Lizzy and Lindsey #10 Single White Female... Oh Come ON, Embarrassing!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wow. That's rich:

[Books] have supported me while living alone, through break-ups, enhanced some of my greatest memories on holidays, made travelling alone feel possible and allowed me to connect with new people around the world.
Therefore she's going to start selling tickets to book discussion events, capping attendance at 15 each time, ensuring that the only ones who will be doing the connecting are a handful of affluent, trendy girlies exactly like her with a passing fancy in a certain book, not avid book lovers (who likely have their own book clubs already). Bookstores and libraries already do this FOR FREE. If they do sell tickets, it's because the author is in attendance and your money is supporting them directly. She is basically selling Lizzy Hadfield cosplay (you too can pretend to like books and be conspicuous about it in a trendy bar or restaurant).

Reactions: 13
Wow. That's rich:

Therefore she's going to start selling tickets to book discussion events, capping attendance at 15 each time, ensuring that the only ones who will be doing the connecting are a handful of affluent, trendy girlies exactly like her with a passing fancy in a certain book, not avid book lovers (who likely have their own book clubs already). Bookstores and libraries already do this FOR FREE. If they do sell tickets, it's because the author is in attendance and your money is supporting them directly. She is basically selling Lizzy Hadfield cosplay (you too can pretend to like books and be conspicuous about it in a trendy bar or restaurant).
Also…who cares about her opinions on books? She’s not a teacher, a writer, a journalist, etc. She’s never even had a proper job before. I can’t imagine book discussions lead by Lizzy would be very thought provoking or interesting. When was the last time she close-read anything or wrote an essay? What life experience does she have? Why would I choose to pay to go to her book club over taking a seminar or night classes?

That’s great that she loves reading, and I’m not trying to gatekeep that (more people should read). But YouTubers seem to have the issue of always giving themselves a mic 🎤 when maybe they should just sit tf down.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Will there be orange wine at the PAID book clubs ?
For someone with so little talent, her ego is horrifying.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I'm a bit behind, but in Lindsey's last vlog she's sOoOo thankful and grateful that she got the opportunity to do content for a travel company and was so happy it included a tour. One question, why couldn't she have booked a tour to Tortuga Island herself if she wanted to review a tour for her followers? Oh...because she didn't want to spend her own money. These bleeping entitled influencers who won't spend their own money to make their content better (in Lindsey's case it didn't though). Lindsey was in CR for a month and did nothing except "surf" and whine. No day trips. No touristy cooking classes. She literally gave us NOTHING.

So basically Lizzy is creating a supper club...mind blowing.

Also…who cares about her opinions on books? She’s not a teacher, a writer, a journalist, etc. She’s never even had a proper job before. I can’t imagine book discussions lead by Lizzy would be very thought provoking or interesting. When was the last time she close-read anything or wrote an essay? What life experience does she have? Why would I choose to pay to go to her book club over taking a seminar or night classes?
She has made numerous references to picking books because they are short in length which I think speaks volumes about how much of a reader she really is 😂 she also has those orange penguins on her london bookshelf which she has never read / just for the aesthetics 🤪

Reactions: 7
How long before someone asks her whether SHE WOULD PUBLISH A BOOK?!!

Who's got money on BUFF BOOK CLUB having a residence at MARRRRRRNNNNNNEHHHHS though?
10 mins and I still can't figure out what place this is referring to

• Haha
Reactions: 3

That’s great that she loves reading, and I’m not trying to gatekeep that (more people should read). But YouTubers seem to have the issue of always giving themselves a mic 🎤 when maybe they should just sit tf down.
But guys, it’s so so so so great to read.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
For those of you who just stumbled into this thread:

Lizzy bought a cat during COVID, named him after her Italian uncle Luigi, and then gave him away to her mom
Lizzy co-wrote a book with Lindsey based on their now-defunct podcast. It was relegated to the bargain bin only a few months later
Lizzy has a trust fund, which she only mentioned once very briefly. It's how she was able to afford her house

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Lol 😂 I love how she tries to come off as an intellectual, but she just sounds vacant. Plus she keeps reading books written for teenagers (‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower,’ etc.)
Def not defending her, but I'm 37 and read the occasional YA series lol. Loved the Inheritance Games and just picked up from the library the second book in the Fourth Wing series.

I also just read a book called Blood all about menstruation so...varied book interests lol

Reactions: 4
The whole book reading thing feels to me like she’s trying to be sunbeamjess.

• Haha
Can someone who lives in either NYC or London PLEASE take one for the team and go to one of these events?! The sooner the better since this will fail miserably.

Like is this a book club where you buy a ticket a month in advance and then read the chosen book before the dinner where Lizzy leads the discussion of said book? Is it like wine pairings with a book (Live Laugh Love = crisp, fruity sav blanc)? Is it just an excuse to charge idiot followers money so they may be graced by Lizzy's tastemaker presence?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ha ha … I would def take one for the team for a London one ( if it actually happens ) but after a few orange wines I would invariably out myself as a tattler.
I don’t think I could help myself.
I’m presuming Linda has cried all the way home from the back of the plane and is “ moving “ for the millionth time ?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The whole book reading thing feels to me like she’s trying to be sunbeamjess.
I mean she could never! I think as Lindsey has a space to physically meet up with her ‘followers’ Lizzy is following suit in her own way.

I find it mad that these followers would pay an arm and a leg to meet these influencers - duck they must be rich to want out cash like these, especially considering the circumstances that we live in these days.
Everything is so expensive as it is

Reactions: 3
I find it mad that these followers would pay an arm and a leg to meet these influencers - duck they must be rich to want out cash like these, especially considering the circumstances that we live in these days.
Everything is so expensive as it is
Exploiting parasocial relationships are big money apparently.

Reactions: 5