Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another one! When I tell people I don’t want children and they say ‘you’ll change your mind’ or ‘you just haven’t met the right person’

Reactions: 12
Oh people middle lane hogging. The inside lane is bleeping empty. Use it! Casually along at 50mph. Then when you go into the outside lane to overtake them they suddenly decide they want to do 70 and have a stand off with you.

Pure rage

Reactions: 7
Another one! When I tell people I don’t want children and they say ‘you’ll change your mind’ or ‘you just haven’t met the right person’
i hate this!!! or when people tell me its a shame i wont be a mum as im good with kids

soz hun im 31 i know i dont want any 🙃

Reactions: 11
People at lidi that think it's cute to let their 2 year old fill the huge belt from the back meaning no one else can unload and holds up everyone. Then when they go to pack away one person does it slowly while the other plays with the kid not helping at all.

Reactions: 4
@Yel
This has triggered a RANT!!!!!
There is one reason I HATE shopping during the holidays, parents who bring their obnoxious, bratty, loud little children with them.
don't get me wrong, I don't mind parents bringing their kids 😏
they’re kinda stuck, can’t leave them chained to the lamppost and all that...
My problem is with parents who let their sticky, screaming, little brats run around like it’s soft-play or their own front room.
We ALL know THOSE KIDS. over the weekend I saw a little boy having the BIGGEST meltdown, because his sister was holding the self scan gun and he wanted it, He lost his actual tit, things were being thrown, screaming for everyone to hear, Mummy did absolutely nothing, didn’t even try and stop him, just ignored it all 😐 the whispers and stares did nothing to encourage her to discipline her own child 🤷‍♀️

But best of all.....the ones who laugh because little “jimmy” (who's beating the tit out of his sister with a tiger bread) is just a character isn’t he. So spirited.
No, your child is not a character, your child belongs in a cage.
NOT in the bakery section of Asda.

Reactions: 12
People calling me love and darling that don’t know me!
Also people that call me Vic - you can only call me this if your my friend!
People who walk slowly 😴
I could go on and on!

Reactions: 3
This has triggered a RANT!!!!!
There is one reason I HATE shopping during the holidays, parents who bring their obnoxious, bratty, loud little children with them.
don't get me wrong, I don't mind parents bringing their kids 😏
they’re kinda stuck, can’t leave them chained to the lamppost and all that...
My problem is with parents who let their sticky, screaming, little brats run around like it’s soft-play or their own front room.
We ALL know THOSE KIDS. over the weekend I saw a little boy having the BIGGEST meltdown, because his sister was holding the self scan gun and he wanted it, He lost his actual tit, things were being thrown, screaming for everyone to hear, Mummy did absolutely nothing, didn’t even try and stop him, just ignored it all 😐 the whispers and stares did nothing to encourage her to discipline her own child 🤷‍♀️

But best of all.....the ones who laugh because little “jimmy” (who's beating the tit out of his sister with a tiger bread) is just a character isn’t he. So spirited.
No, your child is not a character, your child belongs in a cage.
NOT in the bakery section of Asda.
Had a women in the supermarket in front of me like this. When it came to paying found out why the kids were brats. She couldn’t do the contactless because it was more than £30 and didn’t know her pin so started literally throwing all her shopping at the cashier and stormed out. In the bottom of the stuff she threw was half drunk/eaten food she’d given her kid on the way round 😂😂😂 I had to stand and wait for ten minutes for them to clear the conveyor belt back up

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Had a women in the supermarket in front of me like this. When it came to paying found out why the kids were brats. She couldn’t do the contactless because it was more than £30 and didn’t know her pin so started literally throwing all her shopping at the cashier and stormed out. In the bottom of the stuff she threw was half drunk/eaten food she’d given her kid on the way round 😂😂😂 I had to stand and wait for ten minutes for them to clear the conveyor belt back up
Like I know kids need to be let out in public but couldn’t they just have certain areas that they’re allowed to visit until they’re at least 16 🤦‍♀️
To be honest...I blame the parents. 😬
(If there’s a sentence that will anger the masses it’s that 😆)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Like I know kids need to be let out in public but couldn’t they just have certain areas that they’re allowed to visit until they’re at least 16 🤦‍♀️
To be honest...I blame the parents. 😬
(If there’s a sentence that will anger the masses it’s that 😆)
Try ikea in the holidays. It’s like they’ve just dropped their kids off at school time and left them all day ready to collect after work.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
In IKEA the parents will let a 5 year old ram people with their trolly piled high then give you a dirty look when they ram it into you.

