Louise McSharry Moaning Michael her brows are a fright, views so left, she's always right

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually think it's a disgraceful way for her and her team to be treated whatever about my other thoughts on Louise herself. Her employer like any, should have thanked her and not ushered her off under the cover of darkness like they did to a certain breakfast presenter recently but for a VERY different reason.....understandable in his case.
The team that worked with her will be redeployed to other parts of rte radio. They won’t be out of a job.

It’s not unusual in the radio industry in Ireland for someone to be gone straight away. This has happened many times.

I also don’t think this was sudden. This was known about for a while. I don’t think there was a show planned for this weekend as they would have known it was not going to air.

To be honest, I stopped listening to her - it was always the same people with no variety. It was a bit stale to be honest.

Reactions: 2
Contract would state all the terms and no doubt being paid til end of the agreed contact.
Happens all the time in the working world.
Too much of a liability to put on air, she must have ruffled the feathers of the coffin dodger RTE exec team.

Blindboy’s impression of a 2fm DJ really sums RTE up. Forget different nationalities - they can’t even drum up some regional presenters. Irish radio really is the pits.

Reactions: 9
All these comments show that you’ve all been burnt by employers before 😂
Regardless of whether it’s happened to you or it’s par for the course… that doesn’t make it right or indeed, more palatable.

There was a show planned this weekend, guests booked (Richard chambers was one of them) and now, at the last minute, it’s all canned.

Sure she’s paid yada yada, it’s not really about that though. It’s a seriously crappy thing to do!

Reactions: 17
duck 2FM. They're notorious for going for the lowest common denominator (hello Jennifer Zamparelli).

I only heard the show a few times as I'm not a big talk radio fan but it seems to me that if Louise had a fault, it was that she had a Radio 1 tone on the wrong station.

Her voice was pleasant, but solemn. She struck a very sober and considered tone and dare I say a little dull? Her topics were generally worthy and had lots of intelligent discussion on a station that rewards vacuous shrieking.

I hope she goes for Newstalk or similar, I think it's a better fit for her.

Reactions: 10
Even Eoghan mc dermott got time to leave and forewarn his listeners... what the hell?? Boycott 2fm seriously hope she gets her payback and has a hugely popular show in the future!!

I was a massive fan of 2fm breakfast when keith and bernard were on it. Why they kept yer wan and dropped them 2

Reactions: 7
these comments show that you’ve all been burnt by employers before // 😂
Regardless of whether it’s happened to you or it’s par for the course… that doesn’t make it right or indeed, more palatable.
It's not being burnt by an employer though when it's in a contract you've signed. It's up to the individual to be aware of all the terms and conditions. It's just business.
I would have in my own case done exactly the same as my employer did. It worked out far better for us both! I certainly wasn't treated unfairly.
In fairness I'm not a Louise fan for her radio or social media content (I love her make-up content though) but I think she has handled herself fantastically in dealing with this unexpected event and should be very proud of herself.

Reactions: 8
All these comments show that you’ve all been burnt by employers before 😂

There was a show planned this weekend, guests booked (Richard chambers was one of them) and now, at the last minute, it’s all canned.

Sure she’s paid yada yada, it’s not really about that though. It’s a seriously crappy thing to do!
Unlikely RTE management care about feelings and cancelling interviews with mediocre irish journalists.

Reactions: 1
I was a massive fan of 2fm breakfast when keith and bernard were on it. Why they kept yer wan and dropped them 2
Yep I never got that 🙄, didn’t they put Keith in an afternoon weekend slot at the time. As I’ve already said I don’t get Jennifer’s appeal but RTÉ seem to love the arse of her.

Reactions: 5
Yep I never got that 🙄, didn’t they put Keith in an afternoon weekend slot at the time. As I’ve already said I don’t get Jennifer’s appeal but RTÉ seem to love the arse of her.
Yeah gave him some slot nobody listens to. Him and Bernard buzzed so well off each other. Between jennifer and lottie ryan getting kept on it was a disgrace

Not against women btw the other 2 were just better

It’s really not unusual and realistically how could they let her on air this weekend and run the risk of her saying something live on air that they don’t want said. I’m not surprised at all that they wouldn’t take the risk.
Does her a bit of a disservice I think, not sure why she’s suddenly being characterised as some runaway mouth.

