Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why one earth would you even attempt to eat that much šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢ i buy meat in bulk and use leftovers for my lunches at work...

I say this as im quite a greedy person and i eat big portions. 1kg of mince is at least 8 portions.
Or freeze in portions for future use.

Reactions: 4
People who say Holibobs or Jollies instead of holiday šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
There is someone I know who goes one worse than that and says ā€œholibobins ā€œ for holidays and I literally want to tear my ears off rather than hear it!

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
My rant is supermarket queues and panic buyers. You either have to go and queue before the store opens or risk it and stand in a longer queue later in the day. On a recent trip, I was in the queue and the person leaving had a trolley loaded to high heaven with stuff. They then made a comment to the staff member managing the queue that they would be back again tomorrow to do the same as they had been during this whole crisis! How ludicrously selfish!! Iā€™m a keyworker and I donā€™t have the option to go shopping as and when Iā€™d like to because I have to go out to work. The people panic buying and queuing to do so are making life so much harder for everyone else. Why canā€™t people go shopping when they need to and just buy what they need? The coronavirus has shown me that they are some genuinely selfish people in the world that naively I hadnā€™t seen before and the sight of a supermarket queue now makes me deeply annoyed!

I am the same. I am not the most tactile person anyway and prefer my own space. I canā€™t understand why people cannot just give you space to get what you need or to pass them without getting close. Itā€™s not difficult!!
I thought the panic buying would be well over seen as we are on our way out of this pandemic.

Sadly not. Queues still down the street, some shelves still empty. I feel some people should be quarantined for selfishness
Itā€™ll be worse when non essential shops open. I wonā€™t be going near them for a while.

Itā€™ll be worse when non essential shops open. I wonā€™t be going near them for a while.
Yup it will continue till the 2m rule, which no one adheres to, is finally abandoned. Iā€™ve accepted that online shopping for everything but groceries and not having my hair cut is my life for about a year.

Reactions: 1
- Haitch instead of aitch
- Going up at the end of a sentence thatā€™s not a question (unless Australian or some such)
- ā€œWhatā€™s up hun? xā€ ā€œIā€™ve DMā€™d you hun xā€ duck off hun.
- Aimless drifting on a busy pavement or in a shopping centre
- Using a ten items or fewer lane when you clearly have 11+ items
- Saying less instead of fewer
- People who get to the till unprepared to pay ā€œone second let me just find my purse...ā€
- Putting empty cartons/ wrappers back into the fridge (my f-ing boyfriend) and empty toilet roll holders šŸ˜¤
- Hearing other peopleā€™s tinny music through their headphones

and probably hundreds more if I could think of them!

Although I hold my hands up to saying ā€œplease can I get a ....?ā€œ Rather than ā€œplease may I have a ...?ā€ and it drives my boyfriend mad!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh god can you imagine what Boots will be like? Clothes shops? But there is a HUGE part of me that wants it all over and back to normal now.
Yup it will continue till the 2m rule, which no one adheres to, is finally abandoned. Iā€™ve accepted that online shopping for everything but groceries and not having my hair cut is my life for about a year.
i think hairdresser etc may open up in August. Itā€™s a bit ridiculous for it to be any longer now, sick of this whole bleeping thing and I know Iā€™m not the only one, and that there are folks worse off than me but no other country was closed down as long as UK, on the 16th June then thatā€™s 3 months of lockdown!! I want and need my life back, the world needs itā€™s life back!

Reactions: 3
Oh god can you imagine what Boots will be like? Clothes shops? But there is a HUGE part of me that wants it all over and back to normal now.

i think hairdresser etc may open up in August. Itā€™s a bit ridiculous for it to be any longer now, sick of this whole bleeping thing and I know Iā€™m not the only one, and that there are folks worse off than me but no other country was closed down as long as UK, on the 16th June then thatā€™s 3 months of lockdown!! I want and need my life back, the world needs itā€™s life back!
Can't believe how much we all take things for granted, like just going and having my eyebrows waxed and tinted!!! Thank God I'm not high maintenance like i used to be because I'd look like an actual troll now šŸ˜‚.

