Lorna Luxe #48 Trust Pilot - Dreadful experience, clothes are nasty

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The NHS is free at point of use and everyone has paid into it. If they did a moral judgement before treating people I’m sure a lot of us would fall short.
Totally agree with you! He has paid his nhs so he’s entitled to treatment the same as everyone else. It’s totally wrong to say because he smokes and drinks that he’s not entitled to use the nhs. I bet most people on here drink!

Reactions: 22
Totally agree with you! He has paid his nhs so he’s entitled to treatment the same as everyone else. It’s totally wrong to say because he smokes and drinks that he’s not entitled to use the nhs. I bet most people on here drink!
Smoking and drinking when you’re diagnosed with a illness is a bit bleeping different. I don’t have any sympathy for him when he hasn’t helped himself.

Reactions: 10
I’m going to go against the grain and say that if I was John - so drinking and smoking was a large part of my lifestyle and what I enjoyed - and I knew it wasn’t good news, then I might well carry on doing the stuff I wanted to do. I’m not going to judge the travel either. Feeling guaranteed sun on your face rather than being stuck in a concrete bunker.
I totally get that & had a relative who did exactly that - her view was "I might as well spend what time I have left enjoying the things that I like" & " what's it's going to do kill me"

Smoking and drinking when you’re diagnosed with a illness is a bit bleeping different. I don’t have any sympathy for him when he hasn’t helped himself.
Gosh that’s a pretty angry response.

Gosh that’s a pretty angry response.
You twisted what I said I didn’t say because people drink and smoke they shouldn’t be allowed NHS treatment but it’s a bit of a slap in the face to the system when you’re told you’re unwell and you continue.
Not only that but you broadcast it on public social media whilst still expecting people to feel sorry for you, followed by ads and clearly monetising on the illness. Hopefully he makes some kind of recovery and it’s not terminal but you can’t expect a different outcome when you’re effectively feeding the cancer.

I’m with you on this .. it just seems wrong .
I’ve known people terminally ill take on a healthy lifestyle, albeit too late but purely to give themselves a better chance with the horrendous chemo effects.
I know Everyone has a difference of opinion on cancer . I’m also aware that a lot of Tits on the thread have experienced it either 1st hand or with friends or family and his behaviour is gonna be a trigger for a lot of us .
Personally I think he’s a Fukkin idiot still smoking and drinking .

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m with you on this .. it just seems wrong .
I’ve known people terminally ill take on a healthy lifestyle, albeit too late but purely to give themselves a better chance with the horrendous chemo effects.
I know Everyone has a difference of opinion on cancer . I’m also aware that a lot of Tits on the thread have experienced it either 1st hand or with friends or family and his behaviour is gonna be a trigger for a lot of us .
Personally I think he’s a Fukkin idiot still smoking and drinking .
My father currently has cancer. Treated and clear for one and now another diagnosis the same as John. He’s the most important person to me. He’s having to go private to get his treatment due to the nhs not pushing his treatment quick enough. So I too am going through the same feelings as most of you. That said, I’m of the opinion if he wants a cigar and a glass or two of red then I’m happy for him to oblige. If the previous posts weren’t meant to say because John smokes or drinks he can’t use the nhs then that’s fine. If people think those who do this shouldn’t take treatment from the nhs then my opinion is that’s unfair.

Reactions: 17
I hope you wouldn’t also accept free treatment on the NHS in that case!!!!
It’s free at the point of use. It’s not free, it’s funded via general taxation and NIC, of which I’m sure he’s paid handsomely. Wouldn’t be my choice to carry on the way he is, albeit I’ve never drank or smoked. But he has just as much right to use it as anyone else, despite his lifestyle choices.

ETA: I see this has already been pointed out upthread!

Reactions: 14
It’s free at the point of use. It’s not free, it’s funded via general taxation and NIC, of which I’m sure he’s paid handsomely. Wouldn’t be my choice to carry on the way he is, albeit I’ve never drank or smoked. But he has just as much right to use it as anyone else, despite his lifestyle choices.

ETA: I see this has already been pointed out upthread!
Given I’ve lived in the UK since birth I don’t need schooling on how the NHS works 🙄

Tbh .. his result doesn’t take away from the fact that they’re still a pair of badly dressed, greedy,deceitful twats.

Reactions: 13
A lot of assumptions being thrown about here. All because it can’t be removed and they have to do chemo and radiation it doesn’t at ALL mean he’s going to die from it. They can shrink it as much as possible and then put him onto drugs and maybe experimental drugs that can prolong his life for many many years. They certainly have a lot of money behind them to get the best treatments possible and he’s definitely lived a very good and full life so having a year out at home to rest and to have treatment and try to beat it is what’s best for him right now. Also he very much needs to gain weight and fast, the chemo and radiation will take more weight off of him and he already looks sickly thin. I know me personally, I wouldn’t be traveling, i would be throwing every thing possible at my health, the best food the best care, daily workouts to build muscle and strength.

