Liz Jones - You Magazine Columnist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s so funny that half of us know about her from reading the Daily Mail at home growing up. I’m the same. I used to read her column and wonder to myself if this is what adults are actually like, and if they are then I never want to be one!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I haven't read her columns for literally years, since she was supposedly with 'the rock star'. When did Jim Kerr issue the cease and desist? And who is David?

I wasn't surprised when someone emptied a shotgun at her house name sign, to be honest.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I haven't read her columns for literally years, since she was supposedly with 'the rock star'. When did Jim Kerr issue the cease and desist? And who is David?

I wasn't surprised when someone emptied a shotgun at her house name sign, to be honest.
David was an old friend (I think they went back many years) who then got together with Liz. His reward was to become fodder for her column. Liz put him down considerably which made me wonder why he wanted to go out with her.

I don’t think Nirpal, the ex husband has kids.

Reactions: 5
She still has a column in You?? How is that possible?
I’m another one whose parents buy the mail and I used to read the magazine when I lived with them 😂 she was vile, she was always blaming everyone else for the various problems in her life.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone else read her diary every Sunday? It's such a guilty pleasure for me as I find the woman infuriating and despicable but I can't look away. Today, the mad bat is grumbling that having no privacy is horrendous...while taking a very good wage for writing about her private life in one of the most read publications in the world. She's such a troll.

The constant baiting and bullying of her ex-boyfriend David is legit disgusting though, and should be illegal. She's really going for it today and he has no right of reply. It's just wrong.
Does anyone else read her diary every Sunday? It's such a guilty pleasure for me as I find the woman infuriating and despicable but I can't look away. Today, the mad bat is grumbling that having no privacy is horrendous...while taking a very good wage for writing about her private life in one of the most read publications in the world. She's such a troll.

The constant baiting and bullying of her ex-boyfriend David is legit disgusting though, and should be illegal. She's really going for it today and he has no right of reply. It's just wrong.
I used to read her column every week about ten years ago, like you I just couldn’t look away, it was when she was with her husband and then moved to the country for an idyllic life that ended up sounding awful. I gave up after that..but I think I’ll have look now! Wasn’t she then with some famous (apparently) musician or did I just make that up 😆

Reactions: 5
I used to read her column every week about ten years ago, like you I just couldn’t look away, it was when she was with her husband and then moved to the country for an idyllic life that ended up sounding awful. I gave up after that..but I think I’ll have look now! Wasn’t she then with some famous (apparently) musician or did I just make that up 😆
Yeh she was with someone she nicknamed “ the rockstar”:i dunno if it ever came out who he was?

Reactions: 3
I hate read this woman every Sunday... please forgive me tattlers!!

- never found out who the rockstar was. She hinted it was Jim kerr until the cease and desist from him.

- she sometimes claims she slept with michael Hutchenson, sometimes she claims she just stayed in the same hotel room as him.

- she recycles stories with different people involved.

- she is POOR but can still afford holidays, beauty treatments, teeth steaming. (Similar to jack Monroe)

- she always has a sassy reply to someone, aka everyone, she comes across (...jack monroe)

- has a number of untrained dogs who chew, piss, tit everywhere and then gets in a strop when she is banned from places. She met up with an "ex" who brought his young gf along and lizs dog chewed her clothes. Liz thought it was funny. She is vile.

- she slagged off davids ex wife, called her "garnier fructis" as that was her "poor supermarket shampoo "she had left behind in the bathroom.

- she has talked about davids drug use, ED etc. Makes out he lives in squalor and beartes him regularly that he cannot keep her in the lifestyle she believes she should get.

- I know it may be bad form to mention another forum, but there is a huge thread on her on DS. "garnier fructis" also popped on at one point!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

- never found out who the rockstar was. She hinted it was Jim kerr until the cease and desist from him.

- she sometimes claims she slept with michael Hutchenson, sometimes she claims she just stayed in the same hotel room as him.

- she is POOR but can still afford holidays, beauty treatments, teeth steaming. (Similar to jack Monroe)

- she always has a sassy reply to someone, aka everyone, she comes across (...jack monroe)

- has a number of untrained dogs who chew, piss, tit everywhere and then gets in a strop when she is banned from places. She met up with an "ex" who brought his young gf along and lizs dog chewed her clothes. Liz thought it was funny. She is vile.

- she slagged off davids ex wife, called her "garnier fructis" as that was her "poor supermarket shampoo "she had left behind in the bathroom.

- she has talked about davids drug use, ED etc. Makes out he lives in squalor and beartes him regularly that he cannot keep her in the lifestyle she believes she should get.

- I know it may be bad form to mention another forum, but there is a huge thread on her on DS. "garnier fructis" also popped on at one point!
What is DS?

Reactions: 3

Has anyone ever seen her and JM in the same room....🤔😂

• Haha
Oh GOD I used to hate read her You column every Sunday too!!! I could never believe she was actually for real, she's a proper train wreck. I haven't read it in ages now (how is she still employed there?!) but I remember how she complained about absolutely everything, felt so hard-done-by, like the entire world was conspiring against her all the time, with the attitude that everybody except her is wrong.

And slagging off that poor David constantly, he could never do right. I can't remember exactly what, but I think I remember reading he'd done something nice for her but all she could do was find fault, was it a proposal/ring or something, does anyone else remember this...? I think there have been a few times like that! And nothing was ever good enough for her. Are they still together? I can't understand why he would want to be with her!

Reactions: 9
Oh GOD I used to hate read her You column every Sunday too!!! I could never believe she was actually for real, she's a proper train wreck. I haven't read it in ages now (how is she still employed there?!) but I remember how she complained about absolutely everything, felt so hard-done-by, like the entire world was conspiring against her all the time, with the attitude that everybody except her is wrong.

And slagging off that poor David constantly, he could never do right. I can't remember exactly what, but I think I remember reading he'd done something nice for her but all she could do was find fault, was it a proposal/ring or something, does anyone else remember this...? I think there have been a few times like that! And nothing was ever good enough for her. Are they still together? I can't understand why he would want to be with her!
I remember the first few times I read it thinking it was a spoof 😂

• Haha
It’s so funny that half of us know about her from reading the Daily Mail at home growing up. I’m the same. I used to read her column and wonder to myself if this is what adults are actually like, and if they are then I never want to be one!
Same here!

Definitely a guilty pleasure. She grew up in the same town as me and went to the same senior school but only knew this from her Mail articles.

Two things that shocked me about her: she had a breast reduction to basically have a model's slim body. And she didn't tell her ex husband her real age until the wedding night...oh and didn't she try stealing his sperm?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I also think I came across Liz through my parent's newspapers and magazines 😂 I read her book about her marriage. A few weeks ago I randomly remembered her and googled her only to be surprised that she still had that column. Just did some googling and it seems the consensus is that either the rock star is fiction or is Jim after all. Judging by a comment further up about her admitting her column is fictitious I'd be inclined to say it's the former.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.