I was selling my house and one set of parents thought it was perfectly acceptable for their kid to pick up my Swiss ball and start chucking it at the walls and knocking things over.

Not all parents are like that, but you just can't go anywhere with out a great deal of little annoying shits. Children in my family are well behaved when out with me, they know they can't get away with it.

Then again most adults are rude fucks that don't say thank you when you hold a door open for them or when out of your way to help them with directions. I've met lots of people, I'd be fine being royalty now and not having to mix with them ever again.

People who don't even look at you when you have held a door open for them.

When you begin to learn an instrument as an adult beginner, i.e. violin, and you play through an exercise and people insist on telling you you haven't quite got the technique right etc, when they don't even play that instrument! Grrrr.

People who don't wipe the toilet seat in public toilets.

Curtain twitching neighbours who report back to your family/friends any time you receive a parcel, or trim the front hedge or something not important. Seriously. I happen to live opposite a couple who know a relative of mine. Relative: "Susan Opposite-Neighbour says you were finally cutting your hedge back on Tuesday"
Me: "FFS, can't even trim a slightly overgrown bush without it being reported back to my family!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
2. People who use the word hollibobs
Of all the terrible, maddening and infuriating things described in this thread this has to be the most horrific. Do people really say this?

All infantile slang like that drives me crazy , I know "nom nom" has been mentioned, that makes me shudder though it seems less popular than it used to be, thank God. I have a perfectly intelligent friend that likes to use the word "spenny" to mean expensive. I've no idea why she can't just say expensive but it makes me nauseous. Still, "hollibobs" has to be the most revolting of all.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Of all the terrible, maddening and infuriating things described in this thread this has to be the most horrific. Do people really say this?

All infantile slang like that drives me crazy , I know "nom nom" has been mentioned, that makes me shudder though it seems less popular than it used to be, thank God. I have a perfectly intelligent friend that likes to use the word "spenny" to mean expensive. I've no idea why she can't just say expensive but it makes me nauseous. Still, "hollibobs" has to be the most revolting of all.
Yes they do and it infuriates me...

Reactions: 2
What about "jelly" instead of jealous? I have a lot of young nieces, they say these things all the time.

Oh-oh, I know what I hate more than anything, Youtubers who use the word "bias" instead of biased. Why? Why???

Reactions: 2
A pet hate of mine... shop assistant's who say "are you alright there"🤔🤔. I always want to reply with "Yes, I'm alright here, are you alright there". I don't know why it pisses me off, but it does.

• Haha
People not saying thank you when you hold a door open.. I usually shout after them your welcome.... 🙈🙈

Ok here's mine:

1. Shop assistants who ask what I'm doing today.
2. People giving me evils when I'm struggling with my kids in public - I just wanna die.
3. People who tag their friends in their posts on FB it's too exclusive and mean-girl-ish .
4. People who take the moral highground about parenting.
5. People who argue about Brexit on FB and refuse to respect the other person's opinion.
6. People who drive too slow in front of me or too fast behind.
7. Small talk - I don't care about the weather I wanna know your opinion on abortions/ fox hunting etc.
8. Supermarket staff who do the online shops getting in my way in-store.
9. Taking all the neighbours parcels in yet when I'm out nobody takes in mine.
10. Public toilets.
11. Cliquey mum's on the school run.
12. The price of fuel.
13. The shite on TV these days I miss a good comedy like only fools and horses.
14. People who buy my stuff on eBay without reading the description properly.
15. Network marketing.
16. People posting about their lost cat in Facebook groups.
17. People posting about bad driving/ parking in Facebook groups.

People who assume that because you have a name you can shorten that you want it shortened...

Especially when there’s different shortened versions and they don’t check with you which one you prefer first.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.