgusted at the amount of money being spent on this little vanity 'project'. The DJD Instagram isn't about sharing her passion for dance, how thick does Louise think we are? It's about getting lots of likes, getting free tit, looking Insta perfect. There's been no talk of substance, it's just "don't I look pretty in this pretty place" kinda stuff. I see no passion for dance or anything remotely informative, it's all performative. I see passion for trying to be an influencer, at 10 or however old D is, which is just not right, but with a Mum like that...!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I’ve reported it as an account for someone who is underage. How these people have no regards for their child’s safety is beyond me.
I think it should be illegal for parents to set up social media accounts for their kids. I’d also like to see more regulations in place regarding people constantly sharing photos and personal details of their children online.

All the pictures of Darcy on Devon & Matts accounts is her in darker colours and just generally more normal clothes. Less of this girly super pink frilly dresses which Louise shares. Which makes me think that Darcy doesn’t pick the super pink girly look & is only wearing it to appease Louise.
I think Matt & Devon are also controlling in their own way. I always had to behave a certain way when I went to my dads at the weekend. Luckily I could be myself around my mum. Seems like Darcy is forever people pleasing at both homes. Very sad and damaging in the long run.

Reactions: 29
I have often wondered this too. I don’t follow Matt or Devon but have seen photos of darcey on there pages and I do wonder sometimes why D looks so different. Her hair is always styled differently and her outfit choices are a lot different. She always looks more her age/older with them than she does with Louise

Also D looks so much happier in the photo that Devon took compared to on her darcey dance account. Much more natural and the edit is such more glossy and natural unlike the sharp filters Louise does. I’m not a dancer but it also looks like an actual ballet pose rather than something that is out there and insta worthy. Still find it disjointed though that Matt and Devon follow the darcy dance account but the account dosnt follow them. And I know Louise runs it but I think it’s so low of her not to follow her dad and step mum because I thought the account was supposed to be for D. And just shows again that it’s not. If it was for D then they would be followed and lousie would be sharing devons photo on D dance account.

I'd love to know what style Darcy actually likes. Louise dresses her in things she likes, Matt and Devon dress her in things Devon likes. I feel like she's just being used as an extension of the adults in her life, to appease their egos and spats.

Reactions: 23
I'd love to know what style Darcy actually likes. Louise dresses her in things she likes, Matt and Devon dress her in things Devon likes. I feel like she's just being used as an extension of the adults in her life, to appease their egos and spats.
I feel she likes Devon clothes more, Louise kinda dresses her like a toddler so i bet she loves wearing outfits little girls her age actually wear 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 9
You know Devon is weird AF so I'm not surprised she would start taking dancing photos of Darcy too. You also know Louise will be salty AF because she thinks dance is HER thing, when it is in fact her child's...

So awkward but gotta say, I'm entertained 🙃

Reactions: 30
Did anyone else completely forget Louise has a new book coming out next year? I was browsing her blog and found the post about it. It's called time after time and it sounds pathetically bad. 😂

"Tabitha is stuck. She still lives in the small town she grew up in . . . the town she’s barely ever left. She exists firmly within her comfort zone and doesn’t know how to break out. Sometimes she wishes she should go back and start it all again.

After her dad drops a bombshell over their family Sunday dinner, Tabitha decides it’s time to take a look at her own life.

When she meets Bea, a free spirit like no one else she’s ever known with an ‘interesting’ sense of style, Tabitha quickly befriends her, recognising in Bea the change she’s been craving. But soon it becomes clear that more has changed than her new friend. Somehow Tabitha has been transported back to the 1980s."

She actually took the time to write this book and I can't wait to read the bad reviews. 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
also seems exactly what matt and devon like and buy for her.

Reactions: 3
I’m confused now. Did the dance teacher tell Louise and Matt? Cos they were both told the exact same thing? I’m really getting a sense of one-upmanship when a few years ago they were really into co parenting. What a shame!
It’s not out of the realm of possibility that if the teacher said it to one parent they’d also tell the other.

Tabitha is stuck. She still lives in the small town she grew up in . . . the town she’s barely ever left. She exists firmly within her comfort zone and doesn’t know how to break out. Sometimes she wishes she should go back and start it all again.
Replace Tabitha with Louise…

No way are Louise and Devon both taking Darcy out to take photos of her posing. Let the girl live #freedarcy
omg I could get behind a #freedarcy movement 😂

I’m confused now. Did the dance teacher tell Louise and Matt? Cos they were both told the exact same thing? I’m really getting a sense of one-upmanship when a few years ago they were really into co parenting. What a shame!
I actually don't think Louise is trying to one up them. I think this is more Matt and Devon being hella weird and copying everything Louise does. I remember Devon used to make very bad youtube videos and it was so obvious she was hoping to leech some fame from Louise. I'm not sure if they're copying Louise now to one up her or to be spiteful but I find their behaviour so cringeworthy.

Reactions: 14
More like the dance teacher saw that they’re fairly wealthy parents and thought they could rinse them for more money if they trick them into thinking their daughter is something special.

I think it’s great that Darcy has a hobby, and she clearly loves dancing at the moment, but if they’re thinking she’s going to ‘go all the way’, I think the dance teacher should be honest with them.

Reactions: 27
I actually feel very sad for Darcy #freeDarcy...and can't decide who is worse..Louise or Matt and Devon....there is something very off about Matt and I think he is jealous of Louise's "social media celeb status" ( can't think of a better description lol!)

It sounds awful, but when the teacher made those comments to Matt and Louise, I can't help thinking she was being a bit sarcastic...because everyone can see from the endless dance content that she is not the next Darcy Bussell! Just let her have fun and enjoy it off social media.

Reactions: 12
I actually feel very sad for Darcy #freeDarcy...and can't decide who is worse..Louise or Matt and Devon....there is something very off about Matt and I think he is jealous of Louise's "social media celeb status" ( can't think of a better description lol!)

It sounds awful, but when the teacher made those comments to Matt and Louise, I can't help thinking she was being a bit sarcastic...because everyone can see from the endless dance content that she is not the next Darcy Bussell! Just let her have fun and enjoy it off social media.
It looks like Darcy has found a great hobby, nothing more.
I’ve always felt that Matt would love to be woman, maybe I’m being a weirdo.

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Darcy should be allowed to enjoy her hobby privately without her parents shouting it from the rooftops.

I doubt she's saying "please mummy/daddy, can we go outside just so you can take photos of me posing in my dance costumes so you can share them online with strangers?"

I wonder if they actually take her to watch ballet? I'm sure she'd like watching a show of professional dancers more than more than posing in the street. The Nutcracker or Swan Lake are a classics and Louise and Darcy could have a dressed up "mummy and Darcy date" to a matinee

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.