Louise Cooney #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She can’t even bother to take 30 seconds to check how the name of the brand is pronounced! Yes, it’s French and perhaps she didn’t want to sound like an obnoxious Pepe le Pew, but at least give it a try... If I was the brand manager for Caudalie, I’d be annoyed that she hadn’t done the most basic research.
Omg cow-duh-lay 😂 Louise I know for a fact that french was compulsory in your secondary school, clearly you didn't learn much in 6 years 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She’s plugging Caudalie skincare, wasn’t she promoting number 7 skincare the other day? She has zero integrity. Most of her posts on her feed are ads and she has at least one ad every day on her stories. She’s cute out
Tried that no 7. Burnt the face off me and only used once.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone actually use no.7 or is it just Boots plugging it to death

Reactions: 4
That live she did with Jennifer Rock was crap. The questions were flying in and they answered none of them. Like what is the point?!

Reactions: 7
Does anyone actually use no.7 or is it just Boots plugging it to death
I always have. Find it good. Wouldn’t be one for expensive brands and fairly low maintenance skin thank god!

Reactions: 5
Tried that no 7. Burnt the face off me and only used once.
Is that the No 7 retinol? Retinol is a very powerful ingredient, and if not used correctly can cause irritation, flaking and skin sensitivity. Of course it would burn the face off of you if she didn’t explain how it should be used! She’s not a beauty blogger, but she can’t even be bothered to give a basic explanation of what to do/what not to do when using it.

Retinol has lots of benefits (stimulates collagen, evens out skin texture, improves pigmentation) but you don’t use it like you would a moisturiser. You use a pea-sized amount once a week at night and build up a tolerance from there. Retinol makes skin photosensitive so you must wear SPF during the day when using it.

She always misses the mark, doesn’t she? It baffles me how she gets work from so many companies ...

Reactions: 13
She’s not able to describe or explain anything beyond saying “such a difference”. The absolute blank stare out of her tonight when skin nerd was talking. She looks like she has rocks for brains. When advertising retinol she should be showing us how to use it, where to apply it and more importantly where to avoid using it. There will be people buying it off her recommendation who may never even use skincare never mind retinol and they need to know this information. She speaks about products as though we already should know all about them. She really is lacking in intelligence

Reactions: 8
Like we needed a video to show us how to use a hair clip. She is some dope
Girl, she’s playing us. When I swiped up on the link to the clip, I could see the affiliate link before the page opened. Even on Instagram, there are cookies for affiliate links.

ASOS has 20% off everything at the moment. Perhaps she thought she’d be cute by playing dumb and posting a swipe up link to the clip, knowing full well that people would think it was ridiculous to post about a hair clip, but would nevertheless click on the swipe up for a laugh. If even a small percentage of those who click on Louise’s link then browse ASOS and buy something because of the current sale, she’s made a couple of hundred euro.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Is that the No 7 retinol? Retinol is a very powerful ingredient, and if not used correctly can cause irritation, flaking and skin sensitivity. Of course it would burn the face off of you if she didn’t explain how it should be used! She’s not a beauty blogger, but she can’t even be bothered to give a basic explanation of what to do/what not to do when using it.

Retinol has lots of benefits (stimulates collagen, evens out skin texture, improves pigmentation) but you don’t use it like you would a moisturiser. You use a pea-sized amount once a week at night and build up a tolerance from there. Retinol makes skin photosensitive so you must wear SPF during the day when using it.

She always misses the mark, doesn’t she? It baffles me how she gets work from so many companies ...
Exactly this!!! My younger sister bought a retinol product after watching one of these numpties and applied every night and unaware of the risk of retinol or how it should be introduced gradually into her skincare and she completely burnt the face of herself. I was horrified and raging as she was so upset and it looked so painful. She then threw said expensive product away thinking it was a bad product but in reality she was the guilty sad outcome of a swipe up addict influencer who failed to add the education on how to use the product other than say, use it and you will look as flawless as my botoxed face!! Makes me so angry!!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Am I the only one who doesn't think you should be relying on these people to educate you about how to use skin products? Half of them probably don't even know themselves. Do people really not look up what a product is and how to use it before purchasing? Or even read the description on the website before purchasing? Don't think you can blame Louise and co. for that lack of thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Am I the only one who doesn't think you should be relying on these people to educate you about how to use skin products? Half of them probably don't even know themselves. Do people really not look up what a product is and how to use it before purchasing? Or even read the description on the website before purchasing? Don't think you can blame Louise and co. for that lack of thought.
Agree on this one. Even if Louise is doing swipe ups it’s not her fault that someone misused the product. Louise did say that you use a small amount a couple of times a week if I recall correctly.

Reactions: 4
I agree but to an extent. Retinol is an extremely strong ingredient and if promoting it and representing a brand, they should be more specific. If it's general moisturizers / creams etc then grand but 3 or 4 if them were pushing that boots retinol product with limited guidance. The brands should be giving the influencers a script when promoting to ensure it covers best practice for something like retinol so responsibility lies with both...

I personally do my skincare research and obsess over it but so many young ones (like my sis) are just naiive and don't know any better, I certainly didn't in my 20s.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.