Louise Pentland #14 Exploit my kids? Surely not me! I'm the #1 ambassador of NSPCC!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Darcy must have her own phone at this point surely? Louise probably hasn't mentioned it to avoid criticism and people questioning why she needs a phone at 10 years old, but from working with 10 year olds for my job a lot of them do have their own phones now.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Darcy must have her own phone at this point surely? Louise probably hasn't mentioned it to avoid criticism and people questioning why she needs a phone at 10 years old, but from working with 10 year olds for my job a lot of them do have their own phones now.
Well Louise did say Darcy sneaks on to Instagram to read comments so I don’t know how she’d manage that without a device like a phone or an iPad at least. So I wouldn’t be surprised if she did have one. Plus I imagine knowing what we do of Louise she’d want Darcy to have a phone for when she’s at her dads so they can still chat whilst she’s there.

Reactions: 7
I know long time followers of Louise know D's name, but why are her parents creating accounts with her full (real) name (private or not)? I have a lot of friends who are teachers and none of them have their name spelt correctly/real name even on private FB accounts, so why are her parents so f'ing dumb? It's like people who blab birth time, date, names and weight all over SM to everyone, is security not an issue? Just watch You and see how easy it is to stalk/know a lot about a person without ever meeting them.

Speaking of Glitter fans...did anyone hear that guy in the London ballet vlog come over to Louise in Covent Garden and say "I'm a big fan of your work..."? Mad me LOL so hard, do people actually say that and to Louise of all people? A fan of exploiting your kid? I thought it was a bit odd to leave in as she then picked up from the same scene after it cut, so there was no need to keep it in, other than hoping we'd hear she has fans!

Reactions: 20
I know long time followers of Louise know D's name, but why are her parents creating accounts with her full (real) name (private or not)? I have a lot of friends who are teachers and none of them have their name spelt correctly/real name even on private FB accounts, so why are her parents so f'ing dumb? It's like people who blab birth time, date, names and weight all over SM to everyone, is security not an issue? Just watch You and see how easy it is to stalk/know a lot about a person without ever meeting them.

Speaking of Glitter fans...did anyone hear that guy in the London ballet vlog come over to Louise in Covent Garden and say "I'm a big fan of your work..."? Mad me LOL so hard, do people actually say that and to Louise of all people? A fan of exploiting your kid? I thought it was a bit odd to leave in as she then picked up from the same scene after it cut, so there was no need to keep it in, other than hoping we'd hear she has fans!
i used to work in a cafe in Northampton,and Louise would come in sometimes. One of the guys I worked with used to always fan girl over her and run up to her and gush about how much he loved her 😂 people like that do exist

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I thought that! I looked at her friends account ballerinapoppet and she has lots of pics around London in her dancing outfits, no wonder Louise was pushing darcy to do the same!
I’m commenting on this without actually seeing her account so please forgive me if I’m mistaken. BUT… I come from a dance background, trained 4x a week minimum when I was younger, for exams, competitions & festivals, shows etc. I didn’t follow through with that path professionally as I enjoyed it as a hobby. However many of the girls (and guys!) that I went to dance classes with DID go on to train professionally. They worked their ass off learning routines, perfecting their technique and quite a few of them landed spots in top dance schools at college/university.
I will tell you now NONE of them push this false ‘insta narrative’ of taking pictures in costume in tourist hotspots. Granted there are some great photo ops, but they use these to showcase their dance skills on Instagram. They find a good background to perform a routine, definitely not just to take a picture showing a very basic position, with a tag line of a fake ‘you can do it’-esque line.

anyways sorry for rambling but what I am trying to say is - if these girls want to succeed in dance professionally, running around Covent Garden in a tutu and having 50k follows isn’t going to get them any respect. And it is the insta obsessed mums that do this, not the children

Reactions: 23
I’m commenting on this without actually seeing her account so please forgive me if I’m mistaken. BUT… I come from a dance background, trained 4x a week minimum when I was younger, for exams, competitions & festivals, shows etc. I didn’t follow through with that path professionally as I enjoyed it as a hobby. However many of the girls (and guys!) that I went to dance classes with DID go on to train professionally. They worked their ass off learning routines, perfecting their technique and quite a few of them landed spots in top dance schools at college/university.
I will tell you now NONE of them push this false ‘insta narrative’ of taking pictures in costume in tourist hotspots. Granted there are some great photo ops, but they use these to showcase their dance skills on Instagram. They find a good background to perform a routine, definitely not just to take a picture showing a very basic position, with a tag line of a fake ‘you can do it’-esque line.

anyways sorry for rambling but what I am trying to say is - if these girls want to succeed in dance professionally, running around Covent Garden in a tutu and having 50k follows isn’t going to get them any respect. And it is the insta obsessed mums that do this, not the children
Looking at her friend's page it seems like she is going way beyond London photo ops. From her bio and recent photos it seems she has being doing associates programmes with Royal Ballet and ABT and attends Tring full time. That indicates that she does have a lot of potential. Darcy is enjoying herself but I'd be surprised if she were to get those opportunities from the top ballet companies based on what we've seen of her dancing. I wonder if it's worse for her friend. There are a lot of young girls with potential who end up being assessed out of dance schools when they fail to meet the standards as they grow. That's tough enough, without having a whole dancing brand behind you. I can't see any advantage to it either. It's not as though vocational school places are handed out based on Instagram followers.

