Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Violet89

Someone mentioned before here - poor art student
How ironic...

She was an art student, but certainly not a poor one. She was a landlord! She owned the house the real poor art students were living in, whilst she was spending her money on Victoria Beckham and Tibi.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Artaud

Lizzy only started donating 20% to charity last summer after Brittany Bathgate did a wardrobe clear out where she donated 100% of the profits to charity. Brittany even added some of her own money to the donation too.

It all comes down to greed, Lizzy wouldn’t have bought either the Coach or Tod’s bag with her own money but she just can’t say no. She’s either worried about falling off their PR list because one day they’ll design something she’ll actually want without having to pay for it, or in the hope they send some paid work her way.

Still boggles my mind how Lizzy can casually spend £36k a year on rent but needs to sell worn, gifted clothing on Depop for £10.

MoniC

Chatty Member
Whole heartedly agree. It's the lack lustred nature to everything which gets me, but the privilege which gets all of these free things fall into her lap. There are several influencer who get on my nerves, but I will say that despite how greedy and disgusting I find them (In The Frow) at least they put effort into being of no use to society.

BB and Lizzy are so similar, but I think BB has "the eye" for things and is (annoyingly sometimes) meticulous. No matter how expensive your camera nor how expensive the items you are taking a picture of without that eye and consistency in standards you just produce beige content. I even enjoy BB just showing her process for taking photos of items she's going to sell on depop.

On another note, a great vlogger for those who like Lizzy's montage vibes, but someone with endless creativity is Rachel Nguyen. Style wise she is very different, but she has a great knack her creating a narrative and produces lovely content. I think this is what Lizzy aspires to be like but she lacks the pizazz to get there.
Agree about BB. They are similar but she has an eye for shapes and doesn't suck the energy out of everything. I like her care for details, a lot of her clothes have little twists (like the lemaire blouse with the wrap detail) but Lizzie's goal seems to become as shapeless and boring as possible. Can't believe people find her interesting. I used to watch her vlogs until I realized that she never actually does anything. She gets up, puts on a sweater that looks like it's from the 90s and not in a good way, yells at her cat, tries on the 20399th pair of straight leg blue jeans and leaves the house for coffee. Maybe takes another picture of a fucking lamp and moans about how tired she is.

She's the embodiment of "I'm 14 and this is deep".

• Haha
  • Heart

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
Does anyone else skip through all of the cat content?
Okay, I love cats, love cat content. But even I have been thinking that she is really really milking the luigi content. He is in every photo, every ad, every conversation - Lizzy needs to chill out with the cat content. She's only had him a few months and he's already part of her 'brand' seems a bit weird to me.

snarkvark

VIP Member
in her testing basics lizzy says she already has two black blazers from arket so... why did she buy another one for the testing basics video??? surely she's worn those blazers enough to have an opinion on their durability?

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Ugh, I could not bring myself to watch her entire 30-minute vlog rambling on about books just to get the story on the tattoo, so Youtube transcript to the rescue! TL;DR, it's her dad's handwriting and she's not going to go into the story of it because she wants to keep it private (Also I just realized she says "I love it so so so much I'm so pleased with it" verbatim twice-- the Lizzy Tagline).

(starts at 11:31)
um where to start let's start with the
tattoo so i have
mentioned it on instagram it says
endeavour
it is in my dad's handwriting and the
word and placement
are both sentimental but i'm not going
to share the story because it's just
something i want to keep
personal and private but it is a tattoo
for
dad in relation to dad and yeah this
placement and everything is all part of
the whole story
and i absolutely love it
i love it so so so much i'm so pleased
with it i got into an old habit
on kingston road and by a guy called
ryan i'll
link him in the description box if
anyone else is interested
and it was just an amazing experience
and i love it so so so
much i'm so pleased with it um yeah
that's all i'm going to say about it
but i just feel all
just yeah i can't stop looking at it
basically um

In other news, I thought I was having deja vu because Lizzy has also acquired that same minimal, black dresser that BB, Lindsey, and every Instagrammer and their mom has. Christ, does anyone among the lot of them have ANY creativity?

