Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At least her fork content is still alive and well.

View attachment 208670
funny how she copies the aesthetic and photography style of her friends the halpins and ownwayofinspiration, but they are people who aren't influencers and actually create imagery for brands. simon, sarah and joanna make mundane and ordinary things appear very enigmatic and beautiful and make some really good content http://whatshesaidcollective.com/ https://www.ownwayofinspiration.com/

but lizzy never showcases her outfits or anything in a unique or beautiful and well composed way? like these forks...... so dull it's almost nausea inducing. her creative talent is really dependent on the fact she's got money, e.g. traveling to beautiful places for a shot that's guaranteed to look good, owning expensive beautiful things, and using 35mm film

Reactions: 6
but lizzy never showcases her outfits or anything in a unique or beautiful and well composed way? like these forks...... so dull it's almost nausea inducing. her creative talent is really dependent on the fact she's got money, e.g. traveling to beautiful places for a shot that's guaranteed to look good, owning expensive beautiful things, and using 35mm film
So true. Scrolling through her non-fashion IG account, it's clear that most of her photography is unremarkable, especially when the subject matter isn't already doing the work for her (like you said, things that are already beautiful and hard to screw up). I also think she over-relies on filters and a certain "vintage" aesthetic. Photography is hard. She needs to work on her composition and maybe break up her love affair with boring, low-contrast still lifes.

Reactions: 2
This is where she gets her inspiration:D

I love that account and am waiting for the day she or Linda are featured 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
This is where she gets her inspiration:D

I love that account and am waiting for the day she or Linda are featured 😄
Hahaha I have never seen this account before. It's brilliant, so spot on. Thanks for sharing!!!

Reactions: 4
Testing Basics - white denim. Revolutionary 🙄
Also, weird that Lizzy assumed all her viewers would also mainly wear straight leg jeans? Yeah no, I’m afraid my hips and thighs mean the cuts she prefers look awful in me!
Why not try a skinny white jean or what about a good wide legged pair (excellent with wedges for a 70s feel)?

(

Reactions: 4
All of the above are good suggestions but she has never been body inclusive and doesn't have much of an eye for style when it comes to bodies that don't look like her own...

Side note, but I'm truly puzzled by what she chooses to post on her ig stories. It's all so random!

Reactions: 9
Also, weird that Lizzy assumed all her viewers would also mainly wear straight leg jeans? Yeah no, I’m afraid my hips and thighs mean the cuts she prefers look awful in me!
Why not try a skinny white jean or what about a good wide legged pair (excellent with wedges for a 70s feel)?

(
As a straight legged gal myself, I didn’t even think about this, but you are 100% right.

The body diversity comment is right on the money too. Despite any of her past comments to the contrary, she obviously thinks all of her followers are built like her. I left a comment on her Testing Basics - Underwear vid basically saying the same. Would it be SO difficult to try to include brands that have extended sizing or different silhouettes for different body shapes?!

I’ve thought it for a while but the inherent issue with influencers is they do the bare minimum. We just gave her excellent ideas for content that would surely include, and be more useful to, a way larger amount of her following than what she caters to, but she always goes for the low hanging fruit. Her style, for the most part, can be found on a range of body types. Do some research!

don’t even get me started on her “photography”.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
How would she do that with underwear though? She can’t test a big bra brand, because she has small boobs.
Also thingslook differently on people with different bodies, so her saying “this t1shirt brand does plus size” is good, but only a plus size person would be able to tell if it does fit well.

Reactions: 2
I did not watch her latest Testing Basics, but based on some of her past ones, it's a pet peeve of mine when people say "These fit so great over the butt" or "These are ankle length" but aren't specific ... Like, that's great for you, but not everyone is the same shape or size; your "perfect crop" could be my highwaters, straight-legged jeans may look bad on other body types, etc. Lizzy constantly says things like this, but never explicitly points out that she has no butt or hips or that she has a small waist to hip ratio, only her long legs. Of course, these descriptions are more crucial in written reviews, but it irks me that this just does not seem to be on her mind at all.

Reactions: 10
I did not watch her latest Testing Basics, but based on some of her past ones, it's a pet peeve of mine when people say "These fit so great over the butt" or "These are ankle length" but aren't specific ... Like, that's great for you, but not everyone is the same shape or size; your "perfect crop" could be my highwaters, straight-legged jeans may look bad on other body types, etc. Lizzy constantly says things like this, but never explicitly points out that she has no butt or hips or that she has a small waist to hip ratio, only her long legs. Of course, these descriptions are more crucial in written reviews, but it irks me that this just does not seem to be on her mind at all.
I was just reading your comment and thought, she hasn’t even got a bum 😂 then carried on ready and saw you wrote the same thing.

Reactions: 3
How would she do that with underwear though? She can’t test a big bra brand, because she has small boobs.
Also thingslook differently on people with different bodies, so her saying “this t1shirt brand does plus size” is good, but only a plus size person would be able to tell if it does fit well.
Totally agree. Obviously she can only speak to her own body, but when she’s doing her selection of brands, including at least 1 brand with sizing beyond XS-L isn’t a lot to ask. It gives more people more options. If I didn’t hate watch her, and was just a normal follower, I wouldn’t even bother watching these videos because I know she doesn’t show anything from brands that fit me. Also, if her followers are straight-sized, but trying to be better allies and start shopping from more diverse brands, she’s just said no to a bunch of $$$ 🤷🏻‍♀️ Just because a blogger is straight-sized, doesn’t mean they can’t advocate for extended sizing and options.

Or even just linking to/amplifying a blogger who is larger, has a similar aesthetic and maybe has a review of different denim options, but that takes time and research. . .

Totally agree. Obviously she can only speak to her own body, but when she’s doing her selection of brands, including at least 1 brand with sizing beyond XS-L isn’t a lot to ask. It gives more people more options. If I didn’t hate watch her, and was just a normal follower, I wouldn’t even bother watching these videos because I know she doesn’t show anything from brands that fit me. Also, if her followers are straight-sized, but trying to be better allies and start shopping from more diverse brands, she’s just said no to a bunch of $$$ 🤷🏻‍♀️ Just because a blogger is straight-sized, doesn’t mean they can’t advocate for extended sizing and options.

Or even just linking to/amplifying a blogger who is larger, has a similar aesthetic and maybe has a review of different denim options, but that takes time and research. . .
You'd be a fool to watch any of her videos on jeans if you didn't have her exact body type. I remember being suckered into buying a pair of Weekday jeans that she raved about, only to find that they fit totally differently on me (despite being slim and the same height). Turns out if you have any sort of butt (and mine's not even that big), they pulled horribly in the crotch and were very tight in the hips. Also, weirdly, the zipper wasn't long enough, so getting them on and off was an ordeal. Never taking her recommendations again.

• Heart
It’s besides your point, but I think she has quite big boobs. Especially compared to her body. I actually think they’re a little bit too big to go braless as often as she does.

But yeah, these testing basics have become pointless. They used to be more about materials and composition of fabric and how things wash, or just about how to style things. And quality of stitching, that type of thing.

But I do not agree that they should advocate clothing for different body types, like some say. I think bloggers should stick to themselves, I think it will only become blurry and not trustworthy if they start including things they have no experience with. Like they might know that a brand may go up to a certain size, but they may not know that people with larger thighs may worry about chafing or something. I think it’s up to us to find a blogger with a similar body type to us.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.