Louise Pentland #11 O' Christmas tree O' Christmas tree, what else can she get free?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t see why Devon can’t share that Darcy had COVID tbh. I get that Devon shouldn’t make ‘big’ parental decisions in darcy‘s life like, say, getting a new pet or getting a piercing without Louise’s say so and I do think she oversteps and gets those little needless digs in about louise. But stating she’s had COVID... it’s just a fact? personally I don’t see why it’s such an issue, she’s not saying ‘ah she caught it from her filthy* mother Louise who I can’t stand’, she’s not making a song and dance about it and basically pimping Darcy out (for lack of a better term) ‘click here to read our horrifying news, she’s been so so poorly’, all she said was ‘Darcy had it first but she’s recovered’. I’d find it worse if Darcy was unwell with COVID and she was sat there updating everyone on every cough, really invading her privacy. Personally! 🤷🏻‍♀️

(...and also tbh if it was reversed and Darcy was with Louise with COVID I could definitely see louise doing the whole ‘woe is me my child is ill and I have to look after her‘ thing as well. Personally this is the only reason why I don’t think Louise has been ill or anything because I don’t think she could resist having a moan about it for the sweet sweet clicks)

(* I’m not saying Louise is filthy btw 🤣 just reiterating that she’s not getting a dig/insult in)
I understand that but if Louise or Matt wanted to say Darcy has been ill then that’s their right, it’s not up to Devon to fill people in on Darcys health, fact or not. It’s not just a flu, Covid is a big thing and it just isn’t ok for Devon to tell people that when her own parents haven’t.

Reactions: 15
I would be cut out my stepdaughters life for ever if I posted anywhere anything about her. I'm guessing Louise will still be the bitter ex if she was moaning about a guy that dumped her after a few months

Reactions: 5
see this is where I become team nobody. Not a fan of louise obviously and don’t mind Devon but IMO this isn’t her place, if she was with Matt and Devon full time maybe it would be more acceptable but at the end of the day that’s not her daughter and not her news to share.

Kinda sad really nobody seems to have these kids privacy in their thoughts.

Reactions: 25
Someone asked in her comments if Darcy has had it and she answered them.

I do get where every one is coming from but I don't think it's as bad as everyone is making out. She didn't post it on her insta stories or mention it in her post, she's not clickbaiting it.

I know Devon has a history of overstepping when sharing Darcy but I do think she's backed off, mainly since they got rid of their YouTube channel. She does still post the odd thing that is a bit much though.

Reactions: 17
I don’t think she backed off by choice 😂

Plus, I always think it’s very very easy to never feature a child on Instagram or to not reply to comments about them. She could easily have ignored that comment and considered Darcy’s medical privacy. But, nope!

Reactions: 16
I don’t think she backed off by choice 😂

Plus, I always think it’s very very easy to never feature a child on Instagram or to not reply to comments about them. She could easily have ignored that comment and considered Darcy’s medical privacy. But, nope!
I agree, she didn't back off by choice. I don't think it came from Louise though. Louise can't criticise Matt for featuring Darcy on a YouTube channel...
I think it was more likely Matt's work.

I do also agree that she could have and should have just ignored the comment, I don't think she should be sharing that info but I just also don't think it's as dramatically bad and some people are making out.

I'm sure we'll hear about Darcy's covid from Louise at some point and it will be exploited for views and likes...

Reactions: 14
I agree, she didn't back off by choice. I don't think it came from Louise though. Louise can't criticise Matt for featuring Darcy on a YouTube channel...
I think it was more likely Matt's work.

I do also agree that she could have and should have just ignored the comment, I don't think she should be sharing that info but I just also don't think it's as dramatically bad and some people are making out.

I'm sure we'll hear about Darcy's covid from Louise at some point and it will be exploited for views and likes...
Ooh, that’s interesting because I’ve always thought it did come from Louise behind the scenes. Back when Devon was posting loads of pics of Darcy and even Devons (weird) mum was posting pictures of Darcy on her own Instagram, I reckon Louise reached her limit with it all and stepped in and had words with Matt.

I don’t think it was about him having videos of Darcy though or trying to make money out of her. I think she got pissed off with Devon and her mum overstepping big time with the happy family tit they’d post when they’d only known Darcy a few months and my theory is that when Matt didn’t do anything about it when she asked him to, Louise threatened him with cutting contact and dragging it through the courts (which would take a long time and cost money that he has much less of compared to her) if he didn’t do something about Devon and her mum. That’s why it was so instant and out of the blue that they were dropping the YouTube and attempts at milking Darcy for money.

Reactions: 2
Ooh, that’s interesting because I’ve always thought it did come from Louise behind the scenes. Back when Devon was posting loads of pics of Darcy and even Devons (weird) mum was posting pictures of Darcy on her own Instagram, I reckon Louise reached her limit with it all and stepped in and had words with Matt.

I don’t think it was about him having videos of Darcy though or trying to make money out of her. I think she got pissed off with Devon and her mum overstepping big time with the happy family tit they’d post when they’d only known Darcy a few months and my theory is that when Matt didn’t do anything about it when she asked him to, Louise threatened him with cutting contact and dragging it through the courts (which would take a long time and cost money that he has much less of compared to her) if he didn’t do something about Devon and her mum. That’s why it was so instant and out of the blue that they were dropping the YouTube and attempts at milking Darcy for money.
I don't think Louise would have much of a leg to stand on in court regarding Darcy's privacy. Also she can't threaten to cut contact with Matt since they're 50/50 and she is no more "in charge" than he is. The fact of how it would massively affect Darcy I doubt the courts would take any notice of her complaints. She would need to stop posting Darcy herself for her objection to look like anything less than jealousy.

