Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Save the taxpayers some £££ & make space for the next person with a God complex 😔

I'm trying out different products & potions. Rice water rinse.... it's a waste of rice granted but I feel my curls we quite defined when I tried it.
Plopping (wrapping hair in a t-shirt turban to absorb excess water)
Scrunching & fixing the curls in whilst hair is wet/damp.
I've been leaving it to air dry but I need to start defuse drying it.
Today I bought some spray & I hope to get a shampoo & conditioner if I can get to the shops in time tomorrow.
We'll see how it goes..might be just a summer thing!
It's fun messing around and trialing stuff though, even if it ends up just being a summer thing 🩷 The one thing I have learnt from my daughter's hair is that anything with coconut in it gives instant amazing results but doesn't provide them long term!

Rice water? Do you use that on your face too!??
---
Awww poor baby. It’s bad this year for colds, XL baby has had 1 already but he’s got siblings so it’s expected

*1 not 2 😂
It's hard to keep them well with siblings!! I used to stress so much about baby deleted. But now she's barely ever sick!! She's got the strongest immune system out of them all!!

@raspberryjuice I would see red if somebody made my newborn sick. What a selfish twit.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

Okgolightly

VIP Member
Well after my lovely day yesterday I got hit with a stomach bug 😭😭😭 think it's all over with now though 🤞🏼
I cannot catch a break 🙄

Oh in relation to my hair, it growing back straight and had wavy curly hair before this. It's so weird! It has a colour now at least, light brown! My eyebrows are back to what they nearly were before and my lashes are nice and thick, I just need to get a lash lift or something cause they are very straight now!
Stomach bugs are horrendous, hope you are feeling better- make sure you have lots of rest today!

That is so interesting about your hair growing back differently, I’ve heard a few people had the same experience and it fascinates me. Definitely treat yourself to a lash lift and whatever else to give yourself a pamper!

• Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Well after my lovely day yesterday I got hit with a stomach bug 😭😭😭 think it's all over with now though 🤞🏼
I cannot catch a break 🙄

Oh in relation to my hair, it growing back straight and had wavy curly hair before this. It's so weird! It has a colour now at least, light brown! My eyebrows are back to what they nearly were before and my lashes are nice and thick, I just need to get a lash lift or something cause they are very straight now!
Hope you’re ok and can take it easy today

Both my kids have been sick the last two days (obviously on different nights) but only sick once and then totally fine 🤷‍♀️ hope yours goes as quickly xx

• Heart

DoseofReality

VIP Member
I’ve requested all my maternity notes this morning to help with my complaint. I’d completely forgotten about doing it since Baby R arrived but it really does need doing. I don’t want a repeat of the “care” I received when we have no2!
Definitely. Might be worth rereading your posts on here too, to refresh your memory.

• Heart

Peepynose

I concur it’s freezing
981F8971-1838-4E24-B737-0E0F1EEEDB84.jpeg

Don’t be fooled by the picture, it’s beautiful but so cold. I had thick cardi, fleece and coat on and I wished I’d packed a woolly hat! A woolly hat in nearly June 🙈

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I googled it - could it be a measles like rash but not actual measles? Google says that’s common a few days after the jab 💙

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
What’s the actual date of the 💒 cale cus I want to order cake for it so we can be part of your celebrations 😂

Also just brush your teeth again after! Crack out the chocolate!!

Baby R just puked down my boobs after I’d just showered and Mr R laughed so that’s really improved my mood 😒

Hope you’re ok @IdeletedbutI'mbackagain, you should also crack out the chocolate.

• Heart

gigilouxx

VIP Member
I cannot believe it has been a month since we last heard from Della, I keep hoping she will pop up ☹

@odetotheseaweed im going to go with one of each too!

@raspberryjuice hopefully the scan comes sooner rather than later to get to the bottom of the pain! I feel you about it being easier when partners are at work, I feel like Mr Golightly just gets in the way and messes up our routine sometimes 🤣 happy trying for no2 to you and Mr R! I will always advocate a small age gap, my sister is 11 years younger than me and I always wanted a closer in age sibling which is why there’s just two years between mini and baby!

@Lucyxxxx thinking of you, you are being so strong and your babies will be back with you soon 💛

@gigilouxx congrats on the lack of pregnancy 🤣

I’ve taken on some additional work to do from home so I am juggling that with both babies today and feel like my head is going to fall off. Baby has been at nursery for three days and is already full of cold 🥲
It’s this year I swear to god. I’ve never known my kids bring home so many colds

• Sad

mrs.darcy

VIP Member
Having a night away from both kids for the first time in 9 months! Have left Mr Golightly in charge and I’m out with some friends and staying in a hotel, I can’t wait. Already two cocktails down on the train 🤣
Have a great time.
---
@Caledonianprincess
dress.png

Saw this and thought of you lol, comes in grey as well. It's Next if you haven't seen it already.

Last edited:
  • Heart

gigilouxx

VIP Member
Aww that’s lovely and I’m glad nobody felt the need to share any less than positive opinions!

I’m struggling a bit with pain in my scar today. Not sure if I’ve overdone it or got an infection from the midwife then me fiddling with a stitch poking out of my scar trying to remove it but it’s bloody sore 😩

Baby R keeps getting himself like this to sleep today. Think he thinks he’s back inside 😅
View attachment 2969285
Aw rasp he’s tiny🥺🥺 them lickle hands

• Heart
Aww that’s lovely and I’m glad nobody felt the need to share any less than positive opinions!

I’m struggling a bit with pain in my scar today. Not sure if I’ve overdone it or got an infection from the midwife then me fiddling with a stitch poking out of my scar trying to remove it but it’s bloody sore 😩

Baby R keeps getting himself like this to sleep today. Think he thinks he’s back inside 😅
View attachment 2969285
Aww the teeny squishyness 😍😍😍

• Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
Morning Twattlers 😎
She is very much missed on this thread but maybe best not to tie ourselves up in knots worrying what happened to Della. It is simply out of our control and we probably all have enough to worry about in the real world without fretting about an anonymous internet poster. I think if she was still reading the thread she would have reacted to the Vinted suggestion just like the lovely Docmum did. Maybe try something similar every so often but that almost prolongs the agony doesn’t it?

Anyway it’s another beautiful morning even at 5.30am. Hope you all have a lovely day, whatever you’re up to 😘😎
What are you doing up so early Jammy? Hope you have a good day 😄

• Heart