Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Okgolightly

VIP Member
Very boring update: I’ve managed to go five days without chocolate. This is unheard of for me. Please tell me I’m not alone and you all eat chocolate everyday and have done for all of your adult life 🍫😂
Me as I type this ⬆
I am a chocolate addict, I could eat a share bar every single day and often have…without sharing obvs 🫠 I need to go on some sort of diet or excerise regime I’m just trying to find the motivation 🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 4

oldjamfan

VIP Member
Hello everyone, it’s been a little while, I’ve caught up here tonight though I have been around other places on the forum recently (sorry).

You may remember my ex husband had cancer, he never got well enough to start treatment and died from pneumonia last week. Although his cancer treatment hadn’t started his cancer wasn’t progressing much which is why treatment was still planned. My eldest daughter came back a few weeks ago and was looking after her dad with help from middle daughter and a lot of carers until he was moved to palliative care at the hospital.
Oh Mrs D, I’m so sorry to hear this. It must be so difficult for you. Hope your daughters are okay ❤xx
---
He shouldn’t be such an idiot 😂
I actually spilt my brew I laughed so hard at this. You rotten bitch ha ha ha ha 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
We go through phases of 6year old not liking his room/his bed/he’s scared/he wants to sleep in with me. In all honesty I’m not surprised as he spent his first 4-5 years sleeping in my bed as it the only way any of us would get any sleep. But I’m very firm now with him sleeping in his bed, if I cave once he spends the next week asking to sleep in with me, won’t go to bed in his bed, asks when he can come in with me. He really disturbs my sleep too when he’s in with me so I don’t want to encourage it. Sorry that’s just a really long winded way of saying I feel your pain and the only thing that’s worked here is consistency in making him sleep in his bed (with the door open, hallway light on, 2 night lights and white noise)

• Heart

Liverbird2003

VIP Member
Oh @raspberryjuice 🫣 please make sure your scar is better before you try again.

@Lucyxxxx my heart goes out to you, reading about you sleeping with your little one and snuggling him made my heart ache. My youngest sleeps with me and I can't imagine the pain of them being taken away.

• Heart
@DoseofReality I think you asked about the train trip, it was amazing.

I was sat with a lovely lady who got on at Dunbar, we had loads in common, and I knew the 2 couples sat across the aisle from me, they didn't know each other but I knew both. It was such a lovely, lovely day. It was a long time on the train but there were lengthy stops where you could get out and stretch your legs.

I enjoyed it so much I've booked another one in September (to Aviemore this time). This one isn't such a long day and I'm hoping there's time to do the steam train at Aviemore.
Sounds like a wonderful experience. I'm glad you have another one booked. I hope you are doing okay 🩷

• Heart

Peepynose

Mini is very much an impulse ‘reward now’ girl so sticker charts haven’t worked too well in the past but I could try again and see if it helps! She is very much an on her own timeline kid I think, as I found out with potty training, and very strong willed so I think as soon as she decides she wants to stay in her bed she will 🫠 I also think there’s some jealousy about the fact the baby is still in our room so she feels a bit like the three of us are together and she’s being left out.

Hope the Peepy’s don’t wake you up too early tomorrow 💛
Ah bless her! I don’t know if it’s the same for you but I definitely felt like having the baby made my older girl seem so much older and I probably expected more of her because she was older but now my youngest is the age she was I realise she was still so little when he was born. I’m not saying that’s the same for you just sharing my experience!
4:45 was this morning’s wake up time! If anyone has any tips on how to get your kids to sleep later in summer I’d gratefully take them. We’ve tried so many different things! My eldest has always woke up at the crack of dawn when it’s light outside and it slowly wears me down every summer till I’m just about to have a mental breakdown 🫠😂

• Heart

DoseofReality

VIP Member
Happy birthday little Caley. Hope you all have a lovely afternoon. What type of cookie pie are you making?

@mrs.darcy that sounds lovely. Happy you were also surrounded by lovely people for it. Great you've booked again.

@oldjamfan that's a good theory. Better than the alternatives. I can't remember when her boy was going in for an operation on his tear ducts.

• Heart

2ofeach

VIP Member
Another day of fantastic weather ( SW 😉) to which I decided to do my ironing!!!!

I also watched the Ruby Franke documentary 😲 bloody cray cray ladies, poor kids!
Been listing stuff on vinted because I mostly like food too much & the menopause is chasing me 🤣
Busy weekend of sport & parties & pet/ babysitting.

• Heart

2ofeach

VIP Member
I've just had to get to the doctor's quick speed as mini has his jags at 2pm. Not me that forgot despite reminders on my phone 🙈😂 I hope he's going to be okay I hate this part of parenting
I have to ask.... you always call them jags. Why is that? Is it a local dialect thing or your preferred word?
I always say jabs with a b.
Just being nosey passing the time.

• Haha
@DoseofReality we are going to make a white chocolate and kinder one as I have white chocolate chips in the cupboard. I've ordered wee individual cake tins so we can each have one. Today is going to be hectic after school and his party is on Saturday so Sunday cookie pies it is. He has a SpongeBob birthday cake for today then is having a gaming themed cake for his party

• Heart

odetotheseaweed

VIP Member
I stayed up way too late last night, this morning !!! reading the Swifty thread 😴
I'm only on board for the live feed link later but they're a supportive bunch, very passionate 😆

Jammy I think the local florists were wiped out of yellow roses when my mum died, they too were here favourite 😢
Your neighbour is incredibly thoughtful ❤

Right more pushing matters, the gender of the Ode twins. Different genders in no particular order, we don't care which comes first 😆

@2ofeach 💙💙
@raspberryjuice 💙💗
@Peepynose 💙💗
@Okgolightly 💙💗
@Boredofthegram 💙💙
@DoseofReality 💙💗

I'll add more guesses as they roll in 😂

F1 weekend for me which mostly involves sitting on the sofa eating crisp very quickly 🏁
Interesting that so far no guesses of two girls!

If you want to watch the livestream later look up taylorswifthockeybro on YouTube, he’s my go to now as it’s better than trying to watch on insta. Plus he takes his top off and does the vigilante shit dance at the end. I love Kev

I love the swiftie thread, especially on concert/livestream nights, it’s a great little tattle community!

• Heart

Peepynose

I could eat it every day if I bought it but I won't have it in the house.
What do you do then @Liverbird2003 buy it in for a treat? Do you have treats in the house for your boys? What about at work? I’m sure there’s lots of treats being dropped off and gifted. I’m so interested in how people can have it in moderation every now and then!
🙋‍♀️ it’s me, hi, I have a chocolate addition, it’s me
Haha

• Heart