Liz Fraser #4 A Venetian pigeon stole her croissant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've worked for publishers and theatre companies and have been involved in running lots of different residential and non-residential workshops, retreats, dramaturgy sessions, sharings of work in progress, site visits, et cetera.

I can say with confidence that we have taken group shots and individual shots on every single one.

Plus, on every single one, some delegates have posted on their own social media about it. People who want to get published are, by definition (more or less), interested in self-promotion.

And I have NEVER, when running a full-day or multi-day event, had time to go for a run, and a long walk, do my laundry (!!), or make multiple, unrelated social media posts during the working day.

This is such utter bollocks. It's frightening that she expects anyone to believe it.
Absolutely true. I've never had time to do anything other than grab a quick coffee when I'm teaching groups. And it's lovely when students want to put details on their own social media as of course it's an essential part of the publicity for future courses. And we know that LF is not publicity-shy - quite the opposite. So going all coy and secretive and saying 'it's a thing with authors' is as you say, utter bollocks. If somebody was genuinely on her retreat and enjoying it, believe me it would have been put up on their own social media by now, tagging her in.

The eagle-eyed poster who spotted the clock saying 9.30 on her wall as Liz tried to make out it was lunchtime, has got her well and truly rumbled.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Laughing at the fact it’s a Thing for authors to have privacy. Through an author friend of mine I’ve got to know several authors at different stages of their careers and a few have done retreats or courses and posted openly about them because that’s what people do. Maybe these retreaters are too embarrassed that they spent all this money to squat in public places listening to “expert” opinion on writing short stories and novels from someone who has never written fiction at all or taken on an excursion rather than learning the craft of writing. I would be mortified.
How do authors get known if they don’t promote themselves?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
How do authors get known if they don’t promote themselves?
They don't. No publisher will go near an author without a lot of social media followers or who is playing invisible. Liz knows this full well, which is why she plasters herself all over the internet at all times. Except when she's 'teaching' and mysteriously can't publicise her courses by getting her 'delegates' to post genuine testimonials.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Apparently they've all *signed* non disclosure agreements. First item on the retreat agenda. FFS

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Also people, if they were really there and really enjoying the course, would take photos of HER and put them up on their own social media, tagging and saying what a fab time they were having. And LF wouldn't object to that, would she, because it would be wonderful publicity for her own courses! So it can only be a big fake con, all of it.
ABSOLUTELY! Also, if she was doing her first ever retreat in Venice she would not be running around doing all the other crap she claims to be doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Apparently they've all *signed* non disclosure agreements. First item on the retreat agenda. FFS
How ridiculous. And - why? It's a writing course, not a top scoop with a tabloid. Why wouldn't she want maximum publicity from the happy attendees?
---
ABSOLUTELY! Also, if she was doing her first ever retreat in Venice she would not be running around doing all the other crap she claims to be doing.
She shouldn't be running anywhere or doing anything other than giving a good six hours per day to the people who have paid good money to learn about creative writing. But I doubt that there are any people really there. Even on the boat rides all you can hear is total silence. People on courses tend to chat and point things out. Nothing.
---
I've just realised why this is. Der. She doesn't want anybody to report anything negative about her ramshackle teaching style.

• Heart
  • Wow
I can’t decide if this is true or not. Please tell me it is. If so, it’s the only writing course I’ve ever heard of that wants people NOT to talk about it. Though I think we can all guess the reasons why this might be

• Wow
How ridiculous. And - why? It's a writing course, not a top scoop with a tabloid. Why wouldn't she want maximum publicity from the happy attendees?
---

She shouldn't be running anywhere or doing anything other than giving a good six hours per day to the people who have paid good money to learn about creative writing. But I doubt that there are any people really there. Even on the boat rides all you can hear is total silence. People on courses tend to chat and point things out. Nothing.
---

I've just realised why this is. Der. She doesn't want anybody to report anything negative about her ramshackle teaching style.
If they have signed a disclosure then it's to feed her MASSIVE ego since she thinks she is famous enough to need one. When really it's to CONTROL what is said and printed for her already bad reputation.
We all know narcissistic abusers love nothing more than control don't we 🥴

Reactions: 2
In one video, how can one woman singlehandedly portrays a tourist revenue dependent city as so universally unappealing?

