Louise Cooney #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one who doesn't think you should be relying on these people to educate you about how to use skin products? Half of them probably don't even know themselves. Do people really not look up what a product is and how to use it before purchasing? Or even read the description on the website before purchasing? Don't think you can blame Louise and co. for that lack of thought.
I totally see your point. And yes, the onus is on the customer to educate themselves. Nevertheless, if she is being paid by Boots to advertise a retinol, she should talk about more than just the fact that it’s on offer. As with everything else she does, it’s half-arsed.

Reactions: 8
I totally see your point. And yes, the onus is on the customer to educate themselves. Nevertheless, if she is being paid by Boots to advertise a retinol, she should talk about more than just the fact that it’s on offer. As with everything else she does, it’s half-arsed.
Yes that is true, it's typical Louise with the blank stare and bare minimum. And like another poster said, it would be great if the brands gave them a little script on how to use a product that not everyone is familiar with. It can be so confusing trying to figure it all out for loads of different products 😩. Hope they don't start shilling vitamin A products without a warning for pregnant ladies!

Reactions: 2
Of course she should inform people on how to use it properly. Retinol is an active product and so isn’t any old skincare. You could damage your skin if you applied it incorrectly and/or didn’t use SPF the next day. If she was at all decent at her job, she would demonstrate using it and showing how much/little she uses and where she avoids using it on her face. Showing it to us after she has used it by just holding up the packaging and saying “such a difference”, helps nobody! But I don’t think she even knows herself how to use it as she said she had a massive reaction to it at the start. And that’s what happens when these companies rely on people with the intelligence of a goldfish to flog their products. When advertising something active like retinol you have to assume your audience knows nothing about it and if they’re buying it on your recommendation the onus is on you to describe how to use it

Reactions: 10
Of course she should inform people on how to use it properly. Retinol is an active product and so isn’t any old skincare. You could damage your skin if you applied it incorrectly and/or didn’t use SPF the next day. If she was at all decent at her job, she would demonstrate using it and showing how much/little she uses and where she avoids using it on her face. Showing it to us after she has used it by just holding up the packaging and saying “such a difference”, helps nobody! But I don’t think she even knows herself how to use it as she said she had a massive reaction to it at the start. And that’s what happens when these companies rely on people with the intelligence of a goldfish to flog their products. When advertising something active like retinol you have to assume your audience knows nothing about it and if they’re buying it on your recommendation the onus is on you to describe how to use it
I think the Canada Goose fiasco really showed her up ... in that she either doesn't do her research into products/companies at all or just doesn't care - it's all about the promoting/pay check or probably both!

Reactions: 12
Just caught up on her recent day in the life, how she schedules her day and needs a tick box to remind herself to do basic human things blows my mind!!!

A busy woman with a busy job, house, kids, pets whatever etc i get the list. Sitting at home, working in an industry which is quiet sparse at moment and you need a list that you tick off that you've showered and gone for a walk!?!?! Am I missing something!!! I'm currently creating my list for tomorrow to remind myself to shower and brush my teeth ✅✅

Reactions: 13
Just caught up on her recent day in the life, how she schedules her day and needs a tick box to remind herself to do basic human things blows my mind!!!

A busy woman with a busy job, house, kids, pets whatever etc i get the list. Sitting at home, working in an industry which is quiet sparse at moment and you need a list that you tick off that you've showered and gone for a walk!?!?! Am I missing something!!! I'm currently creating my list for tomorrow to remind myself to shower and brush my teeth ✅✅
To make her feel like she's achieved something in her day...I mean..her content yesterday was tying up her hair. The mind boggles.

Reactions: 1
Think someone said it on another thread, the content being thrown out by some is really showing how bland their lives are without events!!

Reactions: 2
The problem with influencers overall is you're meant to aspire to/want what they have. Now the holidays, free stays away here there and everywhere are gone you're left to rely on your personality and ingenuity to keep people watching. You have to think outside the box to keep people engaged. If you have the personality of a limp sock like Lou you're screwed. All you have is showing free stuff and being pretty. A lot of people are over that when they've lost jobs, are worried about losing their houses or are just barely coping with everything going on.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I dont follow Louise, but have come across her grid and stories now and again. I can say she never bothered me before today but when I saw the Dyson hoover gifted to her and then in her next story shes trying to flog a necklace like omfg it really is just constant advertising with her. You know what would be great advertising for a company, gifting nice things to doctors, nurses etc. They’re the real MVP’s lets be real😏🙌🏼 I know I’d think alot more of a company if I heard they did that, giving them to influencers makes me not want to buy anything off them

Reactions: 13
I found a note I had written to myself in the past (no idea why!) but it is applicable to influencers during the pandemic.

"You find out who someone really is when they have nothing to do"

Reactions: 9
Is that the No 7 retinol? Retinol is a very powerful ingredient, and if not used correctly can cause irritation, flaking and skin sensitivity. Of course it would burn the face off of you if she didn’t explain how it should be used! She’s not a beauty blogger, but she can’t even be bothered to give a basic explanation of what to do/what not to do when using it.

Retinol has lots of benefits (stimulates collagen, evens out skin texture, improves pigmentation) but you don’t use it like you would a moisturiser. You use a pea-sized amount once a week at night and build up a tolerance from there. Retinol makes skin photosensitive so you must wear SPF during the day when using it.

She always misses the mark, doesn’t she? It baffles me how she gets work from so many companies ...
Thanks a million for the useful info. I might try again when my face heals. You should be a "influencer" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I take huge issue with the amount of stuff that is gifted to influencers and it is not from a place of jealousy, i thought at first maybe was I jealous did a begrudge someone getting something that i would have to pay for and it's genuinely not.bugs the life out of me someone getting something for free and then promoting it, not highlighting its been given for free?? Getting some products (revitalash) for free which is in excess of $100 and then trying to suggest your opinion hasn't being altered or tainted by the fact that theyre free??? And then the "I'd buy again"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nooooooo "you'd buy" you didn't buy the first time??? Remember??

And not having to pay tax on gifted or pr items??

Reactions: 16
I think if an influencer gets paid by a brand to promote a product, the company should provide adequate info and the influencer should do their own research too. They have a nice enough life, its the least they could do really

Reactions: 5
She’s one of the worst for ads. She has about three a day on her stories and her grid is full of ads. She has no loyalty either and she seems to take everything she is offered, regardless of conflict of interest with other brands. She seems to get away with it too

They do know this is a short term game? Like make your money now fine, but few years time louise will be past her sell by date, she has an education yes with no recent experience in field? So basically null and void??

Reactions: 4
Just watched her vlog. You need to watch it just to see how many sweet potato fries she gave herself for her dinner. I think I counted about two and a half chips on her plate. The clip of her scissoring Megan for the wine challenge made it in too

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Good thing Dyson gifted Louise that extra large vacuum, you know, because of all that vast floor space she has to look after :rolleyes::unsure:

• Haha
Just watched her vlog. You need to watch it just to see how many sweet potato fries she gave herself for her dinner. I think I counted about two and a half chips on her plate. The clip of her scissoring Megan for the wine challenge made it in too
I'd prefer to see her showing what she actually eats than making out to eat entire pizzas etc.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.