LL off topic #12 The Wrong Fellas

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure with the power of the internet we can find you a replacement 😁
I found one but when I emailed I got a reply in Chinese 😂😂
---
It's now went 153 and I have been feeding mini Caledonian myself for exactly 1 year 🎉😍 I'm so proud of myself that I made it I've earned my golden boobs 🥇😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s been difficult for us, Baby R latches well but then doesn’t swallow for more than a few sucks so we’ve switched to expressing and he has it mixed with formula until my supply is enough to do exclusively breast milk. It’s been disappointing for me because I was determined to BF but it just doesn’t work for him, but as long as I can keep expressing milk for him I’m happy. We’re going to a La Leche League support group and I’m in touch with one of their support workers as a last ditch attempt to get BFing working though.

Just had his first health visitor appt and he’s 8lb 2oz now so the mixing formula and breast milk must be working well for him which is the main thing 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It’s been difficult for us, Baby R latches well but then doesn’t swallow for more than a few sucks so we’ve switched to expressing and he has it mixed with formula until my supply is enough to do exclusively breast milk. It’s been disappointing for me because I was determined to BF but it just doesn’t work for him, but as long as I can keep expressing milk for him I’m happy. We’re going to a La Leche League support group and I’m in touch with one of their support workers as a last ditch attempt to get BFing working though.

Just had his first health visitor appt and he’s 8lb 2oz now so the mixing formula and breast milk must be working well for him which is the main thing 🥰
Well done, it’s so so hard and sounds like you are doing all the right things. I have a couple of friends who are passionate about BF and work for a national BF support network, and one volunteers on the national phone line. Hopefully the support worker you are in touch with can help you ❤ I know it can feel disappointing but you should be proud of all you’ve done so far xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was really passionate about it, I’ve been so determined to get it to work and for the first few hours in hospital he did so well. He was latching well and having good feeds. It was when every single person who came in the room while we were feeding had a different opinion, tried to reposition him, moved my hands, told us we had to try the rugby ball position etc that he got frustrated, I got frustrated and he lost it. Then they said he’d forgotten what to do. He’s managed a couple of feeds since then but he just can’t get the hang of it anymore but I do try before every bottle feed hoping he’ll get it again. It’s a shame because he latched and fed as soon as we were out of theatre and we were thinking great we’ll have no issues. But because they were insistent I couldn’t cradle his head in my arm and had to hold him by the neck with my opposite arm it just went tits up for us. I’ll know for next time to just tell them to F off but being a first time mum I followed what they were telling me and it’s ruined it for us. I know he might have lost it anyway I just can’t help thinking it’s down to their interference.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I was really passionate about it, I’ve been so determined to get it to work and for the first few hours in hospital he did so well. He was latching well and having good feeds. It was when every single person who came in the room while we were feeding had a different opinion, tried to reposition him, moved my hands, told us we had to try the rugby ball position etc that he got frustrated, I got frustrated and he lost it. Then they said he’d forgotten what to do. He’s managed a couple of feeds since then but he just can’t get the hang of it anymore but I do try before every bottle feed hoping he’ll get it again. It’s a shame because he latched and fed as soon as we were out of theatre and we were thinking great we’ll have no issues. But because they were insistent I couldn’t cradle his head in my arm and had to hold him by the neck with my opposite arm it just went tits up for us. I’ll know for next time to just tell them to F off but being a first time mum I followed what they were telling me and it’s ruined it for us. I know he might have lost it anyway I just can’t help thinking it’s down to their interference.
Oh Rasp I’m so sorry to hear this 😔 at least like you said you will feel more confident next time in telling them where to go and doing your own thing 💛 hope you had a lovely time officially registering baby R 🥰

• Heart
Well Ive just sat and counted all the feeds from when I started using the app when mini was 4 days old. (I'm not counting the first 3 days as my milk wasn't in then). As of the end of play tonight when he will of had his bedtime feed I will of fed him 2395 times 🙈 that's a phenomenal amount of milk. I'm proud my boobs have survived and I definitely deserve new bras 😂

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 6
@raspberryjuice it isn't too late. I've an acquaintance who champions BF, is a local mentor & I think if you hooked up with your local ambassador you could get back on track.
Please do keep trying if its something really important to you.
Such a shame you couldn't speak up freely at the hospital..... 😔

• Heart
My mates little girl didn’t master the tit properly til she was about 8-9 weeks old so don’t feel too disheartened.
Just remember he’s been chilling in your belly task free for 9 months, he’s been evicted, the world’s new and he’s already got stuff he needs to do x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9