Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mediastar

Chatty Member
In the last week or so, she's written about older women wearing miniskirts, Kate Middleton's polka-dotted dress, Angela Merkel and (unexpectedly) fuel shortages; that's apart from the Diary and the weekly podcast. Not exactly a slackerly work rate.

And the housing association flat? It sounds grim - broken windows and damp throughout. Why in heaven's name would she want to live in it?
The piece on the fuel crisis was laughable, airbrushing her past speeding boasts out of history in her gas-guzzling BMW and "convertible Mercedes" (whatever that means) and pouring on the pious flim-flam with a ladle (whilst having another crack at the over-weight). This from the woman who cheerfully parks in the disabled bays because they're closer to the doors of whichever establishment she graces with her presence? Do me a favour!
As far as the condition of David's flat is concerned, we only have her word (hollow laugh) for its condition. Remember, she used to call her London rental "the cupboard", when it was actually here: https://www.zigguratbuilding.com/ so don't come the raw prawn, eh?

Reactions: 11
According to her latest column she's currently trying to adopt another "nervous collie." Liz: It is not normal for your pets to be "nervous" all the time. If they're rescue pets, it means they need extra love and attention and, yes, discipline - not being allowed to "stress wee" all over the place. It also means you shouldn't be yelling at your boyfriend in front of them or

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I bet the Foetuses look at LJ and think Fossil.

I am sure LJ features on a training course somewhere for young women in the fashion business/trade press. How not to live a successful life.

• Haha

Miss Anne Thrope

VIP Member
If she thinks Tattle is ‘mean’ (it’s not, it’s honest opinion and commentary) then she should abstain from Twitter, a real ‘hellscape’ (to borrow her twitter pal and fellow narc Jack Monroe’s turn of phrase). People on Twitter attack and troll relentlessly - here we converse and debate and do not engage. All she has to do is not read here. Got that, Liz?

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
I certainly would not want dry cleaning fluid anywhere near my bits
I remember decades ago I worked up in London where the Boss' missus used to send all her dry cleaning in every week for The Man to collect then return to her all neatly done, pressed and plasticked for her. We girls used to get the dubious honour of sorting out and listing everything she'd stuffed into the bags (since it was beneath her to do it herself) - then she also began to put the old man's ties in, followed by his silk socks, her frilly lingerie, bras and all sorts that began to appear in the bag for The Man. One day her husband happened to see the bill tucked into the returning goods and he nearly blew a gasket when he saw that she's put his underwear in too, all neatly pinned onto hangers and it was costing him a fortune to dry clean items that the Housekeeper should be putting in the family wash, not sending them out to be dry cleaned! Needless to say it stopped thereon :)

• Haha
  • Wow

dee_mc

VIP Member
For anyone who didn't read the "article" where she puts shit on Helen Mirren for changing her hairstyle and daring to allow an unflattering photo of her be published, Liz recalls having to dye her hair at home during lockdown. After getting black dye on every surface and animal in her house during attempt number one, she decided to dye her hair in the bath the second time. Except she's Liz, so she literally dyed her hair in the bath, rinsing the colour off and wallowing in the dirty water, thereby dying her skin also.
I don't believe for a second that it actually happened but nonetheless, she's such a stupid bitch

• Haha

Geranium

VIP Member
According to her latest column she's currently trying to adopt another "nervous collie." Liz: It is not normal for your pets to be "nervous" all the time. If they're rescue pets, it means they need extra love and attention and, yes, discipline - not being allowed to "stress wee" all over the place. It also means you shouldn't be yelling at your boyfriend in front of them or
I am really really hoping she does not adopt another border collie. They are a wonderful breed and they deserve better.

• Heart
Ooh, tell more! What did her staff think of her during her time as editor?
I think they were all just a bit bemused as to why she’d got the job and seemed to hate every minute of it! She leaned heavily on her poor assistant and didn’t really interact with anyone else..

• Wow

shushablay

Chatty Member
I think a combination, she also seems to have narcissistic personality disorder, the delusion that she exhibits is an indicator of that, she cannot accept any criticism and I think she truly believes she is a wonderful, caring, thoughtful, generous and beautiful person..she is not

Olebiscuitbarrel

VIP Member
I've never agreed with women not having long hair after a certain age but I think jet black hair is not right for older faces.

Miss Anne Thrope

VIP Member
And by her own accounts, her horses kept dropping dead and getting sick too. A self professed animal lover who fails to train them properly and lets them suffer unnecessarily - IMHO.

• Angry

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I always save her 'column' for about 6ish on a Sunday evening - gives the rage so much that I have the energy to clear up after the roast lunch. I'm not sure this is what she has in mind, but who gives a fuck?

• Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
This reminds me of when the chairman head of Saatchi Advertising Agency set up a Go Fund me for his dog’s orthopaedic surgery with Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick. He’d neglected to purchase enough pet insurance cover to pay (think it was about £4K worth of cover) and there was a shortfall. There was a huge brouhaha in the press, inc Private Rye and on wife’s Insta account. They did return some of the money afterwards but not before his wife said she’d set up the GFM as people had asked how they could help. 😖 His name is Richard Huntington, hers is Annabel Bird and the dog’s name and Insta account is Edward Lear. Easy to track down and read about. This was in 2018.
I remember that. The guy lived in a £1m+ house and had a six figure salary. Apparently the dog was instafamous or something. What a world.

I can see why Liz Jones has her column to be honest. Yes it’s dreck but it generates more interest online than any other newspaper column. The Mail has a few of these ‘humiliate self for cash’ female journalists like Samantha Brick and the one who beats her kids, but Liz has made it into an art form.

• Sick

Mediastar

Chatty Member
No it still seems to be around? I’ve only been able to listen for a few minutes.. it’s beyond endurance?

I see she’s back this week ‘Counting her Blessings’ in the diary and making an money appeal for a poor bedridden girl with spinal issues. It sounds horrific and I may donate but as usual, in her Narc way, Jones can only empathise by imagining it happening to her?
I am conflicted by this week's Dreary. Of course I hope for a happy ending for the young woman concerned but wonder, should there be a successful outcome, how she will become fodder for Jones's machine or whether she will never be mentioned again. I seem to recall her repeatedly mentioning that she was paying for the expensive education of two girls in the far east and then... just stopping. Never a word since.
Still, 'tis the season to be virtue-signalling and, true to form, Jones has delivered. Though she still managed to shoehorn in her split-ends and weeping acne, because she knows what it is to truly suffer. As for 'vaginal cones'...

Origen

VIP Member
The same ruse is happening as last week.. the latest article doesn’t load on the Mail online section.. you have to see it on You Magazine archives. It makes it impossible to comment..at least for a while? It’s a standard ‘Why Me’ effort in any case and she’s back to inferring women with children are brain dead morons who don’t read, have no careers and no knowledge of current affairs! That’s why they have friends and can cook apparently! What a loathsome, envious creature she is. Also back to calling our adult kids ,’Giant Children’…she knows that’s a troll on her readers? Loads of folk complain every time she does it. My adult son was home for the weekend, helped me decorate, fixed the washing machine and we had a great debate about Film Noir/Directors.
She just doesn’t have a clue how normal loving families operate. Her utter Narcissistic Isolation I suppose?

• Angry