Lizzy Hadfield & Lindsey Holland #5 Lazy & Lost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She knows her content is stagnant and boring, so she thinks dropping everything and moving to New York will solve this? I'm not sure what exactly she aims to find there; a better exchange rate for navy jumpers? Orange peels in NYC are just as boring as orange peels in London.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
it is more competitive in the US/NY than in the UK.
What can I say, over to you America…fellow American here, please report any spotting

Reactions: 8
I'm not the biggest animal person but I find her decisions regarding Luigi to be really disgusting. What's worse is her whole nonchalance about it. Her unlikeable qualities are becoming more blatant by the year.

Reactions: 24
I think she will hate NYC when she actually lives there. It does not care about people like her for more than 5 mins. There is always someone prettier and more interesting. When she's on a summer holiday, well that's different. Different vibes.

Plus, the dating scene is horrid in NY. I knew models who couldn't get a date. My best friend, who is super gorgeous, did not have a boyfriend there of more than a month duration, until she met her husband, but for like 10 years nothing - and there is ZERO wrong with her. Just the way it is, men there, for the most part treat women like they are at a bus stop and the next one, equally gorgeous, but a different flavor will be along in 5 mins, ghost and repeat. So many women will say the same - in fact beyond the "lack of time and space" conversation it's got to be one of the most prevalent convos you'll overhear in a bar. It's insane. It's worse than any city I've ever lived in (London, NY, Melbourne, San Francisco, Austin), in that regard.

Not that she's there to find a man. Maybe she thinks she's already found one. And maybe she'll just hang with fellow Brits in one or two neighborhoods. I hate that kind of thing and the Brits and Australians tend to do that a LOT. But making real relationships and connections takes time and the city makes most folks who are not of the uber rich variety (and she is wealthy but not uber wealthy) grey complected and hyper vigilant about everything. It's not an easy city to be healthy and balanced. Of course she can have some superficial fun for a bit, but to stick it out will take moxie.

I do love it there - lived there for 15 + years, but it's love/hate all the way and I'm can say definitively I'm way tougher than Lizbutt - no joke. I'd say now I love it from afar like an old flame who I know isn't good for me but who I can admire for their good qualities all the same.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Speaking while teeth cleaning DRIVES ME MAD.
Thank you, I had to fwd and people think she’s posh! You’re not going to get Kate Middleton displaying this online!

I lost my 20 year old cat in lockdown and got another kitten during lockdown. This was 9 months apart and I only ended up with my kitten because someone changed their mind and decided they didn’t want him anymore a week before they were due to get him. Even though before I got him I made sure my mum (who I live with) was okay to look after him for one night which will be nearly a year later when I go to a wedding. The longest I’ve left him for is 14 hours and my neighbours came and checked on him. I honestly don’t know how Lizzy does it, she was preaching how she was going to stop travelling as much as she wants to settle down etc. As soon as the restrictions were lifted, straight away Luigi was abandoned 😡🤬
Sorry to hear this, it’s simply heartbreaking when your pet passes! 20 years is a good run and I’m sure you hold some very fond memories.

Very good point raised. Lizzy, is on another level, there’s clearly more going on that we’re not aware about.

A million more interesting vloggers in NYC than our Lizzy Dripping.
“Drip Lizzy and Clung Lindsey” = The Drip & Clung Show

I haven't even watched the vlog and just came on here for the lols. So she's moving to NYC after just buying an extremely expensive property, renovated it, became a cat Mum and she's now fecking off to NYC??? WTF is she on. Does she live on planet cuckoo?

This girl does not realise how privileged and out of touch she is with her audience now.

loving @salexse comment that she is just 10 orange peels away from being a Haplin creep.

I wish she would just F@£K OFF. so over her now ! This world has gone to pot for still pandering to her narcissistic ego. DULL AS F@CK!

Apologies for the rant.
No, we love this kind of rant!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
@brerwhabbit if you wrote a book about New York, I would read it!

On dating: Yes, dating in any big city is tough. There are whole tv series devoted to dysfunctional dating in NYC, meaning there is truth to the cliche. Perhaps she fancies herself as some rare prize with a Northern accent and a foreign passport, well-equipped to trap some hot, rich, artsy photographer type, but good luck competing with every other single woman (or man) in town. Plus, we know she likes to fall for guys like Ben and Dean who are too in love with themselves or busy chasing the next girl of the week.

As for friends, she will either stick to a small cohort of fellow ex-pats or more likely will run with the influencer crowd (again). She'll have her superficial fun, and when that runs out, she'll conveniently pull the "part-time" card and go home.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Gotta say, Lafayette House (where she stayed in NYC), is such a weird choice. I'm guessing someone recommended this to her perhaps.

Reactions: 5
I'm sort of surprised she's going back to NY for longer stretches. In the past she's always seemed quite dependent on her Mum and Lindsey and a few friends from uni. It can be hard to be an ocean away from your support network.

I feel sorry for Luigi, but he's probably living his best life in Yorkshire with Anne making cat friends. Better that than a neglected cat in London.

I also find it terribly amusing that she renovated her bathroom and didn't include any storage - thus ending up with the bamboo storage tower wedged in between the sink and the loo!

Lizzy is ultra predictable these days. Either she’s A) a grass is greener girl and thinks being in NY will somehow make her happier and a better content creator - guess what, you still bring yourself along with you. Unless she deals with whatever is causing her to be in such a slump, everything she makes will continue to be tit. Or she’s B) dividing time between NY for a boy much like the Amsterdam saga with Ben
I could not agree with this more sfts!

