Lizzy Hadfield (Shot from the Street)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She doesn't have to talk about jeans for plus size or POC but why not make a video with POC and plus size included. This would increase the diversity, be authentic and raise the voices of others. It's not super hard - just a little more organisation.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The reason thin, white and privileged bloggers are most successful is because we, the audience, want that.

On ASOS, the clothes that are modelled on thin models sell much better, also in the plus sizes, than those exact same clothes on plus size models.

I think you’re giving bloggers far too much responsibility. They’re just bloggers. They’re not there to improve society.
Wow. There is so much that is wrong with your statement that I'm not going to bother.

Stay in your lane and stay ignorant. You are not an ally.

✌

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Wow. There is so much that is wrong with your statement that I'm not going to bother.

✌
I’m not talking about how they live their own lives.

I'm not going to get into your statement about what "we the audience" want, because that is whole other discussion. But I can categorically refute what you said here. Lizzy, like so many others, went through the trouble of posting a black square months ago, in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement.

Those black squares that folks were so hasty to throw up to show their allyship are a bookmark of accountability now: they said it, so are they going to put their money where their mouth is or what? Or, once again, are they going to just settle back to their old ways? Lizzy talked about it in her vlog, she posted books and resources, so yes, we expect her to take responsibility. Regardless of our expectations of "just bloggers" as a whole, she claimed to give a tit. And while it may seem like a stretch to equate this to a review about white jeans, the point I'm trying to make is that if she's not looking outside of herself and her narrow social circle, what was any of that "listening and learning" for?
Those black squares annoyed me to no end. I know it was not a change they made in their life. Change your life and surroundings first before you start preaching things.

I, personally, am kind of over thin, white, privileged bloggers and I think a lot of others are too. The fact that most of the rant threads on Tattle are for thin, white, privileged bloggers definitely says something. I’m here for some diversity, different viewpoints and styles. The bloggers who don’t show that or elevate it or amplify it will be left behind.
Create the diversity in who you follow, not by following the same thin white chick changing her posts to make sure she doesn’t lose her audience.

I know what @Lucy_B means though - it’s not how it should be, but thin & white is still the popular ‘norm’. It’s what sells. Hence the popularity of a very undiverse group of bloggers. Change needs to happen in both directions - people with a platform should share that platform, but audiences/consumers should interrogate what they consume & why. It shouldn’t *all* be laid at the feet of bloggers to do that work.

✌
Lucy is here to tell everyone how tall and thin she is and how much she spends on clothes. Yawwwwn off love.

Reactions: 2
I screenshotted this a while ago on twitter and i'm pretty sure she does this. She's always been tall and thin and it's true that she's lost a lot of weight during the last couple of years, but lately her instagram pictures are getting ridiculous, to the point that she's started to look a bit deformed, as if her head was too small for her body. She's already like 5,9 and SUPER skinny, is this really necessary.......?
View attachment 211282View attachment 211283View attachment 211286View attachment 211287
😂 making herself look over 6’ tall 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve passed her out and about in manc In the past and I’m 5’9 and she wasn’t any taller than me.

• Haha
Lucy is here to tell everyone how tall and thin she is and how much she spends on clothes. Yawwwwn off love.
I mentioned my height because I’m fairly certain Lizzy is shorter than me, but for whatever reason, she makes it seem that she is much taller.

But I guess my point is, we should stop following people we do not believe or who think are not caring. As long as we follow thin and privileged influencers, they can keep doing whatever they’ve been doing.

When blogging started, we all thought it was a nice change from magazines, who always use models. Real people, how nice! But instead, the most successful bloggers and influencers are still the thin almost model like girls. So that says something about what audiences gravitate to and we ourselves are to blame for that.

😂 making herself look over 6’ tall 🤦🏼‍♀️ I’ve passed her out and about in manc In the past and I’m 5’9 and she wasn’t any taller than me.
Yeesh! Judging by the way she’s stretched her proportions I was thinking maybe she was a supermodel. But Lindsay says she’s 5’11, almost 6’ and she looks taller than Lizzy in all of their unedited photos together.

I’m short as hell so I understand the desire to look taller but Lizzy’s editing is getting to be a bit comical...it reminds me of those gangnam unnie faces where it’s almost uncanny valley.

Lowkey really want to know if any other Mancunians have any goss about our Liz...there’s loads over on Megan Ellaby’s thread...👀👀👀

Attachments

Reactions: 5
Yeesh! Judging by the way she’s stretched her proportions I was thinking maybe she was a supermodel. But Lindsay says she’s 5’11, almost 6’ and she looks taller than Lizzy in all of their unedited photos together.

I’m short as hell so I understand the desire to look taller but Lizzy’s editing is getting to be a bit comical...it reminds me of those gangnam unnie faces where it’s almost uncanny valley.

Lowkey really want to know if any other Mancunians have any goss about our Liz...there’s loads over on Megan Ellaby’s thread...👀👀👀
Never heard of Megan before, so I just went for a nosey at her insta. Wow she looks like she’d be hard work 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Never heard of Megan before, so I just went for a nosey at her insta. Wow she looks like she’d be hard work 😳
Her thread escalated SO quickly 😂 and her sister made an account and also apparently turned up at someones house. Mega dramaaaa.

