Loose Women - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I avtuaully think what would have been good would be either half WOC or a white woman and the rest WOC just to see how white women (myself included) reacted, if that makes sense? I think that could have been very informative, for white women especially, i know I woudl have found this to be so. Instead it seems to have just been arguing which probably has not changed anyone's opinion/informaed anyone in a real way
I'm white too and Jewish so have experienced discrimination that is very different to anti-black racism but discrimination nonetheless. I think having white women on the panel to discuss things like racism is good in hindsight and it something that we should be able to do, however, like demonstrated clearly today, these white women don't want to learn from the experiences of POC, they want to talk over them and suggest ridiculous hypothetical situations about Archie's hair colour to excuse the royal family's racism. I fear that journalists like Jane have further validated the opinions of those who think Meghan's is simply pulling the race card for sympathy and that this whole thing is made up. You'd think Meghan had accused the entire white race of being racist judging by some of the reactions and mental gymnastics used to excuse the RF of any comments made. I know that not all black people hold the same opinion and many will agree with the likes of Piers and Jane but I would much rather hear that from them than white people who don't know what they're talking about.

Reactions: 5
I'm white too and Jewish so have experienced discrimination that is very different to anti-black racism but discrimination nonetheless. I think having white women on the panel to discuss things like racism is good in hindsight and it something that we should be able to do, however, like demonstrated clearly today, these white women don't want to learn from the experiences of POC, they want to talk over them and suggest ridiculous hypothetical situations about Archie's hair colour to excuse the royal family's racism. I fear that journalists like Jane have further validated the opinions of those who think Meghan's is simply pulling the race card for sympathy and that this whole thing is made up. You'd think Meghan had accused the entire white race of being racist judging by some of the reactions and mental gymnastics used to excuse the RF of any comments made. I know that not all black people hold the same opinion and many will agree with the likes of Piers and Jane but I would much rather hear that from them than white people who don't know what they're talking about.
yeah that is true, I have no idea how tv shows/panels work tbh so I am probably a bit naive in that regard, I guess these kind of discussions really need to be guided by someone more informed (i.e. in something like a Question time format?) or they could have just brought in a better host. I think this is where the loos women format falls down tbh, it is fine them discussing soaps/actors/issues like covid that they are living, but for other things ....

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The segment was suppose to cover the whole interview bear in mind, not just the one part where there other moments that could also be talked about such as mental health, press treatment etc. That’s why they talked a little more about it after the ad as they went off on that awkward talking over each other rants. I agree though, they should of had maybe Brenda or/and Judi on the panel as well!

It was just not a nice watch today, will be interesting tomorrow to see how they go about it! And aside from Meghan and Harry, I do think Charlene needs to let others talk and just respect their opinion and not shoot it down almost every single episode that she does, it’s tiring! I guess it’s the new anchor background within her but it’s just a chat show about opinions really!

Reactions: 6
yeah that is true, I have no idea how tv shows/panels work tbh so I am probably a bit naive in that regard, I guess these kind of discussions really need to be guided by someone more informed (i.e. in something like a Question time format?) or they could have just brought in a better host. I think this is where the loos women format falls down tbh, it is fine them discussing soaps/actors/issues like covid that they are living, but for other things ....
It's definitely hard when the panelists are all famous for different things. Jane is an actual journalist who I think usually offers quite good insight (I've lost every ounce of respect for her now) whereas Stacey is famous for having a good voice on xfactor and then doing a few reality shows. I'm sure there are things Stacey could offer insight on that Jane or Janet couldn't. And this works for the topics you mentioned. While everyone should push themselves to get involved in uncomfortable conversations, having it played out on television doesn't really work when we can see that a lot of the panelists simply don't know what they're talking about.

Reactions: 5
It's definitely hard when the panelists are all famous for different things. Jane is an actual journalist who I think usually offers quite good insight (I've lost every ounce of respect for her now) whereas Stacey is famous for having a good voice on xfactor and then doing a few reality shows. I'm sure there are things Stacey could offer insight on that Jane or Janet couldn't. And this works for the topics you mentioned. While everyone should push themselves to get involved in uncomfortable conversations, having it played out on television doesn't really work when we can see that a lot of the panelists simply don't know what they're talking about.
yeah totally agree, I think (like I said) they (and obviously this is a totally different show from question time etc) but they don't have enough of a panel with knowledge to deal with serious issues.. I would almost prefer they do less serious things?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The segment was suppose to cover the whole interview bear in mind, not just the one part where there other moments that could also be talked about such as mental health, press treatment etc. That’s why they talked a little more about it after the ad as they went off on that awkward talking over each other rants. I agree though, they should of had maybe Brenda or/and Judi on the panel as well!

