Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sfts

Also, blazers....when she hasn’t worn them for almost a year!? Such overconsumption is just inconceivable to me, she already owns a million blazers that she’s not currently wearing, so why order another 6-7? For Christ’s sake Lizzy really needs some direction because her content is just plateauing more than it should! She used to have such creative potential and it actually makes me sad that she’s lost so much of what got her to where she is right now

Reactions: 10

jaymie

VIP Member
I find Lindsey's take on product placement is super weird, I am referring to the one where she sat on the chair and placed the tiny bottle of serum on the floor, is so small that you cannot even tell. She turns each brand deal into her mini tumblr

• Haha

mjquinlan

I remember Harry being kind of a dick to lizzy, like always bringing her down or making fun of her...I always got a weird vibe from their relationship. I know this dynamic occurs in lots of relationships but it makes me sad for lizzy. I remember seeing shades of that in her relationship with Ben as well, I felt that he was always putting on an act when he was with lizzy (or at least when she was filming vlogs) and would never act like he genuinely liked her company but instead liked having someone to bounce his jokes and aggressive “charm” off of.

MoniC

Chatty Member
Does she think we're stupid? As if she hasn't had regular meetings with Lizzie all of lockdown. "My face has been very wet" right Linds...it's either panties, boobs or weirdly worded captions, how thirsty can you get 🍆💦
Screenshot_20210517-213355_Instagram.jpg

• Haha

dreamybutterfly

VIP Member
I didn't want to admit it but Lizzy does dress ugly now. She buys all of these expensive things only to end up looking basic and dishevelled. The most recent vlog is testament to that. She can do the boyish aesthetic thing and still look presentable and sleek. I miss when she used to wear more tailored clothing. Now all she wears is those boring Arket jeans and shapeless knits.
I think one of the problems is Lizzy doesn’t buy clothes anymore, she wears a miss match of what brands are sending her. When she actually had to buy her own things she bought more fashionably. The other thing is she’s trying to be this hipster East Londoner and so thinks that means wearing a uniform of the same bland thing over and over again.

• Heart
Someone once wrote here that Lizzy’s style and content went downhill after her split with Ben and I truly believe that was the case. That was when she kept cutting her hair shorter and shorter and started dressing very undone and sloppily. I get the impression that break up took a real toll on her.

From a viewers perspective it’s a real shame because I did really like her content before. Her videos were well thought out and had great music. Now they’re just either undeclared ads, a passionless testing basics attempt or hauls of gifted stuff she doesn’t need.

Also what’s with her inability to edit out moments where she gets distracted by a text message/email? It surprises me that she’s continued to sail through and get work when that is the level of performance she’s putting out there.
And she lost her dad's watch during the time Ben and her broke up as well. I imagine that could play a part.

I don't understand why she bothers with yt anymore. Her channel is dying. She can't even rack up 100 comments on her videos anymore (at least they're not at 100 when I watch them), not even to speak about the views...
It seems like a lot of her subbies have come to the same conclusion and tapped out. If Lizzy truly wants to continue with youtube, she's going to have to actually hit the pause button and take a long hard look at her content.

Last edited:

meowmeowbeans

VIP Member
This x 100! I hate it. Also, the constant pulling sleeves and collars out of everything. It makes a very expensive jacket look drab.

View attachment 385907
Yes, that too! It's why she often looks like a child wearing adult clothing. Even Brittany Bathgate, queen of wearing things that are too big (and whose personal goal, I think, is to become a triangle), at least looks tidy in her outfits.

• Haha

poopettemetis

VIP Member
I really miss when Lizzy used to experiment with fashion more. Now she seems too preoccupied with trying to appear 'considerate' and only buying things she thinks are timeless and classic but are actually just expensive for no reason. In 2019 she wore that amazing two piece mustard suit in Amsterdam, it was from Topshop but it was about the last time she wore something fun and exciting.

Topshop and Uniqlo, probably even the high end pieces, are all still made in unsustainable materials by underpaid workers. If she won't actually shop ethically (secondhand/eco) at least we could see some interesting outfits every now and again!
It bugs the shit out of me because she (and so many other straight sized influencers, BB included) has time and she has a body that makes it very easy for her to shop secondhand. I’m pretty much sized out of secondhand (mostly because the skinny girls buy up all the bigger sizes for the oVeRsIzEd aEsThEtIc). There is SO MUCH on Vestiaire Collective, but I get the impression she doesn’t shop there unless she gets a voucher or #sponcon out of it.

Coach doesn’t align with her cool girl aesthetic. We will see this bag once more than never again.

Last edited:

MomoomoM

Ahh thanks for replying so fast :)
I think they look SO alike, especially nose / eyes.. but I guess it’s just coincidence then :)
I’ve been following Brittany for ages and I’d rather like her online persona and style, so I’m not going to take a closer look at her thread on here haha
In response to the are they related thing...my partner always says "are you watching the one that always sounds like she's going to cry" and then I have to clarify there are two of them. Lizzy and Brittany. Tall and small cry voices.

• Haha

fallouou

I think it’s time for her to find something beyond being an influencer, or make some dramatic changes to be more interesting. Some dull influencers can still find a niche audience as they get older, but Lizzy isn’t aging well with her audience.

Funsizes

Chatty Member
It's all quiet on the Lizzy front lately, so I'll offer a Lindsey tangent. I'm so glad someone finally said it:

View attachment 421105

I love a designer chair, but these (and Lizzy's Bertoia Diamond chairs) are pretty to look at and hellish to sit in for any length of time.
how snobby does she come across in the response... umm actually these chairs are art, thankyouverymuch. bet she was embarrassed when the commenter replied he had already owned and got rid of it

snarkvark

VIP Member
lizzy has reached the point where she just looks bad in her outfits. the clohtes hang off her in an awful way. she's now so lanky looking, her skinniness doesn't look good anymore it just makes her look old and worn out. I used to follow her for style inspiration and now I watch in horror.

sfts

How embarrassing for poor Anne to have to have read that tat, I like to think I’m very sex positive but that imagery is far from sexy!

Nova

VIP Member
The rise of her channel mostly depended on her Testing Basics, which was fairly new at the time, and her sense of style. The concept of Testing Basics got old quickly and her style does not appeal to the audience she attracted at that time anymore. So that leaves not much else to enjoy.

Plus, speaking for myself, I think I just got too old for that type of Youtube. Sure, I’ll hate watch a few random videos of people here and there, but I don’t genuinely enjoy them anymore and I just speed through them to see if there’s anything that annoys me, or just to quickly see what a person has been up to.

• Heart

Nova

VIP Member
This is not straight forward copyright infringement at all, legally that will be a very difficult case in most countries. It’s very hard to prove that Lizzy’s poses and pictures are unique to her. If this was that easy, the person who pouted on Instagram first would have been very rich now. There have been some cases where a similar photo was considered copyright infringement, but it’s very few cases.

And then we haven’t even started on what damage you can claim. I doubt a judge will think that this girl and her limited number of followers has a large impact on Lizzy’s income.

peppin

VIP Member
I can't believe someone like that gets to write a book meanwhile our teacher deems us absolutely worthless when missing 1 comma, lol

I can't believe someone like that gets to write a book meanwhile our teacher deems us absolutely worthless when we miss 1 comma, lol

Last edited:
  • Heart

Fofoca

Chatty Member
I think she should turn all her books backwards again….then she could buy and display 10000 copies of her own book and we’d never know! 🤪

• Haha