LL off topic #11 The Wrong Fellas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve not slept at all and feeling very emotional. Mr R is on his way though so that will help 😔
It’s okay, you’re gonna get abit upset over everything for the next couple of weeks whilst everything settles down ❤

Next time they come interfering just say you think you’ve sorted it and found a way he likes to be held x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve tried saying he doesn’t like being held by his neck but they insist that’s the way it needs to be done for us to be signed off to go home. They’re sending the BF support worker to see me this morning to find a way that works apparently. Even tho we had a way that works til they interfered 🙄

Mr R is here now tho and he’s actually had sleep so he’s on top form supporting me. They’re saying we can go home this evening if we get his feeding sorted🤞🏼

• Heart
Just tell them you are happy with feeding, you have found a way that works for you and will press the call bell if needed. If you know he is latching on and feeding well then you don't need help.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve tried saying he doesn’t like being held by his neck but they insist that’s the way it needs to be done for us to be signed off to go home. They’re sending the BF support worker to see me this morning to find a way that works apparently. Even tho we had a way that works til they interfered 🙄

Mr R is here now tho and he’s actually had sleep so he’s on top form supporting me. They’re saying we can go home this evening if we get his feeding sorted🤞🏼
Wtf why are the making you hold him by his neck? That's mental. I held mini with my arm folded and him cradled into me while latched on. Id tell them that I had a way that works but their making you chop and change is not helping you. You want bf to be a positive experience not one that makes you want to throw the towel in.
I'm glad Mr Raspberry got a sleep and is on the ball for you and mini raspberry

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ah Rasp you must be shattered! Going from birth to looking after a newborn is exhausting and emotional without people giving you lots of conflicting advice. Try and get some sleep if you can today ❤ you’ll get into your own groove once you’re back at home the three of you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Is it like this they are telling you to hold him? This is how we are taught to advise people to hold the baby as newborns. They need to be able to tilt their head back as they open their mouth to get a good deep latch.
IMG_20240509_102211.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve never breastfed any of mine so no input from me but definitely try get some sleep, you must be exhausted ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Yes that’s how @Liverbird2003 and keep pushing the rugby ball hold and all he does is scream but when I was feeding him how Cale describes yesterday like nuzzled in to my arm he was latching and feeding fine, we had loads of wet and dirty nappies so it was obviously working for him. Then they came in to observe and insisted i held him like the pic, then under my arm. One person is like hold his whole head, one will say his neck, one says cradle with my arm between his legs and up his back to support, the next says never hold that way, one says squish my boob so its flat,another says never squish, one says as soon as his mouth is open to ram him on, the next says move him but try to put my nipple in with my fingers, one says as soon as he stops sucking (after literally 2 sucks now with all their advice) to take him straight off, another says let him play and try to find what he’s looking for it just goes on and on. Every single person tells me something different.
I just gave him a kendamill pre-made bottle out of desperation to get something in him and he guzzled 40ml so he was clearly hungry but 10mins before the MW told me he wasn’t hungry cuz he was just staring at my boob not attempting to feed in the rugby position they insist on even tho he was trying to eat his hands and blanket. My head is absolutely fried, he’s confused and doesn’t wanna know anymore and then to top it off the childrens doctor just came down and told me I need to get him 30ml of colostrum by hand to top up the 40ml of milk he just has 😂😂

arghhhhhhhhh

• Heart
Reactions: 3
@raspberryjuice BREATHE.....
close the curtains, TELL not ask them all to give you space, leave you alone & find your own technique.
My DIL feeds hers the same way I did, 20+ years ago, cradled in the nook of my elbow body tummy to tummy.
It's imperative you stick to breastfeeding if that's your goal so giving formula because you're frazzled is adding hurdles you don't need.
Just wake him & offer as you see fit, you're a team you'll work it out.

• Heart
Definitely tell everyone to gtf and leave you to establish something that works for you. If the way I described is working tell them that I will be doing that. At the end of the day they aren't the ones who will be feeding him at home.

• Heart
Yes that’s how @Liverbird2003 and keep pushing the rugby ball hold and all he does is scream but when I was feeding him how Cale describes yesterday like nuzzled in to my arm he was latching and feeding fine, we had loads of wet and dirty nappies so it was obviously working for him. Then they came in to observe and insisted i held him like the pic, then under my arm. One person is like hold his whole head, one will say his neck, one says cradle with my arm between his legs and up his back to support, the next says never hold that way, one says squish my boob so its flat,another says never squish, one says as soon as his mouth is open to ram him on, the next says move him but try to put my nipple in with my fingers, one says as soon as he stops sucking (after literally 2 sucks now with all their advice) to take him straight off, another says let him play and try to find what he’s looking for it just goes on and on. Every single person tells me something different.
I just gave him a kendamill pre-made bottle out of desperation to get something in him and he guzzled 40ml so he was clearly hungry but 10mins before the MW told me he wasn’t hungry cuz he was just staring at my boob not attempting to feed in the rugby position they insist on even tho he was trying to eat his hands and blanket. My head is absolutely fried, he’s confused and doesn’t wanna know anymore and then to top it off the childrens doctor just came down and told me I need to get him 30ml of colostrum by hand to top up the 40ml of milk he just has 😂😂

arghhhhhhhhh
That's frazzled me just reading it. If the crook of your arm is working and he has a good latch then politely ignore them. The reason they say not to hold him like that is they usually can't get a deep enough latch and you end up with nipples on fire.

30mls of colostrum is bollocks. Absolute bollocks, you couldn't get that amount until your milk comes in (or if you could your boobs would be sore from 3 hours of hand expressing). 40mls is a decent feed for a baby just over 24 hours old!
Ask them to work out how much he should be having based on being 1 day old and his weight in kgs.

• Heart
Thirds @DellaC hope you’re okay 🙌🏼

@raspberryjuice hope you’ve had a better afternoon and are home with baby rasp; I’ve not breastfed so can’t offer advice there but I can reiterate that you know your body and baby best- what works for you and baby is all that matters 💛

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@DellaC is unusually quiet, really hope everything is ok. We’ll have to send out a search party to Ramsbottom if she doesn’t appear soon!

@raspberryjuice hope you’ve had a better afternoon and managed to get some sleep. Hoping you’re going to be in your own bed tonight ❤ x

• Heart
Still had no sleep, iron levels through the floor, in the most pain I’ve ever felt in my life, waiting on discharge meds and stuff now because baby has passed his checks so forget mum 😏 can’t wait to get home to my own bed though.

Ignored the staff and managed to get Baby R to have a decent feed though so feeling better about that 😊

Thank you to everyone for your support ❤

I’m also missing @DellaC and hope she’s ok 😔

• Heart
Still had no sleep, iron levels through the floor, in the most pain I’ve ever felt in my life, waiting on discharge meds and stuff now because baby has passed his checks so forget mum 😏 can’t wait to get home to my own bed though.

Ignored the staff and managed to get Baby R to have a decent feed though so feeling better about that 😊

Glad Baby R has been feeding and you got to do it your way - well done mama! Do you have plenty of paracetamol and ibuprofen at home? Make sure you keep on top of them when you get back to try and manage the pain. Sending lots of hugs xx

• Heart

Glad baby R had a feed 💛

Yes get yourself home, into your own bed and focus on your recovery- regular pain and don’t even think about doing anything other than feeding the baby! You will feel a million times better just for being back at home with Mr R 🥰

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.