Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ThatB***hCarolBaskin

When people refer to there broken down cars as ‘poorly’.

Work colleagues car broke this weekend and all she’s gone on about is her ‘poorly car’ and how it’s in the car hospital.

it’s fucking broke Sharon and it’s in the garage, not a hospital!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 23

AlwightDallin

VIP Member
An old school friend on FB posting a picture of a caravan and her hand with the key with the caption ‘this can only mean one thing - we’ve bought a caravan!’ You don’t effing say, Jennifer, no need to call Columbo out for this one love! My toxic trait is becoming annoyed at people on FB I could easily delete.

Also she put her tree up on Nov 1st the absolute cabbage.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

EvilJigglypuff

VIP Member
On the same scale, people who stand up when the plane stops. Where. Are. You. Going?? Unless you’ve a connecting flight, what’s the rush? Your suitcase will take ages to get on the carousel anyway 🤣
And getting on the plane. Jesus Christ. Find your seat and fucking sit in it! Don’t block the aisle for god knows how long, dicking around with your bag and your coat, while the rest of us stand there watching 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 22

BasilRathbon

When you ask for a sausage roll in Gregg's and they ask "meat or vegan?". Well of course I want a meat one, that's what a sausage roll is, it's sausage MEAT wrapped in puff pastry! If I wanted a vegan sausage roll I'd say " Can I have a vegan sausage roll please".

And anyway, it must be obvious to the assistant I'm not vegan as I don't look pale, unwell and tired!

• Haha

malibu skies

VIP Member
When you go to the cupboard to get a snack and realise you already ate it yesterday and there are no snacks 😭

• Sad
  • Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Films these days. Everything is either a sequel, a superhero franchise or a remake. Nobody needs another version of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory.
---
Ceramic cups that say "not suitable for dishwasher or microwave use" Fuck off!! It's whole purpose is to hold boiling water, how is it unable to withstand the dishwasher or microwave?
I just do it anyway. I like to live life on the edge.

• Haha

griftalo

VIP Member
Oh yes, and it's the same when doing your hair. Looks great for work when I literally just blast it with the dryer and go. When I try to do a proper blow-dry, it ends up either really lank, or all staticky and flying all over the place 😭😭
How about when you tie your hair up in a bun for a shower, it looks okay, but you take it out to wear down, it then looks shit, so you put it up again and that bun looks shitter than the first? Then it looks shit up AND down and then you wish you’d just washed it but you’re dressed by this point and run out of time.

• Haha
  • Wow

mochibean

VIP Member
Parents giving empty threats winds me up. There was a kid being an absolute shitbag in the supermarket yesterday. Throwing stuff around, screaming, running away from his parents...obviously we ran into them on every bloody aisle 🙄
His Mum must've said "if you don't stop it you'll sit in the trolley" and "if you don't be a good boy you won't get a cookie" about 30 times. He was still running wild by the time we got to the checkouts, so the trolley threat went nowhere. Then as we were walking to the car park they were in front of us, and the Dad was carrying the little darling while he munched on his cookie. So the kid learnt that behaving like a hooligan gets you a treat.

If you're not going to follow through with a threat, don't use it. You're teaching your kids nothing, and they'll always know they can do what they want with no consequences.
One thing that annoyed me in retail was being brought into the threat. I'd have parents say 'stop or the lady will tell you off' like no I won't discipline your own child ffs don't get me involved.

uberoblique

Chatty Member
Cafes and restaurants who serve your food on a napkin on the plate and don’t give you another one to wipe your hands. What’s the point of putting the food on a napkin on a plate that’s going to be washed anyway?

Reactions: 21

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
I was so upset and mad we had a perfectly nice conversation about his dog
Turns out my husband had told him I didn’t want a dog, I’ve never wanted one because I’m allergic to animal fur and I don’t want one, my husband always makes a big thing about wanting one but I know he just likes the ‘idea’ of having a dog
Anyhoo apparently this bloke had brought his dog round to convince me that I should get one like his 🤷‍♀️ he felt angry that he couldn’t get his point cross about his dog
I didn’t know about the conversation they had had as far as I was aware he was some random bloke my husband works with who had knocked on to speak to him on his way to take the dog for a walk
But apparently he was making a sales pitch for dogs 🙈and I was awful for laughing at his jokes 🤷‍♀️and not treating him like some wise old dog whisperer and I didn’t thank him
And even typing it all Im thinking WTF

🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Next time he comes round, answer the door, then pop back in to call your husband and say “ it’s that boring dog whisperer again” just loud enough for him to hear.

• Haha

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I get irrationally annoyed with my Apple watch. It's like having my mother strapped to my wrist. 'You've been sitting too long, stand up!' and 'It's too noisy in here, move to somewhere quieter' followed by 'You are at risk of damaging your hearing permanently if you don't move away from the noise' and most irritating of all 'It's 9pm, time to start winding down for bed'.

LEAVE. ME. ALONE

Anyone wanna buy a secondhand Apple watch? ;)

• Haha
  • Sad

JoJo76

VIP Member
When I forget to shake the ketchup bottle and end up with a load of ketchup piss.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Sketchy

VIP Member
All this 'you're a racist' crap.

It was inferred today - by an 18 yr old relative - that I was racist ... because I said I didn't like rap music. :rolleyes:

I did point out that Eminem was a rap artist, but didn't bother informing the little twonk that my favourite genres are, and always were, Reggae, Soul, Rhythm & Blues and Northern Soul.

God, but some of these Gen Zs are exhausting! :eek:

• Heart

DiscoBiscuit

VIP Member
“I’ve got a cold”
“Go get some antibiotics” 😬
A common one that appears on one of our local Facebook pages is "does anyone have any spare antibiotics lying around? I can't get into the Drs."

Firstly, nobody should have any "spare" because you're supposed to take the full course. Secondly, why the hell are you taking any prescription medicine that you've not been told by a medical professional you actually need??

• Wow

boojange

VIP Member
Sayings are my bugbear. In particular.

'The one that made me a Mummy'

'365 days of loving you'

Piss off, you twats.

Live
Laugh
Jackoff

• Haha