Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's awful! Also easy for them to say but it can affect how your son will feel about dogs in future.

I really try to point out well behaved nice dogs to my son and say "oh look isn't that a lovely dog" etc so he sees them positively and then one like that comes over (recently one was bounding around him as he was holding a stick and the owner was a bit like *shrug* 'he just wants the stick') and he will cower from the next few well behaved ones, trying not to give him the complex I had against dogs as a child(loved them when I knew them but was terrified of ones I didn't know) but it's hard!
It's not fair that at all, you're doing the right thing then one idiot owner ruins. That happened to us near the start of lockdown and then meant we daren't take our little boy down there anymore in case we had to have another argument with someone. It stops you being able to really relax and enjoy these places doesn't it?!
I'm no dog expert but my job is working with dogs, I've always had dogs. The amount of bad behaviour in dogs you see and the owners literally stand there and let it happen is unbelievable. One of the dog trainers on tv made a good point, he said if your child is naughty you tell them off and prevent that behaviour, people dont do this with dogs, why? I'm baffled at what most people let their dogs get away with.

Reactions: 1
It was the scariest dog I’ve ever seen. She’s GSD and a big 37kgs for a witch and honestly this thing made her look tiny. It just kept lunging at her neck.

I was traumatized for months.
🙁could also have been an American bulldog or a cross.

It’s probably been said already but people who have their dogs off lead and have no control and let them bolt over to my scared dog! She got attacked by an Amstaff and we are now having behavioural therapy to get her enjoying walks again. Irresponsible owners can undo my good work in three seconds flat. 😖
100% agree with you. Dog should be under control

Thissssssssss! I don't get this. You won't call your daughter little woman, will you? So why would you call a little boy a little man? He is not a man because he is a boy. It's like calling a puppy a little dog? It's not a dog yet hence the name puppy i.e small dog? Agh

I absolutely hate when people don't use full stops in text messages. They write a whole essay with 2 commas in between sentences and no full stops. Full stops have been invented for a reason. Please use them. Write proper sentences in text and not just some awful gibberish.

I also hate when people write long ass paragraphs on Facebook preaching people what they should or not do. Firstly, no one asked for your opinion on how I should live my life. Secondly, how are you such a professional life coach and advisor on Facebook suddenly? Thirdly, you are such a hypocrite because you do the opposite in real life! For example someone writing a huge essay on how people should stay at home and those who go out are idiots etc then they go and see their friend who lives in a different apartment completely!! Wish I could report such people! The blatant hypocrisy and confidence is mind-blowing!

I also hate when family members profess their love for each other constantly! Some people like and comment with hearts and love you so much on all their family member's posts! Firstly there is no need for it. Secondly I know exactly how you are always falling out with each other so stop lying on Facebook that you are such a close family when you can't stand each other in reality. Why do you need to lie to strangers? I don't get why? It's not as if we care! Seriously I couldn't give two shits whether you love your daughter or not!!
all of the above especially when FB rant is so long and has no full stops or commas.
they are so hard to read and normally written either in text speak or incorrect abbreviated spellings!
I always want to reply... and breath! at the poster 🤣
the gushing public posts abouts love for husbands / children rile me too !
most people love their other halves/ children and dont need to keep reminding an audience of this. I always think the opposite when i see these.

Reactions: 2
all of the above especially when FB rant is so long and has no full stops or commas.
they are so hard to read and normally written either in text speak or incorrect abbreviated spellings!
I always want to reply... and breath! at the poster 🤣
the gushing public posts abouts love for husbands / children rile me too !
most people love their other halves/ children and dont need to keep reminding an audience of this. I always think the opposite when i see these.

Exactly! Why do you need to keep telling the world you love each other so much and you are a very close family when in reality you can't stand each other!

Those Microsoft Teams adverts - "we're living on teams, it's as simple as that", and that ad with the kids singing Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.
thank you! 🙌
I hate advertisers / TV programmes ideas that we want to hear stage school type kids singing en masse.
they always have the same sound ..sickly sweet grating voices 🤢

Reactions: 5
When people refer to their baby as "my world". I know parenthood is amazing and all-consuming, but for duck's sake, you don't need to eradicate your whole personality.

