Loose Women #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, she did. She takes herself seriously as a credible journalist, and to have the cockney gal washing her armpits in her eyeline was probably a bit too much. A bit too much for anybody. I am all for keeping it real but Linda is just too “earthy” I think for daytime telly.

Reactions: 2
also both Linda and Gloria complaining about the rpice of a holiday atm with testing etc. Having a holiday to greece is hardly a human right :rolleyes:
That's really irritated me. Linda is so ignorant. If you can't afford the changes that may come into play if you choose to go on holiday during a pandemic. Don't go on holiday. Bloody simple!

Reactions: 7
That's really irritated me. Linda is so ignorant. If you can't afford the changes that may come into play if you choose to go on holiday during a pandemic. Don't go on holiday. Bloody simple!
yeh exactly, I andd most other people i know haven't gone abroad in almost2 years at this point

Reactions: 4
Gloria has another house in France. To go with her lavish house here. If I had her house here, the one with the huge veranda, I don’t think I would bother taking a holiday!

Reactions: 3
Surely Gloria should be retired by now? Why is she still even relevant?
She is not my favourite person but just because you get old does not mean you are not relevant. That is such a cruel, throwaway line. Everybody is relevant. She isn’t in a profession where you retire. She gets on my nerves, she has this entitled attitude, like Penny, but ageing women make up a big demographic in this country, so why shouldn’t women the same age as her see themselves reflected back at them on the screen? She is 81. She looks good, she is articulate, intelligent and is on top of current affairs in a way that most younger panel members aren’t. Even if you don’t agree with her I would rather listen to her than some Love Island reject. Janet SP is about 10 years younger than GH. Tell her she is not relevant.

LW are trying to mix the panel up so that all demographics are represented (even men get a look in!). If it is only right and proper that BAME representatives get featured, why shouldn’t women of Gloria’s age? They are still engaged, have something to say. Casual agesism is just as unacceptable as any other ism. I say get more seasoned women in - Baroness Floella Benjamen (an older BAME perspective would be really interesting), Prue Leith ( she’s had a fascinating life), Joan Bakewell.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s not Gloria’s age - Janet is far more engaging & I look forward to her.

gloria is repetitive and it’s always “in my day” - Janet would never use words like that. Gloria cannot keep up with the format of the show. She talks “long”. She doesn’t keep to her segment & always says “let me finish”. She wants more airtime for each point.

also she brings her deceased daughter into every conversation.

she is extremely boring.

im
Not sure an old person would relate to her in any way as it’s always showbiz name dropping (my mate Elton John…). Yawn.

Reactions: 5

gloria is repetitive and it’s always “in my day” - Janet would never use words like that. Gloria cannot keep up with the format of the show. She talks “long”. She doesn’t keep to her segment & always says “let me finish”. She wants more airtime for each point.

she is extremely boring.

im
Not sure an old person would relate to her in any way as it’s always showbiz name dropping (my mate Elton John…). Yawn.
I agree, it isn't her age, she just doesn't really have anything to add imo (ditto Stacey and Linda) her talking about the hooiday/quarantine issue... just pointless imo, we can all google to see how it is, she didn;t even add any personal experience about it. tomorrow is the last time I will be able to watch as I have to go back to the office, I am hoping the panel is not as bad as today!!

Reactions: 2

she is extremely boring.

im
Her pal is Cliff, Janet’s is Elton! She does bring her daughter up a lot. I guess losing a child is a defining moment in a woman’s life whatever her age. I do cringe when she says something about Caron, but I do think I am being mean. I suppose it is her way of keeping the memory of her daughter alive. Caron would have made a good LW.

She does try and get more airtime. She used to have her own shows, she is used to being the anchor, she forgets she is part of a panel. I would prefer to listen to her than Linda. I don’t think she is boring. I think elderly viewers would relate to her more than they would to someone like Penny.

She is not my favourite person but just because you get old does not mean you are not relevant. That is such a cruel, throwaway line. Everybody is relevant. She isn’t in a profession where you retire. She gets on my nerves, she has this entitled attitude, like Penny, but ageing women make up a big demographic in this country, so why shouldn’t women the same age as her see themselves reflected back at them on the screen? She is 81. She looks good, she is articulate, intelligent and is on top of current affairs in a way that most younger panel members aren’t. Even if you don’t agree with her I would rather listen to her than some Love Island reject. Janet SP is about 10 years younger than GH. Tell her she is not relevant.

LW are trying to mix the panel up so that all demographics are represented (even men get a look in!). If it is only right and proper that BAME representatives get featured, why shouldn’t women of Gloria’s age? They are still engaged, have something to say. Casual agesism is just as unacceptable as any other ism. I say get more seasoned women in - Baroness Floella Benjamen (an older BAME perspective would be really interesting), Prue Leith ( she’s had a fascinating life), Joan Bakewell.
I wasn't saying she isn't relevant because of her age. I was meaning in general. As others have said....she's out of touch and talks about the same things over & over. If I was 81 I would dam well be enjoying my retirement....it's not like she needs the money.
In fact there's quite a few of them that aren't really relevant. Haven't lots of us said they should get rid of x, y & z? As for Janet I find her interesting & funny but not Gloria.

I wasn't saying she isn't relevant because of her age. I was meaning in general. As others have said....she's out of touch and talks about the same things over & over. If I was 81 I would dam well be enjoying my retirement....it's not like she needs the money.
In fact there's quite a few of them that aren't really relevant. Haven't lots of us said they should get rid of x, y & z? As for Janet I find her interesting & funny but not Gloria.
Her appearing on tv is a different proposition to the average job, she still enjoys broadcasting. It’s not like she has to turn up to do a shift at the factory. She is semi retired I would say. I don’t like the phrase, not relevant, whatever age the person. It is dismissive. Everybody is relevant. Different panellists appeal to different viewers. I don’t like Linda or Kelle, but I would not describe them as not relevant.

Do you think they read here?
Yes, I do! Free market research. Hello LW production team.

• Haha
I find gloria patronising and desperate to hog.

she has to stand her ground to be heard.

I think it’s partly ego - she has the money & lifestyle and 12 grandkids. She hasn’t retired because she is as much a narcissist as the love island lot. Addicted to fame.

same with Linda - birds of a feather the return wasn’t so great. She may not have the same amount of £££ as gloria but she is also desperately clinging on.

Yes, Kelle and Charlene have unclenched a bit.

Colleen’s new teeth has slightly altered her speech.

Tomorrow’s panel - Kaye, Colleen, Janet and Brenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Tomorrow’s panel has changed from what they announced yesterday - Kaye, Janet, Gloria and Linda. A pensioners special!

• Haha
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.