Can't believe how much we all take things for granted, like just going and having my eyebrows waxed and tinted!!! Thank God I'm not high maintenance like i used to be because I'd look like an actual troll now šŸ˜‚.
I know! Itā€™s when folk say that they didnā€™t realise what was important until this pandemic, and I think thatā€™s all very well but 2 days back to normal and we will all be back to normal!!šŸ˜‚

Tint your own brows. I do and I think itā€™s a waste of cash paying them to get done in a shop when they come out quickly.

Itā€™s probably been said already but people who have their dogs off lead and have no control and let them bolt over to my scared dog! She got attacked by an Amstaff and we are now having behavioural therapy to get her enjoying walks again. Irresponsible owners can undo my good work in three seconds flat. šŸ˜–

• Sad
Itā€™s probably been said already but people who have their dogs off lead and have no control and let them bolt over to my scared dog! She got attacked by an Amstaff and we are now having behavioural therapy to get her enjoying walks again. Irresponsible owners can undo my good work in three seconds flat. šŸ˜–
Oh yes this is a biggy for me too. Then when my dog that's on a lead, starts jumping all over their dog and their dog gets nasty, then mine gets nasty back and they shout at me like it's my fault their dog was off the lead šŸ˜‚.

Amstaff is just another name for Pit
Bull. šŸ˜”

Reactions: 2
Amstaff is just another name for Pit
Bull. šŸ˜”
It was the scariest dog Iā€™ve ever seen. Sheā€™s GSD and a big 37kgs for a witch and honestly this thing made her look tiny. It just kept lunging at her neck.

I was traumatized for months.

• Wow
Winds me up when people let them bound over to us as a family also, whilst shouting "it's ok they're friendly!" Don't assume everyone loves your dog as much as you do and it's scary for my toddler when they're hyping around him at his eye height :mad:

• Heart
Winds me up when people let them bound over to us as a family also, whilst shouting "it's ok they're friendly!" Don't assume everyone loves your dog as much as you do and it's scary for my toddler when they're hyping around him at his eye height :mad:
Yes! This too! I love dogs but when Iā€™m on a walk with my five year or heā€™s on his bike Iā€™m always on high alert.
They shouldnā€™t run over full stop.
What about children who are fearful?

• Heart
Our little boy was running around on a grassed area the other evening, dog comes running over jumps up him, my partner trying to kick the dog away. Dog not listening to owner AT ALL. Owner comes over and says, you dont need to kick the dog away it would have only taken me two mins to put him on the lead!!! To which my partner shouted A - social distancing, get away from us. B - your dog might not have been friendly and could have attacked our child!
People aren't right in the head I'm sure, I'm a dog lover but do not let your off lead dog jump up my child!!!

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Boots is open though, it has been for ages. It was no different from the supermarkets.

Yes! This too! I love dogs but when Iā€™m on a walk with my five year or heā€™s on his bike Iā€™m always on high alert.
They shouldnā€™t run over full stop.
What about children who are fearful?
Our little boy was running around on a grassed area the other evening, dog comes running over jumps up him, my partner trying to kick the dog away. Dog not listening to owner AT ALL. Owner comes over and says, you dont need to kick the dog away it would have only taken me two mins to put him on the lead!!! To which my partner shouted A - social distancing, get away from us. B - your dog might not have been friendly and could have attacked our child!
People aren't right in the head I'm sure, I'm a dog lover but do not let your off lead dog jump up my child!!!
That's awful! Also easy for them to say but it can affect how your son will feel about dogs in future.

I really try to point out well behaved nice dogs to my son and say "oh look isn't that a lovely dog" etc so he sees them positively and then one like that comes over (recently one was bounding around him as he was holding a stick and the owner was a bit like *shrug* 'he just wants the stick') and he will cower from the next few well behaved ones, trying not to give him the complex I had against dogs as a child(loved them when I knew them but was terrified of ones I didn't know) but it's hard!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.