Loose Women - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No sorry, Jane trying to normalise causal racism. No.
And kept interrupting and not even trying to understand what racism is like from a poc POV.
it was uncomfortable to watch because of Jane and her small minded views.

No, plain rude actually. Clearly I’m in the minority thinking this too 🤣

I agree with you.

I'm a white woman and have no real idea of how racism impacts on the lives of people of colour. Charlene does - and I don't blame her for being pissy.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I agree with you.

I'm a white woman and have no real idea of how racism impacts on the lives of people of colour. Charlene does - and I don't blame her for being pissy.
I agree I think it’s easy as a white woman to maybe thing POC are being OTT or being irrational but we don’t live their lives. I have absolutely no idea how it feels growing up as a POC or living that life, regardless of how privileged you have been in other areas. I have a friend who’s parents are indian and she is very short with anything negative or racist and she acknowledges sometimes she could let things slide but why should she? She’s been putting up with comments and remarks for 28 years why is it acceptable. I can imagine as a POC like Charleen it’s infuriating having people try to tell you how you should be feeling or saying you’re being too much!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don’t think Charlene argument was ‘wrong’ at all. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It’s the fact she thought her opinion was the only one that mattered.

Reactions: 3
Charlene is not professional. Hinting that Jane might be ok with casual racism and not letting anyone else have an opinion, is really poor anchoring. I don't know how she can call herself a journalist. It's becoming the Charlene show.

I think Jane could have explained her comments better but she wasn't given the chance.

Why is Stacey still on the show? She's unlikeable, lazy, irritating and dull.

Reactions: 11
Charlene is not professional. Hinting that Jane might be ok with casual racism and not letting anyone else have an opinion, is really poor anchoring. I don't know how she can call herself a journalist. It's becoming the Charlene show.

I think Jane could have explained her comments better but she wasn't given the chance.

Why is Stacey still on the show? She's unlikeable, lazy, irritating and dull.
Stacey probably signed a longer contract.. wouldnt buy her out...
Charlene? Dont know who she is? But its better than the same old panel (old I dont mind age I judt cant bear that bunch)..
Havent watched Loose women for so long Stacey wasnt even on it when I stopped...

The conversations are so contrived.
Trying to be controversial now... rathe rthan natural..
🙄
I think they should add 2 men to the panel... not to be politically correct...but just because its sooooooooooo boring...

Id have Matthew Wright defo full time and a guest male panelist daily... he has the journo and presenting experience...and controversy

It can still be called loose WomEN has both sexes in the title....
COME ON
Change it up a gear...

Reactions: 2
Stacey probably signed a longer contract.. wouldnt buy her out...
Charlene? Dont know who she is? But its better than the same old panel (old I dont mind age I judt cant bear that bunch)..
Havent watched Loose women for so long Stacey wasnt even on it when I stopped...

The conversations are so contrived.
Trying to be controversial now... rathe rthan natural..
🙄
I think they should add 2 men to the panel... not to be politically correct...but just because its sooooooooooo boring...

Id have Matthew Wright defo full time and a guest male panelist daily... he has the journo and presenting experience...and controversy

It can still be called loose WomEN has both sexes in the title....
COME ON
Change it up a gear...
I agree with you with regards to adding men. Not Matthew Wright for me though. And not some ITV gravy train Love Islander and heaven forbid, not Joe Swash! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
No sorry, Jane trying to normalise causal racism. No.
And kept interrupting and not even trying to understand what racism is like from a poc POV.
it was uncomfortable to watch because of Jane and her small minded views.

No, plain rude actually. Clearly I’m in the minority thinking this too 🤣
I agree with you!

Dr shola is no better, shouting her point across with piers Morgan.
I know this isn’t the piers thread but he shouts his way over the guests every single time he sits on that panel. He is in no place to call people out for being interruptive. He met his match and he didn’t like it. And frankly, the only way to get your point across when arguing with piers is to shout over him as he himself is the only who leaves no room for other points of view.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I agree with you with regards to adding men. Not Matthew Wright for me though. And not some ITV gravy train Love Islander and heaven forbid, not Joe Swash! 😂
Jo Swashs croaky voice that irrates me not so much what he says (I think he is funnyI like him) its how he speaks that irritates..
Like he has the sorest throat... like throat nodules...

Liz cundy Id like... I really liked her on that 50s women show....
She is a sweetheart
Up for some goss too!!!!

Reactions: 1
Why is Charlene the anchor, she is terrible - too loud and her tone isn’t warm and friendly like Christine or someone like Brenda.

Today was just awkward as anything - don’t often watch it.

Jane didn’t explain her comments well but she really wasn’t given the opportunity. Shouldn’t everyone be able to give an opinion rather than just the woman of colour because it was about racism? Wasn’t Jane the royal correspondent for a paper - might be getting mistaken but she is probably more clued up with the working of the royal family than anyone, just like Charlene could give her views as a woman of colour like Megan. Today was just the Charlene show and it’s just took away from what could have been a discussion with 4 different women’s viewpoints!