• Haha

MoniC

Chatty Member
Yeah, no. Thanks but no. I can't even listen to their podcast without feeling like they suck the will to live out of me, can't imagine what wisdom those two spoilt influencers will spout in the book. They really think the world has been waiting for their basic ass input, huh? I wonder what qualifies them to give advice of literally any kind to anyone else. Not to mention their horrid writing style...

Anna is so far up their asses, what's so AMAZING about that?? Two bratty wannabe intellectuals given a book deal to spout unqualified bs. Oh right, that's what Anna's book did as well...
Screenshot_20210219-101735_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Heart

minniemoo42

She seemed a lot happier in two of the recent vlogs, then super down again in the latest one. It seems common that influencers go through this and I honestly think some of it is working alone and not having a busy schedule. I'm not minimising mental health problems at all and of course sometimes they may be genuinely affected, especially as we are in a pandemic and everyone is feeling a bit meh. But I wonder if her having a busier job where she has more to do and more responsibilities would help her. I know my mental health would take a hit if I had her job and was just at home all the time with not much to do. Having to get up and go into work with lots to do and be accountable is much better for me mentally so I wonder if being an influencer contributes/makes mental health problems tougher? I hope this makes sense! I'm not saying having a job/being busy is a cure for anxiety and depression but when I was unemployed a while ago I felt similar to how Lizzy seems.
A lot of influencers i follow struggle with mental health and anxiety and seem to have done for most of their life. I find it interesting that they end up in jobs that seem to only exacerbate these issues. Lack of routine, fluctuating income, numbers driven, public face on the internet are all factors I imagine would drive anxiety skywards. And with the pandemic, there are no fancy PR trips to keep one busy and accountable.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I get the impression she’s a mouth breather, and she often sounds like she has a stuffy nose. Maybe something is blocked somewhere.
She's definitely a mouth breather. I remember a vlog a few months back where she's doing an unboxing and her mouth is gulping for air like a fish the whole time.

• Haha

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
What do we think about Lizzy and Lindsey‘s semi naked Tekla ads? I’d say boring as heck. They’re pretty girls but about as sexy as a lamppost.
It's the perfect product placement for them because it lets them be pretty much naked. Clothes have that pesky habit of staying on you, what with the waistbands and sleeves and all. But a towel... it's like a small bedsheet or a big napkin, always on the verge of falling off and exposing your nipply bits! Instant sexy!

• Haha

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I'd argue that she is supremely gifted, almost everything she owns is gifted.
I'm prematurely casting my vote for this to be the title of the new thread, which probably won't even happen for another 5 years. :LOL:

Also, she didn't tag this as #gifted, but who among us actually believes she paid for this £475 jumper?

• Haha
  • Wow

sfts

I genuinely do feel for her, that must have been incredibly difficult but she will find the right guy for her and she’s got enough gifted bikinis to thirst trap into infinity 🤣

• Haha

slugella

VIP Member
Obviously I hope she is ok and doesn't have any long term effects, but she wasn't following the rules so it isn't surprising she caught it. Wasn't she in Manchester a few weeks ago, ages away from where she lives. Someone recognised a coffee shop she shared on her story.

jaymie

VIP Member
Is that Simon dude her bf, friend or friend with benefit? I can't work out who he is, straight, bi or gay.

1620640405471.png

Surely is a joke right, first I will be fuming if someone posted this. And hmm, just pancake

• Haha

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
It's all quiet on the Lizzy front lately, so I'll offer a Lindsey tangent. I'm so glad someone finally said it:

Screen Shot 2021-02-05 at 11.46.55 AM.png

I love a designer chair, but these (and Lizzy's Bertoia Diamond chairs) are pretty to look at and hellish to sit in for any length of time.

fallouou

Some influencers have been so imaginative about finding ways to produce content. Loads of the fashion houses have come up with innovative ways to running their shows digitally. But it seems Lizzy and Lindsey have rented out a studio/warehouse space to produce what I bet will be exactly the same kind of photos they take of themselves in their bedrooms. Such as:

Screenshot 2021-03-09 at 13.17.03.png

• Haha