Loneliness

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel lonely even when I'm with other people and all I want to do is cry but I try to be strong. Feeling lonely is something I've battled with for years but I just feel like I can't handle this emptiness in my life even if I am surrounded by others. I try to reach out to friends and I often feel like I'm a burden or my messages will get ignored. It is difficult to make friends as an adult. I just feel very isolated and more so since my ex broke up with me. I think that might be making it worse but this emptiness and loneliness has been there for a long time.

Thank you for reading my post. 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel lonely even when I'm with other people and all I want to do is cry but I try to be strong. Feeling lonely is something I've battled with for years but I just feel like I can't handle this emptiness in my life even if I am surrounded by others. I try to reach out to friends and I often feel like I'm a burden or my messages will get ignored. It is difficult to make friends as an adult. I just feel very isolated and more so since my ex broke up with me. I think that might be making it worse but this emptiness and loneliness has been there for a long time.

The emptiness you mention sounds a lot like depression. Have you spoken to anyone about it xxxx ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hey all i hope its okay me posting here but i am lonely too since ive lost my partner things have been so bad.i get treated like dirt by my kids my youngest son is the most amazing person ever its my daughters that's the problem. Im agoraphobic and suffer anxiety and the day my partner died was the day every single thing changed i have a family that hates me and as for friends here i have no one they live in different countries but its not the same i have no help and no one to rely on and i hate it. I have no one to talk to 😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Hey @Fancyfeathers please post. If this thread is at least a little bit helpful, it’s a good thing. So sorry to hear you’ve lost your partner and life is incredibly difficult. My heart goes out to you ❤

Reactions: 1
It’s difficult if you don’t have kids too I find. Mine have left home and I’m constantly left out of my friendship groups as I’m an empty nester. It is tough to know how to break into groups otherwise.
Yeah I agree with this. My friends seem to have made new friends either through having kids and meeting through baby groups, or through work. I don’t have kids and whilst most of the people I work with are nice enough, it’s not the sort of company where people make friends that they see outside of work.

• Heart

Hey :) I’m so sorry you’re feeling the way you do. I wanted to let you know though that it does get better. I always used to say to my mum the exact same thing about feeling alone when I was surrounded by my friends. I’d describe almost an out of body experience of me looking down at the table and seeing myself go through the motions of being present and laughing at jokes, but I wasn’t there really. After seeking some medical help, I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression and, since getting some help and figuring a few things out, I’ve been much happier. If you feel you can, pop your doctor a call and see if they can set you up with a time to chat things through with them. They should be able to help you in some way, be that counselling, medication or something else. Sending lots of love x

• Heart
A couple of years ago, I moved 4 hours away from my friends and family to be with my bf. The time has now come for us to buy a house. I have tried my best to meet new friends but the friendships have never lasted. I feel lonely especially if my bf works away or is out with his friends. when we do have children one day I feel I will be even more isolated and excluded. Do we make the move and go back to my home town?

• Sad
  • Heart
I'm feeling more lonely than usual at the moment. Invited a friend of mine around last weekend, she's living with her ex and didn't want to be there with him. She was up for coming over for the day/night and then didn't hear anything, she ended up going out for the day with him.
It's my birthday tomorrow, no plans to do anything 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm feeling more lonely than usual at the moment. Invited a friend of mine around last weekend, she's living with her ex and didn't want to be there with him. She was up for coming over for the day/night and then didn't hear anything, she ended up going out for the day with him.
Happy birthday 🎈
I'm sorry that you are feeling this way, and I hope that you still manage to enjoy your day today. Maybe have a self-care day, and do all the things that make you feel good, go for a walk, make yourself a nice meal. Are there any other friends that you can reach out to? Maybe someone you haven't spoken to in a while? I'm here if you need someone to talk to x

• Heart
Happy Birthday. I hope, despite everything that you still manage to have a good day. Try marking the day by being kind to yourself and spoil yourself. Sending you big hugs for a good day 💕

• Heart
Just wanted to say happy birthday! 👑🎈

• Heart
Happy birthday 🥳 hope you have a lovely day whatever you’re doing 💕

• Heart
Happy birthday ❤ I know how lonely it can be to not have plans with others for your birthday but I hope you can do one kind thing for yourself today. xxx

