Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way my partner:
1. Toothpaste splashes the bathroom mirror every single time
2. Has socks that shed bits all over the bedroom carpet and get stuck in the suction pads of the shower mat
3. Misses something every time he does the dishes (most often a pot lid)
4. Doesn't drink tea, but makes the best cuppa. Does drink coffee and makes the worst.

Love him loads but roll on the end of lockdown 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
People who watch live TV and sit through the adverts. It feels like such a waste of time 🤣

I feel like logically if you record things or download them to skip the adverts every time you would have more “viewing time” and therefore watch more of things you enjoy???

People who start all their sentences with “so...”
Labels sticking out of clothes.
When people’s ears poke out through their hair 🤢.
People that open crisp packets upside down. 😡
OMG the ears sticking out of hair - gets me everytime 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The way my partner:
1. Toothpaste splashes the bathroom mirror every single time
2. Has socks that shed bits all over the bedroom carpet and get stuck in the suction pads of the shower mat
3. Misses something every time he does the dishes (most often a pot lid)
4. Doesn't drink tea, but makes the best cuppa. Does drink coffee and makes the worst.

Love him loads but roll on the end of lockdown 😂😂😂
I’ve already told my OH once lockdown lifts and it’s safe to, I’m going on a OH holiday away from him for a bit 🤣 we work together too so lockdown has nearly broke us - he’s the messiest person ever!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
(Sorry if you do this) when people use the phrase "global pandemic" surely the word pandemic alone implies it's global?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
OMG the ears sticking out of hair - gets me everytime 😂😂
What does this mean? The appearances of people with thin hair and/or sticky-out ears annoy you? :ROFLMAO: I didn’t know this was a thing!
(Sorry if you do this) when people use the phrase "global pandemic" surely the word pandemic alone implies it's global?
My personal gripe is “two twins” - of course there’s two of them!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What does this mean? The appearances of people with thin hair and/or sticky-out ears annoy you? :ROFLMAO: I didn’t know this was
It doesn’t annoy me personally (I was quoting the other poster) but it did tickle me as when I see it in real life I just wonder why 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ Can the hair not go behind the ears??

Reactions: 1
People who don’t put their trolleys back and leave them dotted about the car park!! :mad:

Also a bit of specific one for military families but it’s my pet peeve :cautious: *those* military wives who borrow their husband’s rank to try and pull it on you in the middle of Tesco. Couldn’t care less hun:LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
It doesn’t annoy me personally (I was quoting the other poster) but it did tickle me as when I see it in real life I just wonder why 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ Can the hair not go behind the ears??
Ah I see what you mean!
I’ve really flat ears but I went through a teenage phase of using a baseball cap to push them out and surrounding them with hair (no idea why :ROFLMAO:), I thought it was such a look 🤦🏻‍♀️

Think I got it from the hairstyle that was really cool in Asia a few years ago

Ah I see what you mean!
I’ve really flat ears but I went through a teenage phase of using a baseball cap to push them out and surrounding them with hair (no idea why :ROFLMAO:), I thought it was such a look 🤦🏻‍♀️

Think I got it from the hairstyle that was really cool in Asia a few years ago
I have laughed out loud imagining that hair style. Maybe 2020 is the year to bring it back 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My latest gripe is people sharing their sweaty faces on IG to prove they've done a hard workout.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Bad spelling. At work, I often get asked to order someone some “Stationary” - or a message saying “I left something in your “draw”

• Haha
People who say 'Well I'm no expert, but....'
and then proceed to spout off about something they clearly know nothing about.

• Haha
People that use trendy words simply because they are trendy, “woke” is the latest one and it boils my blood.

People that look at you like you have 2 heads because you don’t have Facebook, it’s full of attention seeking narcissists and people of a certain age should not be posting selfies, ie people aged 30 and over, and men that post selfies at any age, cringe! Imo social media for selfies should be strictly a female thing. People that kiss arses on FB, some less than average looking person will put up a less than average picture and people will say “stunning hun” etc etc, no they’re not stunning in the slightest so wtf are you after?!😡😡

People that live their relationships on Facebook and comment on each other’s pictures WHEN THEY ARE IN THE SAME bleeping HOUSE AT THE SAME TIME, grow up and happy people don’t share their relationship all over Facebook.

Trends that the whole of the UK seem to get into at the same time, what happened to being an individual?

Women that wear glasses just for fashion yet don’t need them, stupid.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Those that say 'going to go'. As in "I'm going to go to the hairdresser".

It's ingrained in me because my parents pulled me up on it every time. Presumably because their parents did too 😂
You wouldn't say doing to do or having to have!

I'm not keen on murdering adverbs either but I think these days that's more of a dialect thing rather than bad grammar.
So, 'I read it careful', rather than 'I read it carefully'.

Sometimes you just need to disguise the lugs though! Or in my case the one lug that sticks out. In future though I'll remember that it's better out than a bit tucked in but peeking through 😂

• Haha
My personal gripe is “two twins” - of course there’s two of them!
Another one of mine is similar, I HATE it when people say ‘7am in the morning’ like yes, that’s what the ‘am’ is there for? It’s not going to be 7am in the evening is it!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
1. when people walk in the MIDDLE of the path, see you walking and don’t move over (this was annoying pre covid- now it’s just even more inconsiderate!)
2. When a stranger feels the need to tell you “cheer up/smile”- um WHAT?! This happened twice to me when I was working in retail. On both occasions I was fine but simply bored but there were occasions in the same job where I had gone to work the day after my first boyfriend of 4 years had broken up with me, and I found out a I had a long lost brother. Definitely wouldn’t have looked happy after either of those. I think it’s rude to say that, we have no idea how much effort it has taken for someone to simply get up and get out of the door.
3. People who put something about being upset/angry/ checking into A and E on Facebook, then when someone comments asking what’s up they either don’t reply or say don’t want to talk about it. Why put a status if you don’t want to talk?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
People who confuse ‘amount’ and ‘number’.
“The amount of people in the shop was crazy.”
Sorry, WHAT?

The increasing number of people who use the word ‘of’ in place of ‘have’: “I should of gone to the gym last night.”

People who have the audacity to type and print out a sign, but absolutely butcher the English language in the process. I went into work one day to see an A4 sign up on the wall, above some old merchandise. It read: ‘THIS STOCK IS BROKE AND IS TO BE WROTE OFF THE SYSTEM AND THREW OUT.’
🤢🤮😩🔫 Please just let me gouge my eyes out and throw them at your horrendous sign 😩😭🔫

Might I add it was a supervisor who wrote this, and we are one of the biggest High Street chains. I despair 😩.

• Haha
Bad spelling. At work, I often get asked to order someone some “Stationary” - or a message saying “I left something in your “draw”
I worked in WHSmith when I was at college and to this day (over 20 years later) think stationery with an e for envelopes 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.