Loose Women #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am like a broken record but I so much wish that they would get rid of that vile witch Nolan!!!

Reactions: 11
I don’t like Charlene, she has to have her voice heard over anyone else and plays the race card every time she’s on the show.
the atmosphere is different! its like there is a lot of walking on egg shells when Charlene is on

Reactions: 14
the atmosphere is different! its like there is a lot of walking on egg shells when Charlene is on
And Kelle.

But not Brenda and Judi. They bring their experiences and anecdotes as black women, share their culture, etc. But done in a way that is relevant and engaging, makes you interested, makes you think. Kelle and Charlene just alienate viewers and other panellists, it’s their superior attitude. If the other panellists spoke to them in the same condescending manner as they speak to their colleagues there would be ructions.

The point was valid but it was made so aggressively that that’s all you remembered. Janet dealt with it well. Why not put Janet at the helm? Far calmer.
Janet is not what I would describe as calm. She had a go at being anchor a few months back, as did Stacey. Stacey did better, that tells you how bad JSP was.

And Kelle.

But not Brenda and Judi. They bring their experiences and anecdotes as black women, share their culture, etc. But done in a way that is relevant and engaging, makes you interested, makes you think. Kelle and Charlene just alienate viewers and other panellists, it’s their superior attitude. If the other panellists spoke to them in the same condescending manner as they speak to their colleagues there would be ructions.

Janet is not what I would describe as calm. She had a go at being anchor a few months back, as did Stacey. Stacey did better, that tells you how bad JSP was.
I love Brenda Judi Kay and Ruth, I don't look or listen to anyone by their skin tone, accent, you mentioned Kelle, her facial expressions let her down when other panelists give their opinion and she doesn't like what they have to say, I know I get uncomfortable vibes from her when I see it

Reactions: 15
What is Charlene’s issue?

Is she trying to be controversial?
No, she sees herself as being in a place where she can make a difference. She is a high profile, successful black woman. A woman of authority, she reads the national news, she’s a journalist with a big CV, and now she is on a national chat format show, albeit it’s lightweight with the occasion forays into meatier subjects. She sees this as her platform to highlight issues important the black community. And she is right to take that opportunity - others talk about issues that are close to them after all. Denise with her mental health advice and issues, JSP often highlights the plight of the elderly (as does Gloria), Katie Piper is an advocate for people who have faced trauma etc. Some of them have nothing to highlight, they are just there for the £3K appearance fee and don’t contribute much (Linda essentially). However the condescending manner is a complete turn off. Even if you agree with her, the way she says it makes you disengage from what she is saying, and concentrate on the way it is delivered. So home goal scored there Charlene. She is not the right fit for the show. She is as stiff as a broom, with hard bristles at that.

Reactions: 22
It was incredibly uncomfortable watching today. Charlene was totally fair to raise the point she did but the way she did it and the way she argued after was incredibly patronising and the tone was not needed. And then afterwards she changed her tone to light and fluffy to move on it was so weird.

Reactions: 12
You can see the more articulate ones like Janet and Jane Moore biting their lips when Charlene starts her lecturing. She has changed the dynamic on the panel, but in an uncomfortable way.

Sunetra was on a programme with Sandi Tosvig this week. It is a programme where they visit amazing houses in different areas. Sunetra was this week’s guest. Sandi said she hadn’t met Sunetra before the programme but she was her new friend, a complete joy and you couldn’t stop smiling when you were around her. More Sunetra on the panel please.
I LOVE Sunextra, have done since Brookside! A few months ago, Charlene was giving it large about cultural appropriation and how white people shouldn‘t dress like black people, braid their hair etc. lovely sunetra pipes up “we love it when people embrace our culture and want to wear sari’s, we take it as a huge compliment“!

Is Charlene black? I would never have known!
Luckily her and Kelle tell us every episode, otherwise we’d never know!

Reactions: 15
I LOVE Sunextra, have done since Brookside! A few months ago, Charlene was giving it large about cultural appropriation and how white people shouldn‘t dress like black people, braid their hair etc. lovely sunetra pipes up “we love it when people embrace our culture and want to wear sari’s, we take it as a huge compliment“!
I saw that. The contrast couldn’t have been clearer.

I wonder what Charlene thinks of black women with straight blonde hair. Does she judge them with the same condescension? Do they get labeled as cultural thiefs?

Wear what you like. When you like. There are enough bleeping rules in life without some random dictating what you can and can’t wear.

Reactions: 18
That’s a good point. You don’t see charlene discussing black on black issues.

It’s not right that she gets gear position (and probably higher fees) and gets to behave like she does. Imagine her as a colleague.

Reactions: 7
And Kéllé was talking about how she hates cultural appropriation, yet she has her hair straight and blonde like a white woman!

Reactions: 12
And Kéllé was talking about how she hates cultural appropriation, yet she has her hair straight and blonde like a white woman!
I thought she had dark hair, I don’t see the blonde. I try not to look at her. She looks so sour all the time. I wish she would lighten her attitude, not her hair. I used to think the Benet girls in Eternal were mean girls. Now I realise Kelle is Hard Work and a pita to have around.

Reactions: 4
I thought she had dark hair, I don’t see the blonde. I try not to look at her. She looks so sour all the time. I wish she would lighten her attitude, not her hair. I used to think the Benet girls in Eternal were mean girls. Now I realise Kelle is Hard Work and a pita to have around.
Poor Louise Nurding having to put up with the Benet girls and Kéllé. No wonder she got out of the band so quickly. I've heard many people say the Benet girls are awful. I wish Kéllé would stick to Hollyoaks as she is much more likeable when she pretends to be someone else.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Do you think they read here?

I doubt it as Linda is still saying “aaause” instead of house.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you think they read here?

I doubt it as Linda is still saying “aaause” instead of house.
I would imagine the production team do. Free research. The media love this site. It’s a huge, free resource. And most of the posters have better writing skills than some of the dross written on the Daily Mail website.

Reactions: 13
I don't see tons of LW but did see the clip where Linda claimed she doesn't keep up with the news. What? Why is she on a chat show then? They'll inevitably talk about current affairs. Might not be a primetime politics show but still.

Do ITV not warn guests not to swear before they appear on then show? He didn't even say it on the spur of the moment/under stress. He was so relaxed and calm when he said it. I'm glad Linda pulled him up on it.

I switched it off before Lambert came on. I am guessing it was he who swore.

Linda needs to be rested whilst Ukraine situation is happening.

I think Christine Lampard will have help at home. If not a nanny, a housekeeper. She was saying how hard it is, two kids at home ill. Sure it is if the mum has to work full time, and the two kids are sharing a poky bedroom. She’s nice, but lives in a rarified way because of the vast wealth of her OH. She is unrelatable. She was trying to be empathetic but really she doesn’t have a clue.

Reactions: 8
I switched it off before Lambert came on. I am guessing it was he who swore.

Linda needs to be rested whilst Ukraine situation is happening.

I think Christine Lampard will have help at home. If not a nanny, a housekeeper. She was saying how hard it is, two kids at home ill. Sure it is if the mum has to work full time, and the two kids are sharing a poky bedroom. She’s nice, but lives in a rarified way because of the vast wealth of her OH. She is unrelatable. She was trying to be empathetic but really she doesn’t have a clue.
Yes, Adam Lambert blatantly swore, there was no need for it. Christine barely mumbled an apology.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.