Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Artaud

I don't intend to listen to it either (I'd like to hang on to my few remaining brain cells, thanks), but I will make a guess as to what these groundbreaking wfh coping strategies might be:

1) Get dressed everyday. This can feel SO hard, guys, I know, but those gifted jumpers won't wear themselves.
2) Get outside. Nature is essential for mental well-being. I find that a 2-hour walk each afternoon helps break up the work day.
3) Exercise! Follow the link in bio for a 10% off code for a pilates subscription. #ad
4) Have at least one thing to look forward to each day. This could be a daily trip to your favorite third-wave coffee shop (which, if you're not also posting it religiously to your social media, why are you even listening to this podcast), staggering your gifted parcels so you have one delivered each day of the week, buying something (anything!), or all of the above.
5) Meditate. I can't emphasize this enough. Set aside at least half an hour of your day for this, even if you have to squeeze it somewhere between your third-wave coffee run, post-coffee coffee break, leisurely 1.5 hr lunch, post-lunch pre-walk break, 2-hour afternoon walk, or post-walk late-afternoon break.
6) Cry. Life is hard and it's okay to feel sad about *gestures at the world* all that's going on. I usually allow an hour in the evening after dinner for some intense navel-gazing and self-pity.
In my defence I like to listen to things that don’t require concentration when exercising but you got this spot on!
- Lindsey likes to work in a separate office/room wearing lounge wear.
- Lizzy likes to work in her front room wearing normal clothes.
- Lindsey recommends working separately from your partner.
- They both recommend stationary, candles and flowers as home office essentials.
- And of course they both recommend exercising, going for walks and coffee runs.

Other things they mention; Lindsey answers questions about sex, they both blame Covid for putting their lives on hold, they both want to travel as soon as possible and talk about their (not so) impressive solo trips.
It was recorded on February 2nd and they must have been in their own homes as you can hear Lindsey’s dog barking. They’re still giving the impression they’re living lonely existences and not seeing each other or anyone else.

And my personal highlight, Lizzy thinks she had Covid whilst she was in Japan because (in her own words) she had to take a lot of cough sweets. Oh Lizzy. 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
“Here, let me just set up my camera. Oop gotta get the best light...little to the right. Okay, timer set. Now. Act natural. Hmm, let me try with my face looking away, all demure like. Okay and bend slightly, but into the light so that it looks artsy...”

“...fuck. All that time posing like I’m making the bed, and I didn’t even make the bed.”
I’m 36 and I find them extremely cringey.

• Haha
I started following Lizzy and BB for style inspiration pre-pandemic, as I found that I had a lot of colourful statement pieces, but I really didn't understand how to dress for just the everyday. I culled so much of my wardrobe, focused on “quality basics”, but I feel so bored looking at my clothes now! I thought I would look more put together, maybe I do, but I also feel like I have aged 10 years with this bloody style.

So over this trend of expensive bland bland bland. Lizzy really used to shine so much brighter, but now she looks like a grandad omg. I clearly need new recommendations for decent style influencers! 😒

Artaud

Lizzy forever being her own thinspo.

I can’t take Lindsey’s Covid anxiety seriously when she’s been going to London to visit Lizzy at least once a week during lockdown. That’s two unnecessary fifty minute train journeys and additional public transport across London in a single day. Lizzy seems to have total disregard for the governments guidelines and I really wonder how many people these two have come into contact with unnecessarily. If Lindsey was being honest she’d admit she won’t return to the NHS as their workers are vastly underpaid.

What is Lizzy doing with herself? Even in Manchester I thought she only worked the equivalent of having a part time job but she must only be spending a few hours a week working at the moment. She makes no effort with her content, she takes pictures of her everyday life on her iPhone, her vlogs are poorly filmed and require minimal editing.

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I'd love to know what Lizzy's content calendar / to do list looks like:

Take bikini shot in garden (half head cut off)
Edit underboob photo for sponsored post
Take selfie in towel
half cut off face (pouting) with Luigi
Film Luigi and I in the bath for weekly vlog
Take photo of Linds, semi naked (no face)

• Haha

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I agree with everyone. This piece did nothing for me. We know Lizzy doesn’t like discussing anything personal, least of all the passing of her dad, so combined with her *ahem* limited writing ability, this was an ill-conceived assignment. There was no focus, no personal details, and it came across as vague and forgettable. It was all “My grief, grief, journey, grief, grieving, journey.” Anyone could have written it. In fact it’s what a lot of her vlogs and the podcast (and probably her book) sound like. A lot of vague waffling and repetition without getting to the point. I get that it’s a very personal subject, but if you can’t manage to make your essay more specific than a counseling brochure, maybe don’t write it?

poopettemetis

VIP Member
Honesly testing basics has always struck me as incredibly wasteful. Why buy so many clothes only to wear them a week and then probably never again? I don't have a solution as to how the concept could work but maybe working with women's shelters for donations might be a good thing.
In my mind, I already know where to go to get quality basics because I do the research myself and know what I want/need. And if they’re quality and I take care of them well, I’m not replacing them every year. I’m with you though, the idea seems good but the execution is just kind of like “what’s the point?” She’s using the series as an excuse to buy more stuff she doesn’t need/accept free stuff from brands she works with regularly, but because it’s “her job” and she’s supposedly providing a service, it’s necessary 🤷🏻‍♀️ We also know she’s bad at describing things and giving in-depth, unbiased reviews because she has no idea what she’s talking about.

ETA: she also only shops at straight-sized stores, so also useless to me.

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
I saw this over on Anna's thread and had to repost:

The poses at 1:35 reminded me of Lindsey's lame selfies :LOL:

• Haha

peppin

VIP Member
sorry, I can't comprehend the fact that she packed a bag after a row...sounds like something you would find in a flimsy book about how to keep the flame of a relationship alive, especially in her 30s

Me 🙋🏼‍♀️ I have zero interest in her cat... but to be honest I skip through most of her content nowadays.
Ditto this! She has become so boring it hurts. Influencers are supposed to influence/inspire, not bore the hell out of you. I can’t relate to her new “thin white girl with a black kitten and a ton of overpriced beige coats” aesthetic anyway.

jaymie

VIP Member
I don't think they're alcoholics either but considering that there's some kind of alcoholic beverage in most posts, videos or stories it's a LOT. Almost every day is a fair bit for "regularly" in my opinion.
I don’t mean they are true alcoholic but they definitely see it as a personality.

MoniC

Chatty Member
I'm still subbed on YT but I just can't be arsed to watch her videos anymore. The few times I did I felt like they drained the energy right out of me, just like listening to their podcast...

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
Sorry for the double post, but she needs to put Testing Basics to bed. Tank tops? Really? Scraping the bottom of the barrel, Liz.

Screen Shot 2021-04-01 at 10.14.37 AM.png

• Haha

sfts

Lizzy would so not do any illicit substances at all! Are you guys forgetting she only just started drinking wine last year 😂 if anything she’s playing hours of Spyro to distract her from eating!

• Haha

sfts

It’s so bizarre that at a time when virtually everyone is starting to embrace colour and print, Lizzy is getting more drab. I still find some of her outfits to be really nice but they’re often extortionately expensive without selling me the luxury illusion. By luxury illusion I mean when I look at Camille Charriere for example, I’m like “yes!! She looks a million bucks so if I buy that top I will too!!!” But when I look at Lizzy, I’m like “imagine buying a top that cost £400 just for it to be baggy and ill fitting 😐

• Heart