Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Elle Woods

VIP Member
Driving in the autumn/winter when the sun is really low which is blinding enough, then you've got wet roads giving off loads of glare practically making it impossible to see anything

Reactions: 20

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Yeah, I always feel like the person on the till is judging me for pressing no 🤣
I refuse to support random charities.

When you see stuff like the Tom Moore debacle, or the likes of Cashley Cain lining his own pockets (there's loads more examples unfortunately) it really puts me off donating to any except a very very select few.

• Heart

Goldilocks3108

VIP Member
When you’re a weird shape and struggle to find trousers that fit, so on the rare occasion that you do find some, you decide to buy an identical pair - same colour, same size. Only the second pair never, ever fit as well as the first pair - literally every time!
---

Kate94

Went out for a meal with a friend and could barely hear her over the noise of a child's ipad playing out loud. I can't believe how some parents think that's fine!

• Wow

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Everytime anyone on the local Facebook page tries to sell clothes, baby stuff, household stuff, etc, there's a particular woman who comments "I'm sure the multibank at St whatsit Church would appreciate this to help someone in need."

Now the multi bank does amazing work locally, they've helped a lot of people, and they have a lot of local support. But life is expensive and sometimes people want or need to make some money back for themselves. They don't need to be emotionally blackmailed into donating stuff.

Sketchy

VIP Member
People taking selfies/having their photos taken and doing that sideways V thing with their fingers. Gets on my tits every time - especially if they stick their tongue out at the same time. Fuck off, I don't want to see your rank white-coated tongue. :sick: And quit it with the stupid sideways V fingers thing, it's so last decade, if not last century. Mostly the young'uns, I have to admit. Young'uns, stop it!

Ooh! I do feel better for getting that orf me chest. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 19

JoJo76

VIP Member
A close friend was like this with me, didn’t speak for a while then all of a sudden she kept messaging me for money. No fucking chance.
This is an old work colleague. I used to help her out a lot by making extra packed lunches for work for her as I know she struggled with money as a single Mum. But she should not be smoking if she is skint! I actually defriended her after she was let go at work as her FB started to annoy me, even though I felt sorry for her. She obviously never even noticed.

IMG_6247.jpeg
IMG_6248.jpeg

• Wow

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Autumn. When did it become such a big thing? Autumn is shit. We get a few days of pretty colours, then the leaves fall down and get all wet and slimy. It's cold, damp and miserable most of the time, and the dark nights start.
There's even Autumn decor shit in the shops. Who's got time for that?

Load of old shite.

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
Parents giving empty threats winds me up. There was a kid being an absolute shitbag in the supermarket yesterday. Throwing stuff around, screaming, running away from his parents...obviously we ran into them on every bloody aisle 🙄
His Mum must've said "if you don't stop it you'll sit in the trolley" and "if you don't be a good boy you won't get a cookie" about 30 times. He was still running wild by the time we got to the checkouts, so the trolley threat went nowhere. Then as we were walking to the car park they were in front of us, and the Dad was carrying the little darling while he munched on his cookie. So the kid learnt that behaving like a hooligan gets you a treat.

If you're not going to follow through with a threat, don't use it. You're teaching your kids nothing, and they'll always know they can do what they want with no consequences.

Hastaggifted

VIP Member
I am currently hating the begging charity adverts on TV, asking you to donate money via direct debit to help donkeys/children/homeless people/clean water for African countries. I do give to charity but I won't be guilt tripped into doing so. I sometimes wonder how much these adverts cost?
I've noticed a few shops now you have to push the red button on the card machine to decline them rounding up your total to the nearest £ for some charity you've never heard of!

• Wow
  • Sad

Hollie Day

VIP Member
Asked him to get sellotape from wh smiths and he comes back very pleased with himself for finding two rolls for £1.50 ìn a bargain shop. Its so thin it just splits and tears when you try and pull it off. I've just binned them. Fucking useless...the sellotape and him!!

• Haha
  • Heart

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
Too many parents try to be their children’s friend. You aren’t their friend, you are their parent, so act like it.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
People who message you just when it suits them, then you don't hear from them for ages again, until they are bored/ filling in time on a bus journey or whatever.

One of my sisters will 'reply' with something that has nothing to do with what you messaged them, I asked her recently 'did you get my message' because it was a bit like...

Me 'I broke my leg in 10 places'
Her 'The weather is rubbish here today'.

I'm exaggerating - I didn't break my leg but anyway. 🙄😁
Needed to get that off my chest!

theweekend

Sorry another driving one, you can tell I’ve started commuting by car to work!

I just don’t physically understand why whenever I’m driving on a wide, smooth, beautiful national speed limit A road I am always stuck behind someone crawling at 40mph. On the motorway it’s people doing 65 in the right lane, not progressing and refusing to move over while car after car undertakes them. Yet when I’m on a country road I’m being tailgated on a winding potholey lane, with massive 4x4s flying round blind bends without a single fuck to give. Similarly when driving down a single lane (cars parked both sides) residential road, people are just flying down them at 35mph only to slam on their brakes when you come round a corner as if you’ve appeared out of nowhere. Like???

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
The smell of vapes there's someone using one at the bus stop and it smells absolutely vile she's coughing her lungs up too so probably tastes vile as well
And when they're vaping whilst walking down the street and the cloud goes intgo everyone walking behind them. So inconsiderate. I make a point of dramatically stepping to the side and tutting loudly.

• Haha

emphiii

The new stickers on wrapping paper to avoid wrapping the whole thing in plastic. It takes ages to get them off and you end up ripping half the wrapping paper in the process...I feel like I'd rather pollute the environment in this case please, thanks!

• Heart
  • Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I bought a little carved wooden box thing off Amazon, specifically to hold the remote controls. It currently holds a pair of reading glasses, a pair of scissors, a charging wire for an iPhone and a biro. I can't find the sodding remote.

• Haha
Reactions: 18

bozlem3080

Chatty Member
Work in retail & it pisses me off when a customer comes in first thing in the morning buys says a can of pop for £1 & gives me £20, they open their purse wallet & inside is £5, £10 & £20 notes, I ask if have anything smaller they say no, I have bloody seen that you have, but stay quiet, I then hand them over £19 in £1 & £2 coins as have plenty of them in the till then say ‘sorry I don’t have any notes & can’t reopen the till now’! They just leave huffing & puffing, I did ask if had anything smaller & they fucking lied to me!

• Haha
Reactions: 18