Also "proud mum". "Proud" anything. Just smacks of undeserved arrogance and smugness.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I really dislike over familiarity from someone you've just met. It's hard to explain properly because I don't have any recent examples but when someone acts like your best pal, as if they've known you for years, complete with in jokes that make assumptions about you.
It always raises huge alarm bells for me about someone. I don't mean people who are overly friendly and chatty, more a specific type of interaction that makes you wonder what their game is.

Reactions: 10
After having my ear chewed off by a couple of people lately who have done this ...

People who can't seem to have a conversation with you without gossiping about what others are up to (the irony of my being on a celebrity gossip forum is not lost on me). They're typically older people who I call to find out how they are; they constantly take the topic back to what young such-and-such said, or who isn't talking because x. It drives me nuts. It speaks volumes about what sort of people they are and I'm always hesitant to tell them too much, knowing my news will prove gossip fodder for someone else's ears.

I should add, not all older people are like this. I purchased a house from a lady in her 80s, who moved into a retirement home, and we keep in touch. She is just the coolest lady and has so many interests and hobbies, as well as being a social butterfly. She's amazing. And she rarely talks about anyone, other than to say she caught up with x, usually followed by a lovely compliment about them.

Reactions: 7
I have more! :p
  • People - particularly those who don't know you well - who call you 'dear', 'darling', or 'sweetie' - I firmly tell them, "My name is Blackbird; please refer to me accordingly," which prompts them to back off :sneaky:
  • Tactile people who love to hug or touch you in some unsolicited way :sick:
  • 'Woke' people who love to lecture you on everything 🙄 but have not a clue ...

Reactions: 8
"Nice guys"
People who chew loudly or slurp drinks :sick:
Work colleagues who micromanage, watch every little thing you do and are constantly breathing down your neck (thankfully don't have this at my current job)

Reactions: 4
I have several pet hates around men too. Best one is when they claim to be acting fairly but usually that means doing something detrimental or unfair to you or others. Men who are evasive when you’re asking them something that they don’t want to be honest about because they don’t want to be challenged. I am also suspicious of “nice guys” because they usually turn out to be head fucks who make promises and never deliver. Men who don’t like it when you don’t share their opinion and then proceed to ram their opinion down your throat in the hope you’ll agree with them. Men who ignore your messages but happily message everyone else in the world. I’m basically describing my ex here....

Those Microsoft Teams adverts - "we're living on teams, it's as simple as that", and that ad with the kids singing Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.
Urrrrgghh drive me insane

People (mostly tourists) who come to a complete stop at the top of an escalator at tube stations.
Philip Schofield
Space invaders - people usually at airports who stand right up behind you whilst waiting at passport control. Step the duck back you are not getting served before me so in the interim I will keep whacking you with my handbag
People who “tutt” at you for some minor indiscretion - chill out.
Bastards who don’t say thank you when you hold a door open
People who litter. Common.
Pedants who freak if you don’t stack the dishwasher their way/put the wrong thing in the dishwasher ie. plastic
People who have a “system” that has to be followed in packing away the shopping 🛒 chill the duck out.
People that say “ as a mother” “ as a parent” can duck off.
Sure I’ve got more........

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Urrrrgghh drive me insane

People (mostly tourists) who come to a complete stop at the top of an escalator at tube stations.
Philip Schofield
Space invaders - people usually at airports who stand right up behind you whilst waiting at passport control. Step the duck back you are not getting served before me so in the interim I will keep whacking you with my handbag
People who “tutt” at you for some minor indiscretion - chill out.
Bastards who don’t say thank you when you hold a door open
People who litter. Common.
Pedants who freak if you don’t stack the dishwasher their way/put the wrong thing in the dishwasher ie. plastic
People who have a “system” that has to be followed in packing away the shopping 🛒 chill the duck out.
People that say “ as a mother” “ as a parent” can duck off.
Sure I’ve got more........
Oh yeah phillip Schofield...but what about Holly Willoughby as well, she's just as annoying!

Agree!

The Italian (?) woman particularly on that advert grates on me every time and I don’t know why - I wanna scream
The American doctor who says something about sharing X-rays gets on my nerves too.

Another advert - Tesco with Jamie Oliver's bloated face shoved in the camera.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.