Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Always - but currently more than usual - people coughing/sneezing without covering their mouth. 👊😷

Reactions: 3
Always - but currently more than usual - people coughing/sneezing without covering their mouth. 👊😷
Yeah i tell my stepdaughter off make a thing of it so she knows it's wrong. but the other day in town she said and pointed that lady is being naughty shes coughing and not covering her mouth. Lady looked straight at me giving me a dirty look. I said yes your right she shouldn't be spreading her germs no one wants but it's wrong to point.

Reactions: 1
As you probably all can tell I spend most of my time annoyed now its bus timetables saying every 10 minutes at the bus stop and there isnt one for over 45minutes if they have no intention in putting that service on why advertise it

Not sure if this has been mentioned but socks that wriggle down inside shoes/trainers. My God. Rage levels off the hook.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
People who complain about their relationship but never do anything about it. Argue, don’t speak, make up, argue, don’t speak, make up. Make your mind up and stop moaning. Put up and shut up or get out and leave them!!!

Reactions: 5
People standing on my heels and breathing down my neck in a queue. No awareness of personal space!

Something that's happened to me lately which really grinds my gears!

Z Listers that post on Instagram, I then politely ask (as do others) where something is from and they completely ignore me but are quick to respond to other Z Listers when they comment using a 🔥 or 💓 emoji.

The (what I feel) is the social media phenomenon of people celebrating their own birthday for 47 weeks of the year. It’s a birthDAY NOT birthWEEK, birthWEEKEND, birthMONTH etc. Driving me mental at the mo.
Honestly, there’s a girl I know who has been celebrating via Instagram stories and photos for 11 f*cking days.
aaaaand it’s her 33rd.

wtf is that?! Rage inducing!

yes no issues with the “big” birthdays extending but just any old age? Nope.

The (what I feel) is the social media phenomenon of people celebrating their own birthday for 47 weeks of the year. It’s a birthDAY NOT birthWEEK, birthWEEKEND, birthMONTH etc. Driving me mental at the mo.
Honestly, there’s a girl I know who has been celebrating via Instagram stories and photos for 11 f*cking days.
aaaaand it’s her 33rd.

What, I was going to celebrate my birthday the whole year. Just kidding! I agree, and I want to say to those people... You are not that special... no one cares at all if it was your birthday days ago!!!

Reactions: 2
What, I was going to celebrate my birthday the whole year. Just kidding! I agree, and I want to say to those people... You are not that special... no one cares at all if it was your birthday days ago!!!
hahah! Honestly it’s so annoying! Even worse when folk share stories of people wishing them happy birthday.Wtf?! I’ve wished you happy birthday, I expect your friends and family will continue to do so, why share them all?!

These types of folk are prime candidate for a caption along the lines of “the boy did good” under a MK bag 🙄🙄

• Haha
aaaaand it’s her 33rd.

Ha, this birthday chat reminds me so much of an episode of Curb where Larry is invited to Ben Stiller’s birthday party, two weeks after the actual date, and it really bothers him. This is one of many rants on the subject -
Pre social media too, but he’s more right than ever now.

On this subject, I hated the trend of spamming someone’s page on their birthday with photos of you with them. It seems to have died down a bit in recent years, but talk about making someone’s birthday all about you... it can be a sweet thing to reminisce about good times with someone you love but seems much more genuine as a private message

• Haha
When you try to get off a train/bus or out a lift and everyone is queuing right in front of the doors so you can't get out and they start bundling in.

Reactions: 4
People that breath loud when they eat!
Loud noises in general.
Fidgeting when watching a film.
Tbh everything atm im nearly 6month pregnant so breathing right now just pisses me off😂😂

• Haha
When you try to get off a train/bus or out a lift and everyone is queuing right in front of the doors so you can't get out and they start bundling in.
Make a gap people 😤 I have to do a weird snake around to get out from the crowd

CASHIERS!

The ones who continue to serve the person behind you before you’ve even put your purse away!

duck me sandra... 🤦🏻‍♀️
When they're chatting amongst themselves and don't even acknowledge you're there ! So bloody rude ! I'm like ..... Hello, are you working today ?🤔

I hate most things but here are some that really grind my gears:-

- "Not gonna lie" ...person proceeds to lie!
Yes !!!!
And when people say "I love Sandra to bits but .... " And proceed to slag off

Or "I'm not being funny but .... "

And I have a bloke at work that constantly says " oh that's good from you " I really want to punch him as he says it after everything when he's talking to people. Idiot 😂

Just thought of something else ... When we have foody days at work ( basically everyone brings in food for everyone to share) + there's EMPTY packets left in the table.
So annoying when you think "ooh I fancy a Bakewell to go with my coffee* only to find the box is empty ! Grrrr

Last edited:
Yes !!!!
And when people say "I love Sandra to bits but .... " And proceed to slag off

Or "I'm not being funny but .... "

And I have a bloke at work that constantly says " oh that's good from you " I really want to punch him as he says it after everything when he's talking to people. Idiot 😂

The most annoying for me is “no offence but... “ followed by something offensive. It’s like they think it’s a magic phrase which will make whoever they’re talking to not take issue with what they’re saying

Just wish they’d say their opinion without that phrase, no idea what compels people to say it!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.