As I said my favourite DJ gave his listenership 6 months notice, it has emerged it wasn’t his choice but he never alluded to it. The height of professionalism. Which i imagine Louise could muster. She does want to continue in the industry I assume.

I think having a show lined up, the entire team going too - it is shocking, standard or not (I don’t particularly think this level of tight timeline is). Bless her. She must be reeling.

Even Eoghan mc dermott got time to leave and forewarn his listeners... what the hell?? Boycott 2fm seriously hope she gets her payback and has a hugely popular show in the future!!

Eh didn't he go on "annual leave" and then a statement was put out that he had left.... slightly different circumstances there lol.

The one thing I did find difficult about her slot at the weekend was she was on the same time as Alison Curtis on todayFM. Personally I find them both quite difficult to listen to so it's 2 stations gone for me if LMS has someone on that I have 0 interest in (which would happen often). Wouldn't normally listen to 2FM, would turn it on sometimes to get away from the sports on radio1 and newstalk

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Correct me if I am wrong but very few are actual "employees" of RTE, even the big names like Joe Duffy (Jesus Christ) are contractors that work with RTE. Louise would probably have been the same, same for her husband.

Yeah gave him some slot nobody listens to. Him and Bernard buzzed so well off each other. Between jennifer and lottie ryan getting kept on it was a disgrace

Not against women btw the other 2 were just better
OH GOD.

Lottie is due back off maternity leave. Imagine she gets the slot 🙄

Eh didn't he go on "annual leave" and then a statement was put out that he had left.... slightly different circumstances there lol.

The one thing I did find difficult about her slot at the weekend was she was on the same time as Alison Curtis on todayFM. Personally I find them both quite difficult to listen to so it's 2 stations gone for me if LMS has someone on that I have 0 interest in (which would happen often). Wouldn't normally listen to 2FM, would turn it on sometimes to get away from the sports on radio1 and newstalk
Yes I switched to Today Fm a few months the back from 2fm and couldn't get over how similar they are across across day with their shows and games. Louise and Alison are identical. Then there there someone on the weekend afternoon slot that is identical to Stephen Byrne who does the same slot on 2fm .

Reactions: 3
Does her a bit of a disservice I think, not sure why she’s suddenly being characterised as some runaway mouth.

As I said my favourite DJ gave his listenership 6 months notice, it has emerged it wasn’t his choice but he never alluded to it. The height of professionalism. Which i imagine Louise could muster. She does want to continue in the industry I assume.

I think having a show lined up, the entire team going too - it is shocking, standard or not (I don’t particularly think this level of tight timeline is). Bless her. She must be reeling.
No one is characterising her as anything, it’s not personal to her, that is what happens when people are let go from roles/contracts/etc. I’m glad your favourite DJ got 6 months if that’s what he wanted but not everyone would want to hang around like that knowing the plug was being pulled on them.

Sounds very much like she's thinking podcast from her own comments. I don't know if you earn enough to live on with a podcast tbh, but it would be a natural progression for her.

The trouble with podcasts is it needs to have an appeal outside of Irish listeners to make money, so it'll be interesting to see what her USP is.

It must be nice to get your weekends back though when you have kids. Especially when they're in school, you miss out on a lot by working weekends.

Sounds very much like she's thinking podcast from her own comments. I don't know if you earn enough to live on with a podcast tbh, but it would be a natural progression for her.

The trouble with podcasts is it needs to have an appeal outside of Irish listeners to make money, so it'll be interesting to see what her USP is.

It must be nice to get your weekends back though when you have kids. Especially when they're in school, you miss out on a lot by working weekends.
It does sound like she is going to do a podcast. She still has her column she does for the Indo and I’d say she’ll do more writing now too. I’d expect her Instagram sponsored content to crank up a notch now too. Losing the radio gig has to be a severe blow to her pocket I’d imagine.

Reactions: 3
The same thing happened to Muireann o Connell on Today Fm, she hasn’t done too badly from it!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.