Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This might be unpopular but people who put sugar on cereal. Or on anything really.

I haven't really got an explanation, it just goes through me

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Brits using the word "awesome" in the American sense of "good". Sounds so goofy in our accents. (yes I've just seen the new teams advert)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Brits using the word "awesome" in the American sense of "good". Sounds so goofy in our accents. (yes I've just seen the new teams advert)
True and the word “sick” to describe something as good, another American word and so stupid on a British person, Tommy TOWIE is the worst for using it, and the way he says “Bruv” really loudly and over the top gives me the ducking rage 😡😡😡

Reactions: 4
True and the word “sick” to describe something as good, another American word and so stupid on a British person, Tommy TOWIE is the worst for using it, and the way he says “Bruv” really loudly and over the top gives me the ducking rage 😡😡😡
Language is alive and all that... but Americanisms really don't sound right on us imo 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Language is alive and all that... but Americanisms really don't sound right on us imo 😂
I do love their “threw me under the bus” saying though 😂😂 that we Brits have adopted! This saying was around in the US about 8 years ago and it’s only been the last 4 years that I’ve used it and heard others doing it, America is always ahead of us that way.

Reactions: 1
Oh I have another one. Phone footage filmed in portrait for no reason and then shown on TV 😩 pleeeease just flip your phone and then if it ends up on the tele it will fill the whole screen

When people type brought instead of bought
Could of / should of / would of - it’s could have / should have / would have!! This boils my blood far too much

Reactions: 6
When people hang trousers on the washing line by the waist band rather than hanging them upside down and pegging the ankle 😤

When people say "I felt sick to my stomach". Totally overdramatic and unnecessary. Just say "I felt sick", FFS. Where else would it be, apart from to your stomach? You can't be sick to your left ankle.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
bleeping Esso Petrol stations run by Rontec, fuckers have closed the toilets because of "Covid 19"... well duck that, Shell and BP still have theirs available! It's hard enough trying to go for a piss as it is, I don't want to "use the bushes" So uncivilised!

• Heart
People posting pictures/videos of their children with food all over their faces 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

Reactions: 11
After having my ear chewed off by a couple of people lately who have done this ...

People who can't seem to have a conversation with you without gossiping about what others are up to (the irony of my being on a celebrity gossip forum is not lost on me). They're typically older people who I call to find out how they are; they constantly take the topic back to what young such-and-such said, or who isn't talking because x. It drives me nuts. It speaks volumes about what sort of people they are and I'm always hesitant to tell them too much, knowing my news will prove gossip fodder for someone else's ears.

I should add, not all older people are like this. I purchased a house from a lady in her 80s, who moved into a retirement home, and we keep in touch. She is just the coolest lady and has so many interests and hobbies, as well as being a social butterfly. She's amazing. And she rarely talks about anyone, other than to say she caught up with x, usually followed by a lovely compliment about them.
I temporarily went to beauty school and had 2 internships and all they could do was gossip about people. I felt my soul dying

Reactions: 2
I have a few but one being a thing that my mum does whenever anyone is in our company she has to constantly repeat they're name in every sentence for example.
What time are you working tomoz John ?
Do you want a biscuit John ?
Pass me that cup over John.
We know his bloody name!! Drives me crazy.

Also people that play a whole episode of something out loud on a long train journey or have a full blown conversation on the phone.
Leave it out Brenda I don't care if you haven't took something out the freezer to defrost.
(Apologies to any Brendas)

Another one sweet packet rustlers in the cinema or on transport I can't stand it my poor boyfriend has to open his crisps a certain way for minimal noise 😂😂

I could go on.........

Reactions: 5
Just got home from a 15 hour day, I really hate getting an early start, it always means a late finish, especially on a Friday!!

I'm bleedin' knackered.

• Heart
This rarely happens in real life, but I see it all the time in film and TV shows... When people don't say 'bye' at the end of a phone call. They just say some information/pass some news on, and put the phone down. It really bugs me for some reason and I always draw attention to it, which in turn annoys my husband. 😂

Also, people on Facebook who are always 'fuming' or 'discusted'.

Other people on Facebook who post those cryptic, attention-seeking status so all the BFFs can pile in with the 'u OK hun? PM me'. Urgh.

Finally, the term 'fur babies'.

When people type brought instead of bought
Could of / should of / would of - it’s could have / should have / would have!! This boils my blood far too much
This is a real bugbear of mine too, especially when it's committed by people who should know better **cough, my sister**. Lose/loose is another one.

When people refer to their baby as "my world". I know parenthood is amazing and all-consuming, but for duck's sake, you don't need to eradicate your whole personality.

Also "proud mum". "Proud" anything. Just smacks of undeserved arrogance and smugness.
Yes, those women who define themselves by the fact they've had a child. I know someone just like this. Her kids are her world (aren't everybody's?!) Nobody else in the world could ever love their kids more than she does hers, and she feels she has to proclaim it ad nauseum with memes, photos and inspirational quotes. 🤢🤢

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.