Louise McSharry Moaning Michael her brows are a fright, views so left, she's always right

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sophie White is giving out about it on her stories. Looks like it wasn’t Louise’s choice to go. Personally I really liked her show. Grim to think we’re getting even more men on the bleeping radio like we’re short of it.

Reactions: 8
The show seems to be cancelled effective immediately, seems very sudden or maybe she’s known a while?

Reactions: 5
Probably and unpopular opinion but I never liked her show the few times I’ve had a listen and her having one of her clique on every few weeks was getting tiresome. Wonder who her replacement will be?

Reactions: 1
The show seems to be cancelled effective immediately, seems very sudden or maybe she’s known a while?
Doubt she’s known for any period as she said on Twitter crying all day wasn’t good for IBS. Will be interesting to see who shows up for that slot tomorrow. Maybe Doireann and co are being moved into it. Found the weekend show kinda dull listening to be honest so hadn’t tuned in in a long time. Plus the having the gardener/landscaper dude on the show and then taking freebies from him really put me off her and her show.

Reactions: 6
Wow it seems so sudden she’s not even doing her show this weekend and I’m sure she would have liked to have said hers goodbyes to her colleagues in person.

Reactions: 4
It's shocking they won't let her finish out the show this weekend. She has worked for them for 11 years would they not just give her that grace to say goodbye?

Reactions: 14
I actually think it's a disgraceful way for her and her team to be treated whatever about my other thoughts on Louise herself. Her employer like any, should have thanked her and not ushered her off under the cover of darkness like they did to a certain breakfast presenter recently but for a VERY different reason.....understandable in his case.

Reactions: 17
Absolutely appalling way to treat her and her team, not letting them do the final shows. Yet those dreadful less than mediocre pick me gals Doireann and Jennifer get to keep their shows??? Is there a brain cell working in RTÉ management at all???

Reactions: 15
Absolutely appalling way to treat her and her team, not letting them do the final shows. Yet those dreadful less than mediocre pick me gals Doireann and Jennifer get to keep their shows??? Is there a brain cell working in RTÉ management at all???
I never understood Doireann and Jennifer’s appeal, they seem to love Jennifer in RTÉ that show she had on Saturday nights was the biggest load of tripe from the few bits I’ve watched.

Reactions: 11
There’s more to this weekend than meets the eye. A successful (???) show wouldn’t just be cancelled like this with 24 hours notice. I suspect the show was bombing in the ratings. To me it primarily consisted of her interviewing the same five friends on a loop, all of whom shared her opinions and with a lot of mutual self-praise / self-congratulatory chatter. Very little tolerance for different view points.

Reactions: 21
There’s more to this weekend than meets the eye. A successful (???) show wouldn’t just be cancelled like this with 24 hours notice. I suspect the show was bombing in the ratings. To me it primarily consisted of her interviewing the same five friends on a loop, all of whom shared her opinions and with a lot of mutual self-praise / self-congratulatory chatter. Very little tolerance for different view points.
Agree her crew featured heavily but still what difference would it make to let her do a farewell show even if the ratings were a disaster. I only knew who was on it from her Instagram stories - she did her best to promote it in fairness to her. It does seem unfair that she’s being treated similarly to the other fellow, with the plug pulled very suddenly.

Reactions: 9
Agree her crew featured heavily but still what difference would it make to let her do a farewell show even if the ratings were a disaster. I only knew who was on it from her Instagram stories - she did her best to promote it in fairness to her. It does seem unfair that she’s being treated similarly to the other fellow, with the plug pulled very suddenly.
That’s a fair point, however that said, she’s extremely self-righteous, permanently outraged about something and with definite loose canon tendencies. From RTE’s point of view they have to be looking at risk management. My guess is they were worried about what she might come out with - regardless of what the reason for departure was, hence the sharp exit.

Reactions: 11
just came to say - I doubt she left of her own choice, people don't leave the RTE gravy train of their own volition!

Reactions: 2
That’s a fair point, however that said, she’s extremely self-righteous, permanently outraged about something and with definite loose canon tendencies. From RTE’s point of view they have to be looking at risk management. My guess is they were worried about what she might come out with - regardless of what the reason for departure was, hence the sharp exit.
She does seem to be in a permanent state of outrage alright, funny for this when the outrage is most justified she’s having to be all ‘thanks RTE for the opportunities’ through gritted teeth probably 😬

Reactions: 5
In fairness to Louise radio stations always pull the plug quickly and don’t let presenters back on after the show has been cancelled. I’ve seen it time and time again. I think it’s because they’re afraid of people going off-script and saying something that bosses don’t like or mentioning a new station etc. Usually only if someone is moving to a different slot or retiring are they allowed to a farewell.

Reactions: 8
Her colleagues have clearly been told not to comment, nothing from Tara Stewart or Conor Behan who are normally so pally with her on Instagram

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.