It was just not a nice watch today, will be interesting tomorrow to see how they go about it! And aside from Meghan and Harry, I do think Charlene needs to let others talk and just respect their opinion and not shoot it down almost every single episode that she does, it’s tiring! I guess it’s the new anchor background within her but it’s just a chat show about opinions really
!
Agree! Charlene turned the whole thing into the "skin colour" comment. She did not address any off the other comments they made. I had to switch off, and will do any time she is next on. Tbh, I generally only have it on in the background; as company when WFH and living on my own.

yeah totally agree, I think (like I said) they (and obviously this is a totally different show from question time etc) but they don't have enough of a panel with knowledge to deal with serious issues.. I would almost prefer they do less serious things?
I actually think I'd tune into LW (or an entirely different programme altogether) regularly if it was a regularly changing panel of intelligent, influential women of all ethnicities, religions, sexual orientation etc who talk and educate us about things that actually matter. At this point, if I wanted to know what people think about who should pay on the first date or gossip about Katie Price being engaged for the 50th time, I'd talk to my friends or come on here to actually get involved in the gossip myself but LW itself should stick to what they know😅

Sorry but I don’t think any of them have any redeeming features... this show needs to be axed ASAP

Sorry but I don’t think any of them have any redeeming features... this show needs to be axed ASAP
For a long time, I’ve said it needs a whole new panel rather than menopausal white women who seem to hate everything!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I actually think I'd tune into LW (or an entirely different programme altogether) regularly if it was a regularly changing panel of intelligent, influential women of all ethnicities, religions, sexual orientation etc who talk and educate us about things that actually matter. At this point, if I wanted to know what people think about who should pay on the first date or gossip about Katie Price being engaged for the 50th time, I'd talk to my friends or come on here to actually get involved in the gossip myself but LW itself should stick to what they know😅
true, there really is a market for this as people here have said

• Heart
Reactions: 3
true, there really is a market for this as people here have said
I have enjoyed the 'loose men' they have done, I think it should become a more regular occurrence as they address male issues and don't just gossip but its also enjoyable. I also enjoy when they have more diverse panels. I am also a big fan of Paris Fury, I'm sure she's not everyones bag but I find when she discusses her life growing up and when she got married and they lived in a caravan fascinating and a welcome change! Maybe some younger members as well who would discuss different topics.

Reactions: 3
Honestly can’t understand how people dislike Charlene, finally there’s someone on the panel with some actual facts and who wants to talk about serious stuff. They always do “hard-hitting” segments but none of them come prepared and just seem so ill-informed, it’s nice to see Charlene check the other ladies and raise the bar a little.

I’ve watched the show many times and some of the women really do just say completely inaccurate statements, and since shes joined, I’ve seen Charlene call a couple of those occasions out and it’s really nice to see.

The whole show should be binned but I do like Charlene a lot

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Does this mean she’ll have to quit loose women as her new series is on bbc?
Depends, given she has signed this BBC show deal, and hasn't said she will be leaving Loose Women, it's probable she can stay on Loose Women - she isn't a big name presenter tied to a golden handcuffs contract. And they aren't directly competing shows.

Reactions: 2
I think the real issue with loose women is its lost its autheticity.
Charlene seems real, true and the rest are not as authentic, seemingly clinging onto their roles trying to out do eachother...

It needs to be real... its lost that realness and the panel needs a few new faces...

I think the real issue with loose women is its lost its autheticity.
Charlene seems real, true and the rest are not as authentic, seemingly clinging onto their roles trying to out do eachother...

It needs to be real... its lost that realness and the panel needs a few new faces...
Charlene is great! I thought she was a breath of fresh air to the show and was really knowledgeable just wish she’d take it down a notch with shutting down peoples opinions which she doesn’t agree with that’s all, she just creates shouting matches when she does it and it’s uncomfortable to watch.

Reactions: 8
They have stuck Charlene into a discussion about Meghan and she is far too involved as a black woman. She is too biased and emotional.

this is uncomfortable.

she keeps shutting down the “whites”

Nothing is good enough for her
Exactly this. Which is why I don't watch anymore

Charlene is a terrible anchor is much better suited to itv news, I know on DS if I said this I'd be attacked and accused of racism but she's too serious and doesn't suit Loose Women.

Why not use Kelle or Brenda as anchors? They're more warm and both have a fun side as well as serious.
Brenda yes, like her but Kelle? No way

I really think they need to bin Coleen Nolan, Stacey Solomon, Nadia and Denise Welsh. They are truly awful. Christine, Ruth and Jane I like. All are proper journalists.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.