Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It shocks me that people still document their life to that degree on Facebook. I'm not trying to say that we aren't all having our data mined all over the place but why make it that easy for them? Also arent people just over mundane life updates on social media yet?
And Twitter. There is someone I follow who has two toddlers and she uses twitter as her outlet to rant. Her husband sounds useless and he never helps with the kids. I feel bad for her but get secondhand embarrassment that is married and had kids with someone so useless.

Reactions: 1
FB for me is what a diary is to a teenager. Fully grown women (and sometimes men) documenting everything 🙄 I don't care about your dinner, if your kid is beginning potty training, lost a tooth, you've done school run or got them to bed so you can drink that well deserved wine or even that you've booked a holiday. I just want to see decorating pics, holiday pics, definitely not drunk night out pics!! Only the people I talk to every day know I'm currently on holiday. For one I wouldn't want to broadcast I was out the country! I deleted my fb and occasionally skim through Insta now. I've gone to Pinterest and here on tattle.life for my fix! Rant over. Its hot. I'm annoyed 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
FB for me is what a diary is to a teenager. Fully grown women (and sometimes men) documenting everything 🙄 I don't care about your dinner, if your kid is beginning potty training, lost a tooth, you've done school run or got them to bed so you can drink that well deserved wine or even that you've booked a holiday. I just want to see decorating pics, holiday pics, definitely not drunk night out pics!! Only the people I talk to every day know I'm currently on holiday. For one I wouldn't want to broadcast I was out the country! I deleted my fb and occasionally skim through Insta now. I've gone to Pinterest and here on tattle.life for my fix! Rant over. Its hot. I'm annoyed 😂
I love the people who post their occupation as ‘full time mummy’

I mean fine, if that’s what you do. But it’s not an occupation.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
People who use the word “literally” in EVERY sentence. It is the most overused term in the English language.

Reactions: 2
The posts on Facebook declaring they have “the worst migraine ever”

Maybe I have a lower pain threshold than everyone else, I’ve only had three migraines in my life and the first time I didn’t even know what I was, I honestly thought I was dying. My face goes numb, my vision distorts, I vomit, it’s literally the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life, that’s including 2 sections, several broken bones including a fractured pelvis and being kicked in the stomach by a horse. I certainly couldn’t spend the day on Facebook.

Reactions: 12

Maybe I have a lower pain threshold than everyone else, I’ve only had three migraines in my life and the first time I didn’t even know what I was, I honestly thought I was dying. My face goes numb, my vision distorts, I vomit, it’s literally the worst pain I’ve ever felt in my life, that’s including 2 sections, several broken bones including a fractured pelvis and being kicked in the stomach by a horse. I certainly couldn’t spend the day on Facebook.
Yeah I've seen people at work claim to have one while sitting at their computer all day and functioning relatively normaly. I've never had one - and it's not hard to know that from accounts of those who have. I don't feel i can question my colleagues but I secretly roll my eyes and find any subsquent illnesses or ailments difficult to be sympathetic about.
It's hard to believe these people don't know it's not really a migraine and that they aren't just being melodramatic.

Aagghh nearly a week into our lovely sunshine holiday but I’m beginning to realise what a bunch of slobs my family are.
Away with dh and two teenage children and I’m constantly telling them to pick stuff up. We’re on a Greek island in self catering and the bathroom is tiny and very dated and gets really dirty really quickly. Will one of the feckers use a bath mat to absorb at least some of the water? Oh and why do Greek self catering never have shower screens or curtains?
I’m trying to chill out but finding it difficult. No one wants to stir until 11am and then it’s at a snails pace.
Back to usual holiday types I think. I’m not cut out for this all in one tiny apartment.
Roll on getting home and the a week in lanzarote just me, dd and my sister. In an all inclusive 5star hotel. Where I will he making use of the spa.

On a serious note it’s the mess that’s driving me mad. They aren’t like it at home so why now?

Reactions: 3
Of all the terrible, maddening and infuriating things described in this thread this has to be the most horrific. Do people really say this?

All infantile slang like that drives me crazy , I know "nom nom" has been mentioned, that makes me shudder though it seems less popular than it used to be, thank God. I have a perfectly intelligent friend that likes to use the word "spenny" to mean expensive. I've no idea why she can't just say expensive but it makes me nauseous. Still, "hollibobs" has to be the most revolting of all.
It’s spendy, not spenny. 🤣

Knowing I could lie in this morning, but woke up at 7am and couldn't go back to sleep😡😡😡😡

It’s spendy, not spenny. 🤣
I just did a search one of our what'sapp groups to check and she definetely writes "spenny." I wish I was wrong. Both are annoying abbreviations but that's quite a bit worse.

