Loose Women #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t like Charlene, she has to have her voice heard over anyone else and plays the race card every time she’s on the show.

Reactions: 19
Don't normally like Janet but think she took on Charlene brilliantly there 👏

Reactions: 13
I really dislike Charlene. She acts so superior and agree, it's always 'as a black woman...as a black woman'. As if we can't see.

Reactions: 21
Not Coleen Nolan defending Matt Hancock with we’ve all done things and made mistakes 🥴

Reactions: 4
I am not a fan of Charlene, too Head Girl for me. When she started to speak about black and Asian people in relation to Ukraine I did a massive eye roll. But when she explained that black people could not get through borders in Eastern Europe, they are holding up no blacks signs, that is something that needs highlighting. I didn’t know this was happening, I know that Eastern European have long problems with racism against black people, but surely humanity would absolutely prevail in a war situation. Wartime is a confusing time, but denying people sanctuary at a border because of their skin colour is absolutely abhorrent at any time, but during this conflict even more so because going through Eastern European countries is the only way out and and this does need highlighting.

Reactions: 12
Yes, I agree it needs highlighting but it's her manner, her tone, her whole attitude.

Reactions: 22
I think she makes some important points but they got lost in her delivery of them as you just switch off.

Reactions: 11
You can see the more articulate ones like Janet and Jane Moore biting their lips when Charlene starts her lecturing. She has changed the dynamic on the panel, but in an uncomfortable way.

Sunetra was on a programme with Sandi Tosvig this week. It is a programme where they visit amazing houses in different areas. Sunetra was this week’s guest. Sandi said she hadn’t met Sunetra before the programme but she was her new friend, a complete joy and you couldn’t stop smiling when you were around her. More Sunetra on the panel please.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Charlene went into aggressive mode today. She had a valid point but the way she patronised janet (for not being black and therefore stupid) was unfortunate.

If anyone else behaved like this they would be cautioned yet she does it regularly. Her issue is that she thinks as a black woman her opinion is more valid than that of a white woman. Yes - it is a valid point of view but you cannot discount Janet pov because she is white “, otherwise why discuss it?

Her tone was lecturing, emotional and one sided. She shouldn’t anchor on race issues as she cannot take in other views.

Colleen looked uncomfortable and out of depth.

Reactions: 17
I am not a fan of Charlene, too Head Girl for me. When she started to speak about black and Asian people in relation to Ukraine I did a massive eye roll. But when she explained that black people could not get through borders in Eastern Europe, they are holding up no blacks signs, that is something that needs highlighting. I didn’t know this was happening, I know that Eastern European have long problems with racism against black people, but surely humanity would absolutely prevail in a war situation. Wartime is a confusing time, but denying people sanctuary at a border because of their skin colour is absolutely abhorrent at any time, but during this conflict even more so because going through Eastern European countries is the only way out and and this does need highlighting.
I think it must be difficult to maintain calm in that situation though, I know I would if this was so personal. Janet's reply to her was ridiculous imo. Most people don't know about the racism that is present in some East European countries and the documentary she mentioned was random, as if everyone watches things like that

Reactions: 2
Charlene is painful to listen to….absolutely everything has to be brought back to her ‘being a black woman.’ She was so patronising the way she spoke to Janet.

Reactions: 13
I’m surprised charlene isn’t called up on her bad attitude. If anyone spoke to her like that they would be at a tribunal. It isn’t fair.

Reactions: 10
I’m surprised charlene isn’t called up on her bad attitude. If anyone spoke to her like that they would be at a tribunal. It isn’t fair.
They're too scared to be labelled racist so don't say anything.

Reactions: 12
The people in a tribunal should be those holding up "no blacks" signs not letting people escape a war zone imo (and i say this as a white woman)

Reactions: 2
The thing is, her points were valid. It is crazy that even in times of war black people are being discriminated against and not being given safe refuge and for Janet to pretend that it is common knowledge is nonsense as it is not being widely reported on. Charlene’s attitude however is rude and it doesn’t have the effect that she thinks it does. All it does is make people switch off. She makes it all about her and takes over and no one else can get a word in. Katie and Colleen didn’t even get a chance to give their opinion on it.

Reactions: 18
The point was valid but it was made so aggressively that that’s all you remembered. Janet dealt with it well. Why not put Janet at the helm? Far calmer.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.