She highlights the graffiti which literally covers the city. I am shocked. Not creative graffiti. Gratuitous. This speaks volumes about the general discontent of the locals. Bags of litter and filth and streets and alleyways littered with dog sh’t. She even highlights how much 🐕💩 is everywhere.

The city she has showcased appears rundown, dank, grey, unloved and unkempt, swarming with tourists dragging their suitcases, devoid of smiles or any joy from locals or visitors alike.

Not a single person on the writing retreat is in sight or joined the walk. Oddly, they choose to visit a lunatic asylum during their stay in Venice, a city unique for its canals, not its asylums. This choice seems peculiar, They can find lunatic asylums to visit elsewhere in the UK or the world yet opt to focus an entire day on this and then lie in bed, showing no interest in joining Liz on her edgy exploration of Venice's dark, dingy alleyways and tacky stalls.

They aren’t staying in her flat. She did a quick estate agents viewing before she left on her verbally rambling walk around the back streets. They’ve either seen as much of the rundown city as they can bear or have booked into the asylum for some sanctuary away from Liz’s insanity.

In her profanity laced dialogue she claims she has no anger or hate in her. What an odd thing to proclaim?

Don’t we assume people aren’t hate filled or we already know that they are? We know she is. She is a living case study of vitriolic hate in action!

Meanwhile, Liz claims her writing retreaters are so laid-back that her punctuality or attendance hardly matters to them.

“Just two nights ago”—remarkably only a day BEFORE their arrival—they delved into discussions about the flaws in the publishing world. They did or she did… to herself?

My some stroke of luck, ALL of them are published authors participating in the retreat to focus on historical novels. How is Liz going to help them? She’s not published fiction? During her walk, she demonstrates her limited vocabulary is reducing, the more and more she becomes isolated from people.

To top it all, she trying to hard sell flat rentals but showing the area as the most depressing and dilapidated district in any European city I've visited.

After watching this video, I find it hard to compare Venice favourably with Cambridge, Oxford, London, Bath, York, Manchester, Edinburgh…..

And just in case you think for a moment she might be slightly sane, she speaks French and with an American accent throughout the “walk” / calorie burn.

The tiny bit of empathy I can muster for her sees a desperately lonely, desperately troubled woman. She’s hoodwinked people into spending time with her (if any one is on the retreat, but then can’t cope with being with people because it’s just so alien to her.

A few pics to add joy to your lives… Absolute Grottsville.
I couldn’t agree more. Venice is a bit of a “marmite” place anyway, depending on when you go and what you like. If you time it right the faded grandeur is charming, especially for an art history nerd and Italophile like me it’s amazing. But the back streets are shabby, in high season it’s absolutely over-run with visitors and can be smelly, and on grey days like her film it just looks run down and depressing. you can get totally ripped off for food and it’s a PITA to get around with a buggy or people with limited mobility because of all the feckin steps everywhere.

Shame she wasn’t there for Carnevale, pics of that would have been great.

Are we ready for more inconsistencies/ red flags?

According to two separate posts on X, “today”, the group performed time bending magic.

1) “Today (as in 22hrs ago - Friday) we took an unplanned trip to San Servolo, a former Benedictine monastery, then psychiatric asylum as research for various writing projects of those on my creative retreat.”

(actually referred to officially as a monastery of Benedictine monks, later an asylum for the insane, the island is now home to a museum and Venice International University, the latter gets no mention)

(As an fyi: Public information indicates that the number 20 vaporetto departs from San Zaccaria, stops at San Servolo and then continues. To visit San Lazzaro, take the mid-afternoon vaporetto to align with guided tours available on certain days. Always check the vaporetto stop notice for updates. The trip takes 20 minutes each way. 🤷‍♀️)

2) Today ( as in one day ago, can we assume Friday too as the ‘creatives’ only arrived on Friday?) we visited San Lazzaro, once a leper colony, then an Armenian monastery. Lord Byron stayed here in 1816/17.