I agree with the posters who said she should invite other people on her videos to share different body types. Her body is far from how mine is so I would never trust her recs enough to make a purchase for jeans.

Let’s just follow those people with other body types and backgrounds directly, instead of through Lizzy, that’s much more important to make a change.

Reactions: 3
Let’s just follow those people with other body types and backgrounds directly, instead of through Lizzy, that’s much more important to make a change.
Definitely to making sure we diversify our following, though many people here already seem like they do. I don't follow Lizzy anymore her content doesn't give me anything. But I do think her including non-white women of different body types would be a good move for her. Much better than trying to speak on their behalf without directing her viewers to them, as it can be difficult enough for them to succeed in that space without the likes of Lizzy hijacking their niche.

Definitely to making sure we diversify our following, though many people here already seem like they do. I don't follow Lizzy anymore her content doesn't give me anything. But I do think her including non-white women of different body types would be a good move for her. Much better than trying to speak on their behalf without directing her viewers to them, as it can be difficult enough for them to succeed in that space without the likes of Lizzy hijacking their niche.
This is also a good point! The blogger world is chock full of the same same type of blogger, and it is so challenging to find bloggers with style I like, with the same fashion ethics I have who look like me because the Lizzy’s of the world have hijacked the industry making it so difficult for others to get access to followers and without followers, the algorithms don’t show them. Again, white women become gatekeepers into what is supposed to be a democratic industry (generally speaking, because we all know it’s much easier to quit your day to day job to start a blog if you’re more wealthy).

In any case, if Lizzy and her ilk really cared, they’d be doing a hell of a lot more. But the industry is cut throat so if Lizzy doesn’t take the bland, non-diverse brand deal, some other white woman will sadly.

Reactions: 9
I think Lizzy has too much time on her hands hence her somewhat lacklustre mood/content. In her latest vlog her ‘revelation’ that changing up her personal style will make her feel more positive is so frustrating. She needs to find something that gets her out of the house, meeting new people & that feeds her soul. She should volunteer once a week at a cat shelter or something - do something that has real substance & shows character. Not just moving house & wearing a bikini. She’s an intelligent, talented, lucky woman who could make a change for good in the world - documenting mindless consumption isn’t it.

I skipped around the last vlog, but at one point she is back home and says something about getting another BMW? She talks so fast that I couldn't tell if she said "I've got a car" or "I've bought a car." Who even is she???

Lizzy is so bloody intense about EVERYTHING from lamps to knickers. Just buy a pack of knickers, we don’t want hear a whole bloody story about them, how they were made etc. She spends her videos waffling on about otter shite.
don’t get me started on how beautiful she thinks she is when she just looks scruffy AF all of the time which makes me wonder why she spends so much time considering and waffling on about items of clothes they look like a bag o’ shite.

I think Lizzy has too much time on her hands hence her somewhat lacklustre mood/content. In her latest vlog her ‘revelation’ that changing up her personal style will make her feel more positive is so frustrating. She needs to find something that gets her out of the house, meeting new people & that feeds her soul. She should volunteer once a week at a cat shelter or something - do something that has real substance & shows character. Not just moving house & wearing a bikini. She’s an intelligent, talented, lucky woman who could make a change for good in the world - documenting mindless consumption isn’t it.
I think this could be said for most bloggers/influencers these days.

I don't know what to make of Lizzy's latest vlog, she's in London trying to sell us silk pillow cases and nightwear one minute and then the next thing she is back at home because she has had a rough few days (maybe a breakup?) Must be bad enough for her to get in a car and drive 4 hours back home. She seems miserable and down so something is clearly going on. Then she's back in London and seems hyper and everything is back to normal, going on about her lack of motivation for changing up her style and barely stops to breathe.

Anyone think she reads this thread? Her speech about wearing the same thing all the time seems a bit suspect. :unsure:

I don't know what to make of Lizzy's latest vlog, she's in London trying to sell us silk pillow cases and nightwear one minute and then the next thing she is back at home because she has had a rough few days (maybe a breakup?) Must be bad enough for her to get in a car and drive 4 hours back home. She seems miserable and down so something is clearly going on. Then she's back in London and seems hyper and everything is back to normal, going on about her lack of motivation for changing up her style and barely stops to breathe.

Anyone think she reads this thread? Her speech about wearing the same thing all the time seems a bit suspect. :unsure:
Oh that's odd! I hadn't got past the silk sponsorship yet. Lydia Millen also had a sponsorship with them recently, so Lilysilk are obviously on a UK influencer push at the moment.

Is there anyone she could have been broken up with though? Maybe she had a fight with the bff?

Double posting as I have watched the whole video down. It is a weird video, lots of moods. I sense she's not happy, much as we've all noticed this year. It seems like the latest iteration is a nervous energy thing? I know she used to have a therapist, I hope she goes back to them soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.