LL off topic #12 The Wrong Fellas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Well, after all the Vinted excitement (any more sightings @Liverbird2003 ?) I had my 12 week scan today, both babies are looking good, fraternal twins, due date 1st Dec but they will most likely deliver at 37 weeks ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Aw amazing!!! 🩷🩷 Why would they be delivered at 37 weeks? You don't have to answer I'm just being nosy!!!
I think they tend to deliver (c section or induce) twins earlier as the risk is higher. @Liverbird2003 can probably tell us more?

My friend has identical twins and they were delivered at 36 weeks, no other problems in pregnancy, just what our trust do I think :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Can’t believe it’s 12 weeks already! So happy for you and your cousin! X
I was due to have my scan next Monday at 12+1 but they called yesterday to say they needed to change it and could I go in today (I’m 11+2) so not quite 12 weeks yet but nearly there. It feels like it’s flown and also dragged 😂

• Heart
My colleague had fraternal twins and went overdue. She had them at 41 weeks 😅 she was ginormous and had loads of extra monitoring though. She also went in to labour naturally but ended up having an emergency csection after a long labour.
I know identical twins have much higher risks though. SIL was planned for a csection at 37 weeks with identical twins but ended up going in to labour at 36+6 😅 and with yours being IVF babies they definitely won’t let you go overdue!

It’s so exciting!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
41 weeks 😱😱 was it her choice to keep going?? Gosh I can’t imagine how uncomfortable she must have been!

• Heart
I think they tend to deliver (c section or induce) twins earlier as the risk is higher. @Liverbird2003 can probably tell us more?

My friend has identical twins and they were delivered at 36 weeks, no other problems in pregnancy, just what our trust do I think :)
Twins are higher risk so they tend to induce early, unless the mother declined and wants to go into labour naturally.
Paternal twins are even high risk so can be induced even earlier.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
41 weeks 😱😱 was it her choice to keep going?? Gosh I can’t imagine how uncomfortable she must have been!
Yeah I think she declined any kind of induction etc she just had loads of extra monitoring to keep checking the placentas etc. Obviously they’re much lower risk (but still high risk) because they don’t share placentas or sacks etc.
SIL’s were sharing everything so she had weekly scans from really early on and had to have some kind of laser procedure a couple of times to stop twin to twin transfusion syndrome. She had an absolute nightmare labour. Definitely take the csection 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yeah I think she declined any kind of induction etc she just had loads of extra monitoring to keep checking the placentas etc. Obviously they’re much lower risk (but still high risk) because they don’t share placentas or sacks etc.
SIL’s were sharing everything so she had weekly scans from really early on and had to have some kind of laser procedure a couple of times to stop twin to twin transfusion syndrome. She had an absolute nightmare labour. Definitely take the csection 😂
Oh wow that’s quite uncommon to share both isn’t it? How scary for her, I bet she was glad when they were here safely

• Heart
Wow that was a wild ride to catch up on!
I’ve often wondered what happened to doc mum, waving hello doc mum and good to hear from you! We’d love to have you back if you do ever feel like joining again with a different name!

Such a worry with our @DellaC, I thought she must be back when I had 3 pages to catch up on. I wish there was a way she could let us know she’s ok.

Wonderful news @odetotheseaweed! I’m off to google what fraternal twins are 😂 xx

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thank you 🥰 it’s mine and Mr R’s anniversary today too so a double celebration.

Just been for baby R’s one week check and he’s only 20g off his birth weight now and his jaundice has completely gone - it was only mild anyway but still good that it’s gone 😁 so proud of him!

• Heart
Reactions: 9