Loose Women - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jane is the only one I have any respect for tbh. She is also a real journalist in the old school way not someone plucked off of social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Charlene clearly hasn’t watched Emerdale and just made it clear when interviewing Jamie Tate.

why not stick to broadcasting?

There is such a divide between Charlene and the other panalists - it’s not racial - she isn’t likeable or nice.

Reactions: 10
Charlene clearly hasn’t watched Emerdale and just made it clear when interviewing Jamie Tate.

why not stick to broadcasting?

There is such a divide between Charlene and the other panalists - it’s not racial - she isn’t likeable or nice.
I also wonder if it’s because a new panellist got the anchor role, seems a bit unfair to me

Reactions: 3
Yes it’s clear they just wanted to fulfil the quota and now they are stuck with her.

she is too aggressive & showed today how she cannot be neutral.

I predict Jane will be “resigning” soon.
She dared to question her.

Reactions: 9
Yes Janet won’t last either because she doesn’t back down, is calm and stands her ground

Reactions: 4
Charlene is a terrible anchor is much better suited to itv news, I know on DS if I said this I'd be attacked and accused of racism but she's too serious and doesn't suit Loose Women.

Why not use Kelle or Brenda as anchors? They're more warm and both have a fun side as well as serious.

Reactions: 10
Charlene is a terrible anchor is much better suited to itv news, I know on DS if I said this I'd be attacked and accused of racism but she's too serious and doesn't suit Loose Women.

Why not use Kelle or Brenda as anchors? They're more warm and both have a fun side as well as serious.
I LOVE Brenda. She’s my fave loose women.

Reactions: 3
I love Brenda too. She could be a better anchor.

she is humble & hasn’t met the cancer break her.

kellie would be too hard.

judy is a good panellist but not articulate enough to bethe head one.

why not give Janet the role? She isn’t black but she is the calmest one and has the best stories

Reactions: 5
How awkward was today’s show!!!

Charlene def got told to continue the Harry and Meghan convo as they only touched on the racism issue. When they came back from the ad break she said ‘we seem to make it up as we go along here because we’re going to continue the conversation about Harry and Megan’ then later she made comments about keeping their emerdale guy waiting a long time.

So awkward. Horrible to watch. Felt for Jane! Charlene was really gunning for her. It was so passive aggressive.

Reactions: 11
I love Brenda too. She could be a better anchor.

she is humble & hasn’t met the cancer break her.

kellie would be too hard.

judy is a good panellist but not articulate enough to bethe head one.

why not give Janet the role? She isn’t black but she is the calmest one and has the best stories
I love Brenda. She seems lovely. I like Kéllé too but she handled the Meghan and Harry situation like Charlene did if I remember correctly.

Last edited:
It was awkward. The thing is Meghan said Harry told her about the racist comment.

it’s second hand info and hiding who said it makes it less credible. We are entitled to interpret that how we like.

charlene is keen to push the racist agenda - the “evidence” is not very compelling and comes from
Someone who has contradicted herself a lot.

jane had a good point - we need to know who said it.

Charlene kept telling her that’s not relevant - well Yes it is.Very.

Reactions: 7
How awkward was today’s show!!!

Charlene def got told to continue the Harry and Meghan convo as they only touched on the racism issue. When they came back from the ad break she said ‘we seem to make it up as we go along here because we’re going to continue the conversation about Harry and Megan’ then later she made comments about keeping their emerdale guy waiting a long time.

So awkward. Horrible to watch. Felt for Jane! Charlene was really gunning for her. It was so passive aggressive.
Another reason why Charlene isn’t right for the panel/as an anchor. Very unprofessional

Reactions: 8
No sorry, Jane trying to normalise causal racism. No.
And kept interrupting and not even trying to understand what racism is like from a poc POV.
it was uncomfortable to watch because of Jane and her small minded views.

No, plain rude actually. Clearly I’m in the minority thinking this too 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Charlene is obviously passionate about her views on racism but she just doesn't want to hear anyone else's point of view if they don't agree with her. Its really making her look very aggressive.

Reactions: 9
And kept interrupting and not even trying to understand what racism is like from a poc POV.

I think both of them were in the wrong and were being argumentative. Both of their facial expressions when the other was talking was just rude, they shouldn’t be on the same show anymore but I guess it makes good TV

Dr shola is no better, shouting her point across with piers Morgan.

it doesn’t help if you shout and interrupt.

I don’t believe this Archie comment at all, they needed to stick it in for the programme to go viral and them to achieve more fame for their z list careers.

if you don’t allow other people to speak on these issues, you end up with them online & then they are called “trolls”.

She was questioning the “story”
They have already had to clarify it wasn’t the queen saying it.

why mention something controversial and not say the source? It makes them all look “guilty”.

the queen is right in not dignifying this z list reality tv with a response.

To be honest, when Jane said about the aggressive sexist thing i did cringe because she was doing exactly what Charlene was explaining about minority and racism but Charlene started the whole interrupting match as soon and Jane or Nadia would talk she would but in over the top so they were doing it back.

They’re all as bad as each other really but the whole segment for me was just frustrating how Charlene was only wanting to focusing on one very small part of the conversation that Harry was clearly not comfortable talking about in the first place. She was trying to turn the whole issue in them leaving into a race thing when it was infact not, it was one person making a remark. The Queen offered Archie a title and they turned it down, but Archie wasn’t even entitled to one anyways much like Eugenie's child.

I just think Meghan bringing it up was terrible for Archie to hear when he’s older, what a family member has said that about him. It should if been delt with privately - educating elders on race should be encouraged in my opinion before throwing them under the bus. But anyways I’ve gone way off topic!

Reactions: 7
To be honest, when Jane said about the aggressive sexist thing i did cringe because she was doing exactly what Charlene was explaining about minority and racism but Charlene started the whole interrupting match as soon and Jane or Nadia would talk she would but in over the top so they were doing it back.

They’re all as bad as each other really but the whole segment for me was just frustrating how Charlene was only wanting to focusing on one very small part of the conversation that Harry was clearly not comfortable talking about in the first place. She was trying to turn the whole issue in them leaving into a race thing when it was infact not, it was one person making a remark. The Queen offered Archie a title and they turned it down, but Archie wasn’t even entitled to one anyways much like Eugenie's child.

I just think Meghan bringing it up was terrible for Archie to hear when he’s older, what a family member has said that about him. It should if been delt with privately - educating elders on race should be encouraged in my opinion before throwing them under the bus. But anyways I’ve gone way off topic!
Yes I do agree

Reactions: 2
Megs doesn’t do private. She is loud, brash and American.

its much more than race, it’s a family argument. M didn’t have the decorum to approach the issue with them. She used all the things that would get attention (race, mental health). I’m not convinced it’s all true.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.