Reactions: 7
Just my opinion of course but Jane’s little devil’s advocate game holds no weight against an actual black woman who will have experienced racism her whole life. The amount of white people trying explain racism to the people who actually have to live through it is quite sickening. Of course they weren’t commenting on Archie’s skin in the same way they would comment about his hair. How naive can you be? As a Jewish person, if someone tried to speculate how big my future children’s noses are going to be and I was told by a non-Jew that maybe there were no antisemitic undertones and it was just casual curiosity, I’d be disgusted. Listen to the people who actually experience racism.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think Charlene is the only one I can tolerate out of all of them cunts tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just my opinion of course but Jane’s little devil’s advocate game holds no weight against an actual black woman who will have experienced racism her whole life. The amount of white people trying explain racism to the people who actually have to live through it is quite sickening. Of course they weren’t commenting on Archie’s skin in the same way they would comment about his hair. How naive can you be? As a Jewish person, if someone tried to speculate how big my future children’s noses are going to be and I was told by a non-Jew that maybe there were no antisemitic undertones and it was just casual curiosity, I’d be disgusted. Listen to the people who actually experience racism.
I didn't watch it, but it feels (from comments here) that it was really unfair to just have one WOC to argue her whole point? I would be angry if I was her, if i was (i.e.) the only woman on an all male panel about mysoginy i would ahve reacted the same

Reactions: 5
Jo Swashs croaky voice that irrates me not so much what he says (I think he is funnyI like him) its how he speaks that irritates..
Like he has the sorest throat... like throat nodules...

Liz cundy Id like... I really liked her on that 50s women show....
She is a sweetheart
Up for some goss too!!!!
I liked Lizzie when she was on Talk Radio and giving the celeb gossip. I find her dress sense not to my taste, but I do think women should be able to wear what they like. I am a few years younger than her, but no way would I go out in what she wears..

Meghan is mixed race.

charlene is black.

I’m mixed race, Meghan doesn’t stand for my issues. She stands for herself.

I also think Charlene is disgruntled about different issues, maybe she faces racism in her news career. She sees Meghan as someone who could fight for racism, when I think Meghan has her own agenda here. She isn’t a crusader for black women and their issues.

maybe they should have had the black panel for this discussion- as they are keen not to have any balance it seems.

btw - I have faced racism too. I just dealt with it differently.

Why is Charlene the anchor, she is terrible - too loud and her tone isn’t warm and friendly like Christine or someone like Brenda.

Today was just awkward as anything - don’t often watch it.

Jane didn’t explain her comments well but she really wasn’t given the opportunity. Shouldn’t everyone be able to give an opinion rather than just the woman of colour because it was about racism? Wasn’t Jane the royal correspondent for a paper - might be getting mistaken but she is probably more clued up with the working of the royal family than anyone, just like Charlene could give her views as a woman of colour like Megan. Today was just the Charlene show and it’s just took away from what could have been a discussion with 4 different women’s viewpoints!
I prefer Ruth and Christine as anchors, just more warm and balanced. Although tbh, I don't watch it much these days; I think it has had it's day.

Reactions: 6
I didn't watch it, but it feels (from comments here) that it was really unfair to just have one WOC to argue her whole point? I would be angry if I was her, if i was (i.e.) the only woman on an all male panel about mysoginy i would ahve reacted the same
I only saw clips on twitter tbf but I agree. I think today would’ve been a monumental day to have an all-black panel, or at least all WOC. Charlene has experienced this first hand. People can disagree with her ‘shouting’ and ‘being aggressive’ (smells of micro-aggressions to me) but at the end of the day, her opinion is the only one I’m interested in. Same with GMB, Piers doing the usual and shouting over the black guests who disagree with him, his only retaliation was ‘this is awful for the queen!’ No, it’s awful for Meghan and if the queen didn’t want this to happen, she had all the power in the world to help them.

Reactions: 8
I only saw clips on twitter tbf but I agree. I think today would’ve been a monumental day to have an all-black panel, or at least all WOC. Charlene has experienced this first hand. People can disagree with her ‘shouting’ and ‘being aggressive’ (smells of micro-aggressions to me) but at the end of the day, her opinion is the only one I’m interested in. Same with GMB, Piers doing the usual and shouting over the black guests who disagree with him, his only retaliation was ‘this is awful for the queen!’ No, it’s awful for Meghan and if the queen didn’t want this to happen, she had all the power in the world to help them.
I avtuaully think what would have been good would be either half WOC or a white woman and the rest WOC just to see how white women (myself included) reacted, if that makes sense? I think that could have been very informative, for white women especially, i know I woudl have found this to be so. Instead it seems to have just been arguing which probably has not changed anyone's opinion/informaed anyone in a real way

I avtuaully think what would have been good would be either half WOC or a white woman and the rest WOC just to see how white women (myself included) reacted, if that makes sense? I think that could have been very informative, for white women especially, i know I woudl have foun
d this to be so. Instead it seems to have just been arguing which probably has not changed anyone's opinion/informaed anyone in a real way
As a white woman, I would like to be more educated. I am 50. I live in the UK, but not from the UK. I have never experienced racism here.

Reactions: 4
As a white woman, I would like to be more educated. I am 50. I live in the UK, but not from the UK. I have never experienced racism here.
yeah same, I have never experienced it either, I am mid 30s, I hope our education system regarding racism evolves more tbh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.