• Wow
Aagghh nearly a week into our lovely sunshine holiday but I’m beginning to realise what a bunch of slobs my family are.
Away with dh and two teenage children and I’m constantly telling them to pick stuff up. We’re on a Greek island in self catering and the bathroom is tiny and very dated and gets really dirty really quickly. Will one of the feckers use a bath mat to absorb at least some of the water? Oh and why do Greek self catering never have shower screens or curtains?
I’m trying to chill out but finding it difficult. No one wants to stir until 11am and then it’s at a snails pace.
Back to usual holiday types I think. I’m not cut out for this all in one tiny apartment.
Roll on getting home and the a week in lanzarote just me, dd and my sister. In an all inclusive 5star hotel. Where I will he making use of the spa.

On a serious note it’s the mess that’s driving me mad. They aren’t like it at home so why now?
I hear ya! I normally use that time early in the morning to go and sit by the pool when it's quiet, grab a coffee with a good book or iPad and just relax! I love doing this on holiday when my lazy boys are in bed. You could even have a glass of wine if you can stomach it that early 😍

First post in this thread is to say:

People who ‘accidentally buy’ items on eBay, pay then message to say ‘oops didn’t mean to press that button’ I feel like holding them to it because you should be more careful!

Once I had someone buy my iPhone for £600+ off me on eBay cos their phone was broken only to message to say a mate was lending them a phone so they changed their mind, I found long and hard and demanded the payment still as I needed it. I said that’s fine, they can resell the phone themselves if they want but why should I find another buyer?

People who insist on crowding round the belt at the airport to get luggage... I'm not talking about 1 person I'm talking about the whole bloody family...

People who insist on crowding round the belt at the airport to get luggage... I'm not talking about 1 person I'm talking about the whole bloody family...
Yep, you assign one person the duty (2 tops) and send them in on a solo mission to retrieve the goods whilst everyone else waits with a trolley far far away preferably near the exit 😂👍

• Heart
First post in this thread is to say:

People who ‘accidentally buy’ items on eBay, pay then message to say ‘oops didn’t mean to press that button’ I feel like holding them to it because you should be more careful!

Once I had someone buy my iPhone for £600+ off me on eBay cos their phone was broken only to message to say a mate was lending them a phone so they changed their mind, I found long and hard and demanded the payment still as I needed it. I said that’s fine, they can resell the phone themselves if they want but why should I find another buyer?
I must admit, I've "accidentally" bought many things in my time ;)

• Haha

I actually deleted someone for this. Trust me, if you had a migraine - you would not choose to sit looking at a screen to let everyone know. You feel like someone is drilling your skull!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I actually deleted someone for this. Trust me, if you had a migraine - you would choose to sit looking at a screen to let everyone know. You feel like someone is drilling your skull!!
Yes!! This is a huge pet peeve of mine! If they actually had a migraine, looking at a computer/phone screen would be the last thing they'd be able to do!
Thankfully I've only had one, but it was absolutely terrifying. Walking was painful, blinking, talking, eating, drinking, even a slight wind breeze made my head hurt more! I had to be in complete darkness and silence with something cold on top of my forehead.
It was the worst pain I've ever experienced, like I actually thought I was going to die, so seeing these dimbats saying they have a migraine when obviously they don't, really winds me up! [emoji2959][emoji2959]

Reactions: 5
It's actually not a little thing but oh my god, people who spit in the street. It takes me to a whole new level of rage.
I also hate seeing people vape in the street. I just cant get past how stupid it looks 😂 and this is coming from someone who quit smoking and uses a vape. I never take it out of the house in case anyone thinks I'm a douchebag, in the same way I think other vapers are 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's actually not a little thing but oh my god, people who spit in the street. It takes me to a whole new level of rage.
I also hate seeing people vape in the street. I just cant get past how stupid it looks 😂 and this is coming from someone who quit smoking and uses a vape. I never take it out of the house in case anyone thinks I'm a douchebag, in the same way I think other vapers are 😂😂
Very similar to me! I will only smoke or vape at home. Never take them out with me. It's my way of quitting!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.