Reactions: 21

I think that's what a lot of people think and it seems like the obvious story behind it but it doesn't make sense to me.
It just seems very hypocritical, especially when Louise is using Darcy for so many ad's on Instagram. Just because she's her mum doesn't mean she should be allowed to do it but Matt can't (obviously neither of them should be doing it)
Even if it went to court I don't see how could they side with her over matt when she's doing the same thing and if anything she's doing it on a much bigger scale to a bigger audience.

Devon and Matt still share pictures of Darcy on Instagram so that's not stopped, it's not as often but it still happens. The only thing that completely stopped was their YouTube channel.

I know a lot of teachers and there are strict rules around social media, most of my friends use their middle name as their surname and keep things as locked down as possible so students can't find them.
I always found it odd that Matt shares so much of his private life online as a teacher. Even now with YouTube gone, he is still using a public account on Instagram.

I don't think we'll ever find out what happened..

I don't think Louise would have much of a leg to stand on in court regarding Darcy's privacy. Also she can't threaten to cut contact with Matt since they're 50/50 and she is no more "in charge" than he is. The fact of how it would massively affect Darcy I doubt the courts would take any notice of her complaints. She would need to stop posting Darcy herself for her objection to look like anything less than jealousy.
They can agree 50/50 but it’s very easy for one parent to threaten to withhold contact and send the whole thing back into the courts process to drag out for a few years. She could easily have done exactly as I said if she wanted to. She has money on her side too.

And I don’t think she will have done it for privacy reasons. It’ll be about how fast Devon and her mother were playing happy families with Darcy and wanting it slowed down a bit (especially when you take into account her own background with the stepmom appearing very shortly after her mum died). Devon’s mum was posting about her as if she was her grandchild when she’d met her once or twice and Devon was posting multiple photos of her when she’d met her once or twice too. It was bizarre. That will be why Louise stepped in if she did. Less about privacy and more about the crazy women rushing stuff for Darcy and Matt doing nothing about it.

Reactions: 2
Neither families should be naming her online as having covid. Schools don't tell the bubble a child's name they just inform that a child in their bubble has covid so your child needs to isolate.

Reactions: 19
They can agree 50/50 but it’s very easy for one parent to threaten to withhold contact and send the whole thing back into the courts process to drag out for a few years. She could easily have done exactly as I said if she wanted to. She has money on her side too.

And I don’t think she will have done it for privacy reasons. It’ll be about how fast Devon and her mother were playing happy families with Darcy and wanting it slowed down a bit (especially when you take into account her own background with the stepmom appearing very shortly after her mum died). Devon’s mum was posting about her as if she was her grandchild when she’d met her once or twice and Devon was posting multiple photos of her when she’d met her once or twice too. It was bizarre. That will be why Louise stepped in if she did. Less about privacy and more about the crazy women rushing stuff for Darcy and Matt doing nothing about it.
Yes I'm just saying if it went to court the courts wouldn't revoke 50/50 for this reason, no matter how much money Louise has. It's petty and the courts only care about the child's best interests. Taking away access to the Dad because the stepmother is posting some pictures? Don't think so.

I personally don't think Louise had anything to do with Devon stopping the pictures personally. Devon still posts some and if she was worried about Louise she wouldn't

Reactions: 3
Oh so this is what’s been going on! Was just saying on another thread I had forgotten about Louise then realise it’s because she hasn’t posted.
Devon should have kept her mouth shut. It’s a clear indication that her actual oversharing mother hasn’t posted or her father that she shouldn’t have.
It’s great that she has a good relationship with her stepdaughter however she’s overstepped the mark - whether they are instagramers/youtubers or not.

Reactions: 8
Fk is Devon telling people about Darcy for ?
There are rules for schools.
This is disgusting.. almost like shes trying to one up Louise and get there first ???? Hope Louise knows and tells her off.

Darcy was with Matt for Christmas day, has louise seen her since ? :(

Reactions: 3
I don’t see why Devon can’t share that Darcy had COVID tbh. I get that Devon shouldn’t make ‘big’ parental decisions in darcy‘s life like, say, getting a new pet or getting a piercing without Louise’s say so and I do think she oversteps and gets those little needless digs in about louise. But stating she’s had COVID... it’s just a fact? personally I don’t see why it’s such an issue, she’s not saying ‘ah she caught it from her filthy* mother Louise who I can’t stand’, she’s not making a song and dance about it and basically pimping Darcy out (for lack of a better term) ‘click here to read our horrifying news, she’s been so so poorly’, all she said was ‘Darcy had it first but she’s recovered’. I’d find it worse if Darcy was unwell with COVID and she was sat there updating everyone on every cough, really invading her privacy. Personally! 🤷🏻‍♀️

(...and also tbh if it was reversed and Darcy was with Louise with COVID I could definitely see louise doing the whole ‘woe is me my child is ill and I have to look after her‘ thing as well. Personally this is the only reason why I don’t think Louise has been ill or anything because I don’t think she could resist having a moan about it for the sweet sweet clicks)

(* I’m not saying Louise is filthy btw 🤣 just reiterating that she’s not getting a dig/insult in)

At the end of the day - Darcy is a child, and a positive COVID result is her private health. Legally the only people who should be informed are her parents and if they wish to share that it’s their prerogative. IMO Nobody should be sharing their child’s health. But if Louise wanted to post the ‘woe is me my poorly little baby’ vibe then that’s her decision. But it is definitely not Devon’s right to be sharing Darcy’s private health information before either of her parents.

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.