Is it just me who wonder if they get self conscious dressing up and posing in public? I don't remember well, but I'm sure by about nine or so I was starting to get very aware of that and would have resisted strongly.

Reactions: 15
i don’t know how to quote a post from another thread so here’s the link:

but it seems she got the gifted trip 🙄

E3A83A70-39DC-404C-A2D5-5C06C137C72D.png

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

View attachment 712537
Hasn’t she had this same gifted trip loads of times?

Reactions: 15
Off topic slightly but I blame the show dance moms as the reason all these parents are pushing their junior school aged kids to have a socials presence. Louise would’ve definitely fitted in with the mothers on that show. Dance is so much more than fancy dance wear and insta followers and wish Louise would realise this.

I just wonder if in a year or sos time when D gets to secondary school whether she’ll still have this enthusiasm for ballet that she does now. She’s not at the same level as the other little girl in the reel and probably many others in her age bracket obviously this little girl is on a different pathway and has probably been practicing and training probably since she about 2/3. (The other extra classes and intensives she’s been doing are fantastic opportunities although it disturbs me her parents have paid for and allowed her to do the Abby Lee classes. That woman shouldn’t be teaching kids she shouldn’t be anywhere near kids imo after all the stuff coming out after DM finished.)

I used to be a class assistant at my former ballet
school. I’d say D is around or slightly better than the 6 year olds I was assisting/teaching and I just wonder if she’ll have this current level of enthusiasm when other kids her age are moving onto more complex routines and starting starting pointe ballet etc or she’ll start to feel really self conscious she’s still with the younger ones. I hope and pray Lou isn’t filling her head with unrealistic dreams she’s going to be a prima ballerina or a star generally because unfortunately I can see a lot of disappointment in Ds future and I’m not sure she’s best equipped to deal with it because of her mother.

I can see the dance thing fizzling out as she gets older (like it does for many dance obsessed kids). I just hope Lou let’s her explore other activities like team sports/athletes/swimming etc and doesn’t push her to continue something she’s grown out of. (However this is Louise we’re talking about so there’s probably more chance of pigs flying tbh 😂)

Reactions: 14
Hasn’t she had this same gifted trip loads of times?
The thing that gets me is that when all the stuff about JKR's transphobia came out, Louise said that she didn't want to spoil the fun for Darcy, which I do understand. But why is she still continuing to accept freebies and promote things which do still give her money? Especially when she's already experienced these things a good few times already?

Reactions: 24
The thing that gets me is that when all the stuff about JKR's transphobia came out, Louise said that she didn't want to spoil the fun for Darcy, which I do understand. But why is she still continuing to accept freebies and promote things which do still give her money? Especially when she's already experienced these things a good few times already?
Because she's a bad egg.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Why does one 10 year old need TWO Instagram accounts! She shouldn’t even have one she’s literally not old enough to have an account.
I’ve reported it as an account for someone who is underage. How these people have no regards for their child’s safety is beyond me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’ve reported it as an account for someone who is underage. How these people have no regards for their child’s safety is beyond me.
It won’t do anything. As long as the bio says monitored or ran by a parent then Instagram allows kids accounts which is awful…

• Sad
Reactions: 10
It won’t do anything. As long as the bio says monitored or ran by a parent then Instagram allows kids accounts which is awful…
That's shocking, bad enough allowing a minor to have their own named accounts but worse that Louise allows her daughter to essentially talk to those followers via q&a sessions and mini live chats! If this were some child from a deprived background the authorities would be called in!

View attachment 712537
Why does Darcy always two strike a pose, looks odd in this case! My girl would rather just look around without holding mum's hand to show their special bond, Pearls probably with the nanny...

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
That's shocking, bad enough allowing a minor to have their own named accounts but worse that Louise allows her daughter to essentially talk to those followers via q&a sessions and mini live chats! If this were some child from a deprived background the authorities would be called in!

Why does Darcy always two strike a pose, looks odd in this case! My girl would rather just look around without holding mum's hand to show their special bond, Pearls probably with the nanny...
I think a lifetime of being primed and prepared for the camera at all times by Louise makes Darcy pose automatically in photos rather than sit still and enjoy their time together; not her fault but she’s a product of her own upbringing

Reactions: 11
I didnt mind the insta account TOO much until she started sharing it on her own account. It's wrong. All Louise's fans now fans of Darcy? Whatever happened to keeping things offline

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.