Thank you for your NYC wisdom @brerwhabbit !

• Heart
Reactions: 11
For non-UK folk, Lizzy did the London equivalent of splashing her inherited wealth on renting in Park Avenue - Holland Park and the East Village - Bethnal Green when she only had the resources to buy the style and size of property she wanted in Bushwick - Homerton.
Obviously nothing wrong with Bushwick or Homerton for many people they would be a first choice but not as desirable and you just know if Lizzy had the budget she wouldn’t have even considered living there. Where as if Lizzy had rented in Homerton she could have saved a substantial sum on rent and bought in somewhere like Hackney - Williamsburg.

Living between New York and London is just the latest in a series of Lizzy’s impulsive, knee jerk reactions to keep up with Linda- we all know how well these end *cough*Luigi*cough*. As usual I don’t think Lizzy has really thought this through at all. For instance Lizzy will still be in the fixed term of her mortgage and assuming she doesn’t have a buy to let mortgage, she definitely was not planning this, and rents out her house, even intermittently, she will be committing mortgage fraud.

Lizzy will probably find establishing work in the US harder than she expects, New York is saturated with influencers and the current phase of fashion bloggers turned influencers is slowly dying - just like her Youtube channel. IG is increasingly turning more towards video content and she can’t survive on gifted clothing. Is Lizzy prepared to go back to square one with influencing? Actually make an effort? Make more polished content? Does she realise it may impact her work and income in the UK? Has she even thought of the legal and tax implications?

I think at the moment Lizzy is probably abusing the standard tourist/ESTA visa, all the visas that allow UK nationals to live or work in the US require an embassy appointment/interview. Personally I wouldn’t like to take my chances repeatedly going in/out the US on a tourist visa, especially if you spend a prolonged period of time there and openly admit you’re going to meetings and ‘working’.
Not that I agree with it but Lizzy will qualify for the O1 visa - they really should just rename it to self employed and can generate own income visa. My ex and I were going to move to the NY years ago but had to abandon plans when I found out I had cancer, as a musician and photographer we met the requirements for O1 visa independently of each other, the hardest part is finding the sponsor.

There will never be a ‘good’ time for Luigi to resume living with her either, I bet Lizzy is hoping as time goes on people gradually forget and stop asking about him. She definitely made the conscious decision not to post IG grid pictures of him at Christmas, literally burying him on her grid.
Pets can be a pain in the arse at times, I put off emigrating to Japan because I knew my cat was too old to cope with the ordeal of moving to a different continent but you have to accept its the sacrifice you make when owning them and enjoying their company.

Promise I will learn to write short posts at some point.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I lost my 20 year old cat in lockdown and got another kitten during lockdown. This was 9 months apart and I only ended up with my kitten because someone changed their mind and decided they didn’t want him anymore a week before they were due to get him. Even though before I got him I made sure my mum (who I live with) was okay to look after him for one night which will be nearly a year later when I go to a wedding. The longest I’ve left him for is 14 hours and my neighbours came and checked on him. I honestly don’t know how Lizzy does it, she was preaching how she was going to stop travelling as much as she wants to settle down etc. As soon as the restrictions were lifted, straight away Luigi was abandoned 😡🤬
Spot on. I think everyone with common sense and a deep love for their pets would not abandon them, ESPECIALLY for reasons that are avoidable (permanent and month-long stays in different countries lol). As someone else already mentioned: She got Luigi as a lockdown companion and as a visual aesthetic and dodged him the minute her shallow influencer life came back to life

Reactions: 11
The comment about Luigi on YouTube is popping off with over 150 likes as we speak and multiple comments answering too. Someone mentioned Lindsey giving away her puppy too. I agree to this sentiment- pets are living creatures, family members, and not some navy sweater you can pass on when you don't want to wear it anymore.

What's even worse to me is that both L + L kept their pets for as long as they were puppies. How human beings treat animals says a lot about them in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thank you, I had to fwd and people think she’s posh! You’re not going to get Kate Middleton displaying this online!

Sorry to hear this, it’s simply heartbreaking when your pet passes! 20 years is a good run and I’m sure you hold some very fond memories.

Very good point raised. Lizzy, is on another level, there’s clearly more going on that we’re not aware about.

“Drip Lizzy and Clung Lindsey” = The Drip & Clung Show

No, we love this kind of rant!
I think we have our title for the next thread right here 😂

The comment about Luigi on YouTube is popping off with over 150 likes as we speak and multiple comments answering too. Someone mentioned Lindsey giving away her puppy too. I agree to this sentiment- pets are living creatures, family members, and not some navy sweater you can pass on when you don't want to wear it anymore.

What's even worse to me is that both L + L kept their pets for as long as they were puppies. How human beings treat animals says a lot about them in my opinion.
Also, I’m sorry. But doesn’t Lindsey complain she’s not good at being alone? Well, you had a dog, madam. He would have been a great companion and a lot more reliable than men.

She had him in London for a total of four weeks! Was he too inconvenient for going on dates? So infuriating! At least Lizzy has kept Luigi….

Reactions: 13

I can't see it? has lizzy deleted it or is it buried?

Reactions: 5
I think we have our title for the next thread right here 😂

Also, I’m sorry. But doesn’t Lindsey complain she’s not good at being alone? Well, you had a dog, madam. He would have been a great companion and a lot more reliable than men.

She had him in London for a total of four weeks! Was he too inconvenient for going on dates? So infuriating! At least Lizzy has kept Luigi….
She said the needs outdoor space. But lots of people have dogs when they are in London. :sick:

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.