LMD Louise McDonnell #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet LMD on about going back to work with a 2 week old baby and Hollie on about that she feels ready to workout or go to the gym with a 2 week old baby, are the two of them for real? 🤯
People on the Hollie thread saying her and the man have split. Apparently they're both "single" on Facebook and he's flat out liking girls pics. Part of me feels that if that's true then she's putting on a front about how wonderfully everything is going. Getting up in the night to feed a newborn is hard enough when you can take turns, very hard doing it all yourself.

Reactions: 10
While I can appreciate giving birth like that must have been awful for her and absolutely terrifying and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, I don’t really see what’s ‘unfair’ about it? I don’t necessarily agree with the rules on this but at least in the hospitals etc it’s been the same rule for everyone? It comes across like she thought because of who she is she’d find a way around the rules? Maybe I’m wrong but that’s how I’ve taken it up. The false positive is frustrating and upsetting for her but I’d have been told the exact same thing she was and at least she could have her cousin there and had a lovely healthy wee baby.

Reactions: 8
I was very emotional watching her birth story, poor girl having that stress on top of the fear of being in labour. While crap that Covid took this away from her. She birthed a gorgeous wee girl. Not a fan of the name but each to their own.

Reactions: 2
I kinda get the impression because she had paid for private services and her consultant was going to be there that this wouldn’t happen to her. What she doesn’t realise is covid is covid. I’m not saying it wasn’t terrible what happened, but she has a very naive way of getting on. Even talking about going and getting 2 more covid tests... when she would have been told to stay at home and isolate. I suppose that’s what happens when you haven’t listened to the rules from day one and have always done what suits yourself

Reactions: 14
I kinda get the impression because she had paid for private services and her consultant was going to be there that this wouldn’t happen to her. What she doesn’t realise is covid is covid. I’m not saying it wasn’t terrible what happened, but she has a very naive way of getting on. Even talking about going and getting 2 more covid tests... when she would have been told to stay at home and isolate. I suppose that’s what happens when you haven’t listened to the rules from day one and have always done what suits yourself
This 👏🏻

Reactions: 5
I was very emotional watching her birth story, poor girl having that stress on top of the fear of being in labour. While crap that Covid took this away from her. She birthed a gorgeous wee girl. Not a fan of the name but each to their own.
But she hasn’t cared about COVID all along and hasn’t cared about her actions throughout it all and the implications they’d have on others! She hasn’t cared that people have had to die alone, women have had to give birth on their own etc. So she gets zero sympathy from me! Wouldn’t wish it on anyone, and glad her and baby are both ok, but again, she hasn’t cared from day one and like I said earlier, karma is a witch and Louise has now been bit by her!

I wouldn’t say it’s a naive way of thinking, I’d say it’s a more “do you know who I am” way of thinking and delusions of grandeur thinking she’s above everyone and everything!

Reactions: 10
There was a segment on BBC newsline earlier on in the pandemic about women who had to give birth alone in the most heartbreaking situations like stillbirth or another lady who was in a coma with covid and woke up weeks later to twins which were delivered by csection while she was still in a coma. I understand it was tit that the child's father had to watch on facetime but she had her cousin with her and she and her baby are healthy. Can imagine what the hospital staff had to listen to 🙈

Reactions: 12
I wouldn’t wish giving birth alone on anyone but it’s people like her who pretended covid doesn’t exist and didn’t follow a single rule is the reason she ended up in that position. It could be likely she was at the tail end of a having covid rather than a false positive.

I feel like a dick for saying it but it’s a little taste of karma and a bit of reality of what the world has had to deal with over the past year while she blatantly ignored the rules.

If the worst thing to happen to her over the pandemic is giving birth to a beautiful, healthy baby with her cousin instead of her boyfriend, then she’s an extremely lucky girl in the grand scheme of things.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Post natal medical advice there it always passes. No Louise it doesn’t for everyone which is why people struggling should seek medical advice not blogger advice.

Reactions: 5
Did he test positive the first time with her I wonder? And that's why he wasn't let in (increased exposure risk?)
He must have tested positive first aswell as she says at the end that he had one negative and she had 3... would make me think he was positive first time too!

Reactions: 3
So if they both tested positive on the first test what makes her think they didn't actually have covid at that time? 🤔 I know she said she got another test at junction one but sure you do those tests on yourself don't you? Maybe she didn't do it properly and that's why it was negative?

Reactions: 7
Whilst I did feel sorry for her watching her tell her birth story, I absolutely agree she reaped what she sewed. If I was in her position, about to give birth knowing the consequences of catching covid, my partner and I would have cocooned for at least 2 weeks before my due date. She took the chance, lost the bet and will have to live with that forever. It’s absolutely nobodies fault but her own.

Reactions: 13
I think she's being a bit over the top about it! She wasn't there alone, she had her cousin!

At the end of the day she had a positive test! Just because they didn't have any symptoms doesn't mean they didn't have covid and precautions need to be taken! Why should the people working in the hospital put themselves at risk of catching covid just so her partner can be there!

If she had of been extra careful and been isolating before the birth or something I'd have more sympathy for her 🙄

Reactions: 11
I think she's being a bit over the top about it! She wasn't there alone, she had her cousin!

At the end of the day she had a positive test! Just because they didn't have any symptoms doesn't mean they didn't have covid and precautions need to be taken! Why should the people working in the hospital put themselves at risk of catching covid just so her partner can be there!

If she had of been extra careful and been isolating before the birth or something I'd have more sympathy for her 🙄
How many pregnant women have had to go through labour all alone and not 1 fuss being made she really is making little of our valued midwives nurses auxiliaries and doctors and I hate to criticise but she really should have been more careful and to say no trust in testing she can feel free to do a day volunteering In icu or a covid ward god forbid we ever get another wave

She will be milking the birth story now for content and sympathy.

I felt like messaging her and saying and what about sick people that have had to pass away on their own in hospital with no family there beside them. And there families feeling so helpless not being allowed to be there 😔 you brought a new healthy life into this world louise, be happy about it and focus on that

Post natal medical advice there it always passes. No Louise it doesn’t for everyone which is why people struggling should seek medical advice not blogger advice.
Awk now come on...... she’s an expert now she’s had a baby!! She knows it all. Better informed than midwives, doctors, nurses, health visitor!!

Whilst I did feel sorry for her watching her tell her birth story, I absolutely agree she reaped what she sewed. If I was in her position, about to give birth knowing the consequences of catching covid, my partner and I would have cocooned for at least 2 weeks before my due date. She took the chance, lost the bet and will have to live with that forever. It’s absolutely nobodies fault but her own.
My friend had a baby in the last year. She never left the house from when COVID arrived here. The first she left was when the baby was about 8 weeks old and even at that, she was petrified of bringing COVID into the house to her vulnerable little baby. She allowed no visitors near the house prior to the birth and her hubby only left the house to pick up click and collect orders. She said it was very tough, but it was the sacrifice she made to ensure she was healthy, baby was healthy and that her hubby could be there for the birth and the 1 hour visit he was allowed after the birth! It’s the sacrifice that’s to be made and that people are making!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.