Loose Women - ITV

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd axe: Penny LS, Frankie, Stacey, Charlene & Paris. I'd keep Linda because she's car crash TV, she always messes up.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I would put Janet, carol and Jane on a lot more.

I don’t mind penny since she went on the beat.

Reactions: 2
i’m in my early 20s and back when loose women started it certainly tried to target my age group but it’s all just stuff for older people, mum’s and getting old and it’s just a bit lacklustre and repetitive, it would be so much more interesting with a couple of younger panellists instead of carol whining about god knows what

Reactions: 1
i’m in my early 20s and back when loose women started it certainly tried to target my age group but it’s all just stuff for older people, mum’s and getting old and it’s just a bit lacklustre and repetitive, it would be so much more interesting with a couple of younger panellists instead of carol whining about god knows what
I think ITV in general is going through an identity crisis. It's blatantly obvious that they favour your typical family, man, wife and two kids with endless family gameshows such as Family Fortunes, Mr & Mrs, Britain's Brightest Family etc, where as other channels such as Channel 4 are aimed more at young adults and students. ITV's format seems very dated nowadays IMO.

I think Loose Women is trying to appeal to a younger audience, more so than 10-15 years ago but it's getting it all wrong. Am I supposed to believe that someone intelligent like Jane Moore is a massive Love Island fan? I reckon the producers tell them to big up Love Island to appeal to the younger viewer. All of the younger Loose Women have been dreadful, Vicki Pattinson, Stacey Solomon, Frankie Bridge all just serve to be an annoyance.

She's not really earnt her crust but if they were to add more young panellists, I'd be interested to see Honey Ross (Jonathan Ross's daughter). But please, please not Scarlett Moffat.

Look, I'm old and I don't watch this garbage! One episode would be enough to send me to Geneva on a one-way ticket ;)

• Haha
It started 20 years ago when you were aged zero. It was always aimed at stay at home mums, and the older demographic. People who were around during the day. It was never aimed at early 20s which you say it tried to target when it was started. But times have moved on. Now that there are more shift workers and people working from home, it now needs to appeal to a much wider demographic who are now around during the day which includes men.

I think there should be three Loose Women per week, one Loose Men, and one mixed Loose with men and women. LW has become repetitive. It needed a shake up. Some of the panellists just repeat the same anecdotes. The topics are samey - all that body confidence stuff which they do to death.

It is a topical discussion show though, and it needs a certain amount of articulacy, which is why Linda struggles. A lot of younger celebs don’t have the wit or reason to hold their own on a panel like this. They tried with Vicki Patterson. Katie Price is middle aged now, but she was brought in to appeal to a younger demographic and was employed longer than she should have been because she drew in younger viewers, but she did not have much of interest to say. ITV’s younger talent pool is made up of Love Island and TOWIE types so it needs to cast its net wider to find savvy younger people that have an interest beyond lip fillers and self promotion. There needs to be a mixture of panellists to appeal to the wider demographic that is watching, but they must have the capacity to discuss all manner of issues.

Reactions: 5
Very well put @House of Tea

the other day they wheeled out jake quikenden again - how many times. He has no appeal as a panellist or guest or father. His trolling baby story is old. We don’t need to know how he is.

itv keep trying to keep love islanders relevant. The only thing that suits them is instagram
And all their endorsements. Keep these z listers there.

Linda, stacey and Frankie struggle with any serious issues.

judy brings so much light and much needed laughter to the panel. Compare how funny judy is (and she has life experience as a social worker) to how Colleen tries to be funny - only to be laughter AT.

Judi was a good signing. She is funny, quick witted, clever and her background as a social worker gives her lots of life experiences to draw on.

Reactions: 6
Very well put @House of Tea

the other day they wheeled out jake quikenden again - how many times. He has no appeal as a panellist or guest or father. His trolling baby story is old. We don’t need to know how he is.

itv keep trying to keep love islanders relevant. The only thing that suits them is instagram
And all their endorsements. Keep these z listers there.

Linda, stacey and Frankie struggle with any serious issues.

judy brings so much light and much needed laughter to the panel. Compare how funny judy is (and she has life experience as a social worker) to how Colleen tries to be funny - only to be laughter AT.
They rehash the same debates, often some naff relationship debate which has been done to death just titled differently. Judy is hilarious and often speaks sense amongst the humour. I used to not mind Linda but now wonder what she's doing there, she doesn't add anything.

ETA agree that the JQ trolling has had enough press space. Wasn't he on there before for the same thing?

Reactions: 3
I think they are fond of Linda, her role is now daft nana with baggy mouth. That has now got tired.

Reactions: 3
Linda has some disgusting habits. All these personas they are trying to create are now boring.

colleen isn’t funny.

Linda isn’t relatable and doesn’t want to understand anything serious.

stacey and her “I just come as I am” - isn’t appealing. Absolutely no thought applied to anything.

Reactions: 1
They rehash the same debates, often some naff relationship debate which has been done to death just titled differently. Judy is hilarious and often speaks sense amongst the humour. I used to not mind Linda but now wonder what she's doing there, she doesn't add anything.

ETA agree that the JQ trolling has had enough press space. Wasn't he on there before for the same thing?
I agree, I dont even watch that often but every time i see linda she seems to be explaining the same anecdotes about her ex

Colleen has started to strut on now she has been plant based for 5 mins. Sticks hand in pocket rather than scuttles on like she used to. All those young guys on dating apps contacting her have buoyed up her spirits for sure.

• Haha
Colleen has started to strut on now she has been plant based for 5 mins. Sticks hand in pocket rather than scuttles on like she used to. All those young guys on dating apps contacting her have buoyed up her spirits for sure.
Is she plant based like Nadia is "plant based" ... Or is she really trying? haven't watched for ages. Have seen Nadia saying a few times she is plant based but on her insta, egg&bacon, some kind of burger, fish & chips,. Mussels ..... 😂 I agree it is a hard choice, couldn't do it myself, but wouldn't say I was doing it as I would fail miserably ....

• Wow
Is she plant based like Nadia is "plant based" ... Or is she really trying? haven't watched for ages. Have seen Nadia saying a few times she is plant based but on her insta, egg&bacon, some kind of burger, fish & chips,. Mussels ..... 😂 I agree it is a hard choice, couldn't do it myself, but wouldn't say I was doing it as I would fail miserably ....
She is actually vegan as her daughter has taken over the cooking for them both. Must say she does look better for whatever she is doing. You can't believe a word that Nadia says, plant based my arse as Jim Royal would say.

She is actually vegan as her daughter has taken over the cooking for them both. Must say she does look better for whatever she is doing.
Good for her! Having someone do the cooking is a great help! A chef would be on my wishlist if I ever won the lottery😉

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.