Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. when people walk in the MIDDLE of the path, see you walking and don’t move over (this was annoying pre covid- now it’s just even more inconsiderate!)
2. When a stranger feels the need to tell you “cheer up/smile”- um WHAT?! This happened twice to me when I was working in retail. On both occasions I was fine but simply bored but there were occasions in the same job where I had gone to work the day after my first boyfriend of 4 years had broken up with me, and I found out a I had a long lost brother. Definitely wouldn’t have looked happy after either of those. I think it’s rude to say that, we have no idea how much effort it has taken for someone to simply get up and get out of the door.
3. People who put something about being upset/angry/ checking into A and E on Facebook, then when someone comments asking what’s up they either don’t reply or say don’t want to talk about it. Why put a status if you don’t want to talk?!
Attention! The whole of Facebook is full of attention seekers! I hate when someone has been on holiday and they come back and put a “hi everyone I’m back” and everyone posts “hi”, like if these folks were your real friends then surely you would’ve kept in touch with them whilst you were away?! It’s all people that are full of their own self importance and social media doesn’t help with these things.

Also I don’t get folks that put ALL their private family pics up for all to see, who cares about your mothers 50th party, nobody gives a tit except you and the people that know your mother.

Also guys seem to find every woman on FB gorgeous and it’s a sign of how desperate for a woman they are because they are average at best but these guys tell all women the same thing.

Mothers that put up pics of their kids with breathing masks etc and other things fromhospital etc, isn’t that what DeeDee Blanchard did to her daughter Gypsy Rose and she had Munchausens? I always think of MBP now or attention seeking disorder when I see pics like that.

Also people that argue all over FB, it’s low class and very fishwivey, you get a pass if your under 30 due to your age but any older than that then your a fishwife, get off FB and go round to someone’s door and knock them out 👊🏼👊🏼👊🏼 As that’s so much classier than ‘arguing’ on FB 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
People who post pictures of their children in hospital..there is literally NO reason to exploit your kid by showing them on a public platform with a tube up their nose!!

The only exception is when it's an awareness post e.g a woman posted a pic of her daughter in hospital, followed by pictures of the symptoms and a post about being fobbed up, encouraging other mums not to take no for an answer but the feeding tube is just ridiculous

• Heart
People who talk continually about themselves and their family and don't even ask you how you are. I am shocked how many people lack self awareness and just talk at you.
I work with a few like that. Makes for a long night shift.

Reactions: 7
I hate bragging/boasting, I know 2 people who are really bad for this and I'm so glad I have nothing to do with them anymore. I think its really vulgar and looks like you have nothing to be going on about things.

Change the subject, thats what I do now with these types.

Reactions: 1
I hate bragging/boasting, I know 2 people who are really bad for this and I'm so glad I have nothing to do with them anymore. I think its really vulgar and looks like you have nothing to be going on about things.

Change the subject, thats what I do now with these types.
If I could get away with wearing my headphones I would.

On another note; people who constantly cut you off when you’re in the middle of speaking. Rude.

Reactions: 4
OMG the worst

E.g they're talking about your son so you mention a family member then they just revert the subject back to their son?? Read the room

People who don't know how to buy generic gifts also annoy me!! Secret santa at work gifted me a scarf when I've never once worn a scarf to work? If you're stuck get a novelty gift or something generic like alcohol or chocolate!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Pregnant women posing for a photo holding their stomach like they have a ball in their hands.
Ridiculous maternity photos of the pregnant woman usually dressed in a lace dress/kimono thing lying in a 'milk bath' with flower petals tossed in for good measure. Ugh!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
In hospital atm and a man on the ward who went to the toilet twice before I did had left the seat up. At a time like this being hyper vigilant with the virus and hygiene and he expects others to touch his pissy seat afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!! I was waiting for him to try and say something friendly & try to start a convo as I was ready to BITE HIS HEAD OFF

Bloody NERO SOFTWARE again, their software is always on offer, emails, desktop pop ups, my version is old but has no expiry date, why would I start paying for a yearly subscription. duck OFF NERO!

Baby showers in fancy, overpriced hotels, reality stars I am talking to all of you! Plus baby showers are American not British so don’t make them a ‘thing’ here.

The use of the word ‘sick’ boils my bleeping blood😡😡 and it only should only mean one thing, that you are bleeping sick as in unwell, it gives me the rage that the TOWIE lot all use it, I also cringe every time they say it.

I don’t like how Americans have a saying that the UK picks up 5 years later, fair enough I like, and use the saying “threw me under the bus” (I got that from Orange County housewives) 😂😂 but that’s about it.

Friends who lose interest in you when they find a fella 🙄 Used to text my best mate all the time, but when she met this bloke she wouldn’t text me when she was with him. I’d text her say 7pm and she wouldn’t reply til this morning “because she was with him”. It wound me up so much I stopped texting her and now we very rarely text. Feels like a forced friendship at this point.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Friends who lose interest in you when they find a fella 🙄 Used to text my best mate all the time, but when she met this bloke she wouldn’t text me when she was with him. I’d text her say 7pm and she wouldn’t reply til this morning “because she was with him”. It wound me up so much I stopped texting her and now we very rarely text. Feels like a forced friendship at this point.
Agreed! I have a mate like this. Found out last week that she has been letting her bf stay at her house for 3-4 days at a time during all of lockdown. They both have asthma and she thinks she hasn’t done anything wrong! Feels like she has changed completely when she met that dick 6 months ago.

Agreed! I have a mate like this. Found out last week that she has been letting her bf stay at her house for 3-4 days at a time during all of lockdown. They both have asthma and she thinks she hasn’t done anything wrong! Feels like she has changed completely when she met that dick 6 months ago.
Ugh! And you can guarantee if the subject of why we don’t speak anymore ever comes up they’ll try and blame it on you! 🙄

My neighbours 4 dogs that bark morning, noon & night because they are never walked
Walking behind someone hogging the middle of the pavement & they are walking at a snails pace, say ‘excuse me’ don’t listen so end up walking in the road
Being the first to get to the bus stop & the last to get on because everyone barges in front of you
Having to make different meals for everyone in my house because they are too lazy make their own (teenagers who have lost the use of their arms & apparently I’m such a bad mum)
My husband coming in from work & lying on the settee & then nobody else can sit down

Reactions: 3
Those Nationwide adverts!!! 🤬😡🤬😡🤬😡
the poetry ones.
the lockdown ones.
the two wazzocks singing.
i hate them all!

and breathe....

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
My MIL popping around when ever she fancies. I'll be chillin in the living room and she will start banging on the window for a chat. I know were stuck in but give me a text 5 mins before you come will you 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
You literally can’t do anything in my office without someone commenting, really grates on me. A fart literally starts a debate.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.