• Heart
Ahh thanks everyone. Dad made other arrangements so is coming over next week now and my mum was out so I went to the beach and read some of my book before picking the kids up from school

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ahh thanks everyone. Dad made other arrangements so is coming over next week now and my mum was out so I went to the beach and read some of my book before picking the kids up from school
That's a beautiful photo and I'm glad you were able to enjoy the view whilst reading some of your book. I hope you're getting on ok today. You've been in my thoughts so I'm glad you have posted. x

Hi guys, sorry don't want to look like an attention seeking whinger but I didn't have anywhere else to turn.. I posted on here the other day about feeling really lonely as I've just moved almost 2 hours away to live with my boyfriend and didn't have any friends and was struggling to get a job whereas my partner works full time and has a really nice group of friends. Anyway, we had a bit of a drunken row the other night and ended up saying some nasty stuff and splitting up. I went back to 'our home' and thought it'll be okay in the morning etc but he didn't come back and won't respond to me at all and all he has said is that he wants me to move out because its over. Obviously I'm absolutely gutted and so hurt by the lack he care, I'm pouring my heart out just to be ignored or laughed at, just embarrassing really. We've only been together just under a year and this was our first big argument but I'm just speechless to find out I genuinely mean so little to him that he won't even come home or answer me. During this argument he admitted he's been on dating apps this whole time too. I'm stuck here until Monday as nobody can come and get me until then (I don't drive). I genuinely just feel the lowest I've ever been and I'm completely alone with nobody to really confide in, I've reached out to the few friends I've got and as nice as they've all been I just feel irritating going on and on about it. Anyway.. sorry to be soppy bollocks, I'm trying to pass time with crappy tv and tattle threads until it hurts a little bit less. I can't settle, I just feel completely restless and can't even sleep waiting for a reply, for him to come home, wondering what he's doing. I just feel embarrassed, I really thought he was the one and I gave my whole life up for him just to be back at the beginning moving back into my parents house at my age... thanks for the laughs anyway and this platform where I can post this without feeling judged or embarrassed... lots of love xx
I just wanted to add an update onto this nearly a month later. This is for anyone needing strength or optimism right now. A month ago I felt broken, I was lying in bed crying, not eating, not washing my hair, just waiting for my boyfriend to come back to me. He'd dumped me out of nowhere after a stupid small row when we were drunk. I'd given my life up to move in with him and had no job or friends where he lived and felt so alone. When the breakup happened, I felt so embarrassed ringing my parents up saying I needed to come home again. They told me originally it wasn't the best idea moving in with someone I hadn't known for that long and I was ready for the 'we told you so' and 'why didn't you listen'. Instead, my parents arrived and greeted me with the biggest hug and told me everything was going to be okay. It was so strange being home at first but the change of scenery did me good and gave me the motivation to turn my unhappiness around. Within a few days of coming home, I had found a job at my local doctors surgery and I spend the days laughing with my colleagues and chatting to patients. I plan to buy a car when I get paid and keep working towards my driving and on myself. I reached out to a few old friends who welcomed me back with open arms, I went out for drinks with them and bumped into many people I know and received some 'I heard you're back, let's meet up messages'. My evenings and weekends quickly became filled with walks in the park, far too many cocktails and laughing over old memories. I thought moving in with him was the best thing I ever did but in reality, I was just isolated and so unhappy. Just a month later and it feels like a distant memory being in that house waiting for a text, feeling so restless that I couldn't even focus on a TV show and sobbing so hard in the middle of the night that I probably woke the neighbours up. Naturally, he realised he'd made a massive error and came running back admitting how much he f*cked up but he came back too late, I was already too strong, too happy and over his bullsh*t. I had a better life and didn't trust him not to leave again. No matter what you're going through, everything gets better eventually and one day you'll be laughing so hard and you'll think to yourself 'this is great'. This is your sign to put yourself first, be selfish and pick happiness everytime time. Raise a glass to many more laughs and realising you're too good for a mans bullshit!!!! xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I love the idea of this thread!
Does anyone have any advice on dealing with loneliness when living alone?

I’ve just bought my first house on my own and should be moving in the next couple of months. I left my ex husband almost 3 years ago. It wasn’t a nice relationship and I was very isolated even then. The few friends I have, have kids or families of their own and don’t always have the time or want me tagging along. I’m also pretty shy and struggle to talk to new people.