Reactions: 8
My father currently has cancer. Treated and clear for one and now another diagnosis the same as John. He’s the most important person to me. He’s having to go private to get his treatment due to the nhs not pushing his treatment quick enough. So I too am going through the same feelings as most of you. That said, I’m of the opinion if he wants a cigar and a glass or two of red then I’m happy for him to oblige. If the previous posts weren’t meant to say because John smokes or drinks he can’t use the nhs then that’s fine. If people think those who do this shouldn’t take treatment from the nhs then my opinion is that’s unfair.
Sorry to hear about your Dad x

• Heart
All because it can’t be removed and they have to do chemo and radiation it doesn’t at ALL mean he’s going to die from it.
Exactly and I would hope if they had at any point been told it was terminal she might be just a little bit more than ‘incredibly pissed off’

Reactions: 5
A lot of assumptions being thrown about here. All because it can’t be removed and they have to do chemo and radiation it doesn’t at ALL mean he’s going to die from it. They can shrink it as much as possible and then put him onto drugs and maybe experimental drugs that can prolong his life for many many years. They certainly have a lot of money behind them to get the best treatments possible and he’s definitely lived a very good and full life so having a year out at home to rest and to have treatment and try to beat it is what’s best for him right now. Also he very much needs to gain weight and fast, the chemo and radiation will take more weight off of him and he already looks sickly thin. I know me personally, I wouldn’t be traveling, i would be throwing every thing possible at my health, the best food the best care, daily workouts to build muscle and strength.
Only time will tell . Best thing he could do is put himself first now and stop acting like the whipping boy. The best thing she could do is stop acting like Queen Baby and put her needs second. Can’t see that happening .

Reactions: 12
I wonder how the coming weeks will be spent with chemo etc. Didn't she say they were selling up HH? Or am I wrong on that? As I recall she said that was were he stayed during last treatment. Will she hold up in the concrete bunker, giving herself makeovers with wonky eyeliner and blading her face fuzz pre gifted parties in London, or will she actually hold his hand every step of the way

Reactions: 6
Probably going against the grain too but with that news can’t say I blame them for however they choose to spend their time. Also (again against the grain) but a lot of criticism of her doing a paid ad etc in the same/next post. At the end of the day it’s her job we would all be expected to carry on with our jobs after receiving such news in my view this is just the same and probably a lot easier as she can just write a post/ put a picture on rather than having to face colleagues etc like we would have to do. It’s just incredibly sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Been at work so only just seen this, but her choice of words is appalling. Pissed off ? Really? because it’s ruining her plans?

Broken, devastated, terrified maybe? But pissed off just implies it’s a personal attack on HER.

None of us know what will happen with John but It would be good to see Lorna being respectful of his illness and not monetising it because that’s all I see.
---
Probably going against the grain too but with that news can’t say I blame them for however they choose to spend their time. Also (again against the grain) but a lot of criticism of her doing a paid ad etc in the same/next post. At the end of the day it’s her job we would all be expected to carry on with our jobs after receiving such news in my view this is just the same and probably a lot easier as she can just write a post/ put a picture on rather than having to face colleagues etc like we would have to do. It’s just incredibly sad.
Would we though? My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I can hand on heart say that we didn’t just carry on and pop in to work to unnecessarily show strangers pictures of our house or wine. I certainly wasn’t filtering pictures of myself and sharing them with people I’ve never met. Yes, in time things do have to continue in some way, but in the same hour? Her post this morning was “ it’s too much”. 3 hours later she’s back seeking attention !
The reality is brutal and gruelling and horrible and crippling and it changed my perspective on everything.
Granted she only has to press a button and post stuff from the luxury of her bunker, but is it really necessary right now? Or is it all about Lorna?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Been at work so only just seen this, but her choice of words is appalling. Pissed off ? Really? because it’s ruining her plans?

Broken, devastated, terrified maybe? But pissed off just implies it’s a personal attack on HER.

None of us know what will happen with John but It would be good to see Lorna being respectful of his illness and not monetising it because that’s all I see.
---
Oh my darling @allaboutthemay
Would we though? My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer and I can hand on heart say that we didn’t just carry on and pop in to work to unnecessarily show strangers pictures of our house or wine. I certainly wasn’t filtering pictures of myself and sharing them with people I’ve never met. Yes, in time things do have to continue in some way, but in the same hour? Her post this morning was “ it’s too much”. 3 hours later she’s back seeking attention !
The reality is brutal and gruelling and horrible and crippling and it changed my perspective on everything.
Granted she only has to press a button and post stuff from the luxury of her bunker, but is it really necessary right now? Or is it all about Lorna?

---

My heart breaks for you @AllAboutTheMayhem

• Heart
Sorry if I came across angry with anyone, I’ll ride on the excuse that i’m about 29 months pregnant and generally angry but I still can’t agree that anyone receiving or anticipating cancer treatment however it’s funded should be drinking or smoking. That’s my opinion and clearly we all have our own experiences with cancer that have formed opinions that perhaps don’t align.

But that said and to be fair to John you can’t believe anything Lorna posts and it might not even be what it seems, for some reason she’s always thought smoking and excessive drinking is cool and will go out of her way to post these images like the strategically placed glass of rose on the latest post. The opening and closing words on that post are equally fucked up when addressing your husbands latest results “team lady A always” please since when?

I think it’s the fact there’s no break. The news of his cancer in the same post as a thanks to Lady A. It’s just crass.

Much love to all dealing with, or having dealt with, such difficult diagnoses.

Reactions: 11