(Myra Robinson’s article in Italy Magazine states that Byron, infamously known as “mad, bad, and dangerous to know,” took up Armenian language and culture to fight boredom. Aside from his womanising, he often swam to the island from his Grand Canal home for leisure. As others have mentioned, Byron and Fraser share a deep, adulterous connection.

3) and today (I can’t work out what day today is, but assume also yesterday!) we sat on the terrace and knew why. (I doubt the ‘creatives’ knew why!)

So, time bending, smoke and mirrors, lepers and the insane. Some might say this is money well spent, others not. I need a G&T!

I love this ability to be flexible and go with individual flow!
This is the sound of the lagoon:
---
I can’t decide if this is true or not. Please tell me it is. If so, it’s the only writing course I’ve ever heard of that wants people NOT to talk about it. Though I think we can all guess the reasons why this might be
Where does it say this? How insane.

Attachments

Thread title suggestion (great ones earlier upthread)

Liz Fraser: The Mercenary of Venice Visits The Asylum

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t really understand, if you wanted to visit a particular site in Venice for “research”, why you wouldn’t just go there. Why would you pay £100’s for Liz to accompany you? What value is she adding here, exactly?

• Wow
Absolute lies was she live on LBC. Absolute lies. I’ve been listening to LBC all afternoon and I can categorically state that Liz Fraser was on with the same confidence I can tell you this photo is an incredibly dodgy photoshop work of fiction.

She is insane!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
@burgundybrin That is some next level sleuthing. We ALL know that Liz is extremely anal - there is absolutely no way she would leave the clock like that. How utterly hilarious.
She’s just posted a photo showing an elderly lady’s hand ( Venetian friend with no social Media - who has no idea she’s being a hand prop? Hope it’s not an actual elderly lady who has flown out

Can someone snappier than me please screenshot that clock

So right about the shadows too! Undeniable

If she got all her delegates (all one/none of them) to sign a NDA, then surely she can't actually ask them for testimonials to put on her social media, can she? She really is stupid. She's got them to sign for one reason and one reason only: she's aware she's not a good teacher and that somebody might well complain. I really, really hope they do (if they exist, which is pretty unlikely).
---
Absolute lies was she live on LBC. Absolute lies. I’ve been listening to LBC all afternoon and I can categorically state that Liz Fraser was on with the same confidence I can tell you this photo is an incredibly dodgy photoshop work of fiction.

She is insane!
I'd be pretty f'd off if I was one of her 'guests' (not even calling them delegates or writing clients now) and she kept either going off to do radio (or not) and going off running, or going off to do washing etc.

I STILL don’t think they exist.
Absolutely no way would anyone sane sit in their kitchen, pretend it’s lunchtime, pretend they have done hours of work, pretend they’re marking a manuscript and then MORTIFYINGLY show it’s 9.30 am in a clear clock shot and also, as very correctly pointed out, clearly morning shadows.

Absolutely bonkers
Her lies are absolutely astounding

She must have really warped the minds of those she was cheating / cheating with.
---
I think that’s why she’s so jittery and delighted in those videos as she loves to lie and trick people.

I guess she invited an elderly Acquaintance to visit the tower and go to Florian so she could provide the photo of the hand next to her drinking a cocktail

Here’s the 9.30am shot!

This was in a reel where she said she’d already been for ‘a long walk’ followed by ‘a two-hour editorial meeting with my writing retreat’ followed by her editing someone’s 10,000 word copy. All by 9.30am!

Yay for you Liz!
IMG_8953.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Ps

another very correct observation above

who in earth would have time to run, walk, laundry etc in the very middle of a retreat day hosted in a foreign country when meant to be hosting workshops with guests 😂 utterly mad
---
Many thanks @SharkAttack as I wouldn’t be surprised if that gets wiped

or she pretends the clock is broken

and the sun too eh Liz?
---
The fact that she pretends to be overcome to tears about the imaginary manuscript too. She’s not mad she’s BAD she is a deeply deceptive individual with no limits to how she will ‘fake’ being kind or good. That is why she bangs in about it so much, trying to convince

Last edited:
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.