Louise Pentland #14 Exploit my kids? Surely not me! I'm the #1 ambassador of NSPCC!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, I unfollowed after seeing it. Not the type of thing I want to see when I check Instagram. That post has 10x the number of likes as any of Darcy’s other posts so I’m sure this won’t be the last time. There’s so much wrong with the whole situation.
The fact that the posts are appearing on both pages is just sickening.

Also, I recently read a fiction book called Girl (In Real Life) by Tamsin Winter all about a teenage girl who’s parents vlog her life and what happens when the girl has had enough. It’s such an interesting read and I sadly wouldn’t be surprised if we saw more books like that in the future, but this time non-fiction instead of fiction

Reactions: 10
Is anyone else a member of Louise's reading page on FB? I am and actually quite like it. Louise would post on it from her brand FB page but yesterday a post suddenly popped up from her personal account saying she has since deleted her branded FB page.

This is part of the post she shared about deleting the branded page...
"A couple of things:
I decided to deactivate because my brain is SO cluttered. There are so many platforms, so many things to update, so many things to manage that I felt like FB didn't need to be one of them. Everything I shared on that page is on my insta, youtube or website. Also, there were a lot of accounts following that page that were either dead or a bit weird and everyone deserves to feel safe online yanno?"

Uhm... so she acknowledges there are weirdos and says she has too many pages to manage, yet she is ok with her 10 (?) year old daughter having an Instagram account with THOUSANDS of strangers following her?? She needs to get her priorities straight.

Reactions: 40
Her brand deal with Facebook must have ended then, remember when she was desperately trying to make Facebook happen and would film videos specifically for there even when clearly nobody used it anymore and went on and on about Facebook marketplace? I'm sure she must have been working with them back then.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Is anyone else a member of Louise's reading page on FB? I am and actually quite like it. Louise would post on it from her brand FB page but yesterday a post suddenly popped up from her personal account saying she has since deleted her branded FB page.

This is part of the post she shared about deleting the branded page...
"A couple of things:
I decided to deactivate because my brain is SO cluttered. There are so many platforms, so many things to update, so many things to manage that I felt like FB didn't need to be one of them. Everything I shared on that page is on my insta, youtube or website. Also, there were a lot of accounts following that page that were either dead or a bit weird and everyone deserves to feel safe online yanno?"

Uhm... so she acknowledges there are weirdos and says she has too many pages to manage, yet she is ok with her 10 (?) year old daughter having an Instagram account with THOUSANDS of strangers following her?? She needs to get her priorities straight.
I am also a member and like it as there are some decent book recommendations haha.

also hello everyone. I’m new here and I used to be a Louise fan because of her books (the Wilde trilogy was my first proper look at adult fiction and I got the first book when I was 17.) This page actually helped me realise how bad Louise exploits her kids. So, yeah, I just wanted to say hello

Reactions: 17
Is she seriously going to link every single one of her posts from alt accounts with her main one now? She's just done it again with her home account. I really hated it with Darcy's account, as seeing that post from a child I don't know randomly appear on my feed felt a bit creepy. I just got annoyed when I saw it with her home account. Does she not realise that if people want to see that content they can simply just follow that account??? This will get incredibly annoying if she does it every single time

Reactions: 8
has anyone written to NSPCC? I’m going to write regarding her ambassador status because it’s truly disgusting
I tweeted them a DM it was seen but never responded to! Please feel free to adapt it to suit your own personal opinion of the situation.

I am very surprised that one of your NSPCC Ambassadors, Louise Pentland, the YouTube vlogger has started an Instagram Account for her 10 year old daughter, this is on the back of your new campaign to protect children under 13 from social media problems. I find this totally at odds with her using her daughter to advance her own interests. I would be interested to hear your views on how she, as a spokesperson for yourselves than then go ahead and blatantly disregard your advice to parents and carers of young children! I look forward to hearing your reply as a concerned onlooker.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
and suddenly Darcy's dance account is now a private account, despite the 12.9k random followers! but late to try and protect her now, Louise! i imagine she's only done it to avoid critique due to her role in the nspcc. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Not liking the pages being linked up I thought I followed the account by accident, I didn’t follow that account because I don’t agree with Darcy having an account. Dont force it on people Louise

Reactions: 4
and suddenly Darcy's dance account is now a private account, despite the 12.9k random followers! but late to try and protect her now, Louise! i imagine she's only done it to avoid critique due to her role in the nspcc. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Looks like it’s not private anymore such a shame this poor girl has had her life so publicly posted about online
47C96BA2-51D1-42E3-8EBC-F56A083ACB77.png

• Sad
I mean, if she’s switching the account from public, to private, back to public again and removing the ability to see the number of likes, it seems like she knows giving her 10 year old daughter a public account is questionable and is trying to make these adjustments so she can try to explain her way around the criticism.

I don’t really understand why she took away the ability to see likes. Young and impressionable Darcy will still be able to see them. The post that was shared to Louise’s account had 10x the likes of the rest of the posts when I had seen it earlier, I’m sure the difference has only gotten bigger. So she probably did it so people wouldn’t point out that she’s clearly using her main account’s 2.6 million followers to boost Darcy’s engagement, but will claim she did it to protect Darcy 🤣

Reactions: 13
Sorry to double post - did she remove that post from her main account? The paired post with her home account is still showing on both accounts, but the picture of Darcy is only showing on Darcy’s account

She clearly knows what she’s doing😐
I think she definitely did as it doesn’t say “darcyjanedancer and louisepentland.” It just says darcyjanedancer.

as someone who has younger siblings, it really worries me what their world is going to be like growing up. When I got Instagram at 13, my mum was super strict and said I should have the account on private with a false username and profile picture. The fact that the account for Darcy has almost 13k followers is so WEIRD

Reactions: 14
I tweeted them a DM it was seen but never responded to! Please feel free to adapt it to suit your own personal opinion of the situation.

I am very surprised that one of your NSPCC Ambassadors, Louise Pentland, the YouTube vlogger has started an Instagram Account for her 10 year old daughter, this is on the back of your new campaign to protect children under 13 from social media problems. I find this totally at odds with her using her daughter to advance her own interests. I would be interested to hear your views on how she, as a spokesperson for yourselves than then go ahead and blatantly disregard your advice to parents and carers of young children! I look forward to hearing your reply as a concerned onlooker.
Good that you have written. The era of lazy ass influencers using their own Kids as cash cows because they have no other ideas,must end.
It is disgusting that they're willing giving up their children's privacy just for money. Shame on you idiots.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.