LL off topic #11 The Wrong Fellas

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes really hope @DellaC is ok 😔

we’re both doing ok now, finally just been told I was so poorly afterwards because I lost so much blood but nobody told me when I came up to the ward 🤷🏻‍♀️ also confused that they’re not actually monitoring my blood loss now if I lost so much in theatre?? This hospital sucks I swear the night team are the only ones that communicate and tell you anything that’s going on.

But every hospital admission, triage trip, sleepless night etc is so worth it 😍 I keep staring at him in disbelief that he’s mine and I get to take him home and raise him with Mr R. Hes been incredible today altho I did want to kick him when he told me his back was hurting from leaving over the cot 😂 must be real hard mate 😂
Lack of communication about your blood loss sounds like something else to put in your complaint to PALS!

Glad you are both doing okay; I feel emotional for you remembering that first day and night in hospital! Hope baby rasp does you a solid and lets you get some sleep at least 💛

Mr R makes me laugh 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
He’s so funny. I had to try and talk him through the first nappy change and he had it backwards, inside out, poo everywhere 🤣 had to get the hca to come and change the cot sheets because it looked like we’d just had the baby in there butt naked he managed to make so much mess 😂 every time he cleaned him off he’d stick his foot back in it or his vest would fall in. It was a disaster. Then he had to get him dressed again and was trying to connect the poppers on the vest to his sleep suit 😂 I was glad I’m still numb because I was laughing so much. I can’t wait to watch him try and handle this 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
He’s so funny. I had to try and talk him through the first nappy change and he had it backwards, inside out, poo everywhere 🤣 had to get the hca to come and change the cot sheets because it looked like we’d just had the baby in there butt naked he managed to make so much mess 😂 every time he cleaned him off he’d stick his foot back in it or his vest would fall in. It was a disaster. Then he had to get him dressed again and was trying to connect the poppers on the vest to his sleep suit 😂 I was glad I’m still numb because I was laughing so much. I can’t wait to watch him try and handle this 😂😂
Aw I love this 🩷🩷

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can’t believe they didn’t tell you about the blood loss when you felt so poorly @raspberryjuice ! Hope you’re feeling a bit better now, have you had any other visitors? Or keeping to you and Mr R for now?

• Heart
@raspberryjuice I know this is all about you so won't derail too much but I was in a very similar situation. Bed sheets looked like a crime scene (Mr2 said a war zone!....never been to war mind)
I think it's alot to take on board so the delay in telling you might be for your benefit, enjoy the precious moment without worrying about what could have been.
Not making excuses but just giving you time to gather yourself after the birth.

Mr R sounds like you're gonna have your hands full..... 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Our parents have visited but that’s it for today, everyone else can wait til we’re home 😊

I imagine mine look pretty similar @2ofeach 😩 dreading what they’ll be like when I get up 😩

• Heart
Wee Caledonian 💩 absolutely everywhere over the bed when I changed him after having him. Was like 1230 at night and the whole bed needed changed. I was a clueless 23yr old who had been left to it lol. Thankfully the night staff were amazing in helping.
I'm still smiling at the thought of him finally being here and you being in your wee baby bubble. ❤ it. I hope baby raspberry is enjoying being milk drunk soon lol

• Heart
I remember my eldest shitting and pissing all over the bed as well, my mum was allowed to stay overnight as I was a minor and I just remember crying my eyes out asking if I’ll ever be able to have my nails done again 🤣
@raspberryjuice enjoy your baby bubble 🩵

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m trying but they waited til 11 to get my catheter out, sent me walking, then it took us 2 hours to get him to latch again because he’d forgotten how to suck apparently and every man and his dog keeps telling me a different way to hold him to do it even tho I was managing it myself at first and he was deffo feeding but they won’t let me do it that way and now I’ve got more obs in half an hour so might as well stay awake 🤣 and he’s hungry again but they’ll probably confuse the tit out of him again by sending a different person who’s gonna tell me the 98th different way of doing it 😂

• Heart
@raspberryjuice if you have found a way to breastfeed that is comfy for you and works then do it. I listened to the hospital with mini (bearing in mind I fed wee Caledonian myself too) the result was 4 days of agony til I got shown how to do it a way that suited me.
I won't tell you how to do it but my tips is that worked for me is start on one side and when you are due his next feed start the same side as it makes sure both boobs are being "emptied" properly. I remember it as he's had dinner off one side and cheese and biscuits off the other so start the cheese and biscuits side next feed.
Baby care app was and still is a godsend as it timed my feeds and I could write 3 course left right cheese and biscuits or indeed 3 right course right left cheese cheese and biscuits

I hope that makes sense 🤞😂
Edited my post to add the app I was talking about. That's the symbol of it. have a Google phone but if you have an iPhone 🤞 baby care is in the app store too

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
I was to start with but they keep telling me to hold him different ways and then he gets upset and won’t suck anymore 😩

thanks @Caledonianprincess I will get that app! I just wanna get home now so we can find our own way and work it out ourselves 😩
Oh Rasp that sounds very annoying and overwhelming 😫 fingers crossed you will be out this afternoon and can do things in a way that works for you 💛 how are you feeling this morning? Did you both manage to get some sleep?

• Heart
I’ve not slept at all and feeling very emotional. Mr R is on his way though so that will help 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
I’ve not slept at all and feeling very emotional. Mr R is on his way though so that will help 😔
It’s all a bit of a rollercoaster isn’t it? If you can try get some rest when Mr R is there and he can take over with Baby Rasp. As soon as you’re home just the three of you I’m sure you will feel better 💛

• Heart
I was to start with but they keep telling me to hold him different ways and then he gets upset and won’t suck anymore 😩

thanks @Caledonianprincess I will get that app! I just wanna get home now so we can find our own way and work it out ourselves 😩
Hold him how you feel best. Your the one feeding him not the nurses do what you want to do as his mum and get into a routine that works for you ❤
Baby care records feeding, sleeping and nappy changes too so can be a handy app but I only used it for feeding. That's what it looks like when set up and marking feeds. It is a free app but you can upgrade it. I did when mini was younger when I got a free trial but it works fine with the free version

Attachments

• Heart
Hold him how you feel best. Your the one feeding him not the nurses do what you want to do as his mum and get into a routine that works for you ❤
Baby care records feeding, sleeping and nappy changes too so can be a handy app but I only used it for feeding. That's what it looks like when set up and marking feeds. It is a free app but you can upgrade it. I did when mini was younger when I got a free trial but it works fine with the free version
The cheese and biscuits thing has really made me smile this morning

sending you love Rasp, you’re well within your rights to just say “I think I’ll try and see if I can do it myself, thanks” if people keep giving you advice. Is there talk of going home today? Hope Mr R is there soon (or already) to give you a hug

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.