Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm finding it harder and harder to not bite people that think it's ok to lean over me in a supermarket when I'm trying to shop. I hate being touched at the best of times (duck knows how I conceived kids!) let alone in a pandemic where we're supposed to be social distancing. Actually bared my teeth this morning and got tutted at.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
My rant is supermarket queues and panic buyers. You either have to go and queue before the store opens or risk it and stand in a longer queue later in the day. On a recent trip, I was in the queue and the person leaving had a trolley loaded to high heaven with stuff. They then made a comment to the staff member managing the queue that they would be back again tomorrow to do the same as they had been during this whole crisis! How ludicrously selfish!! I’m a keyworker and I don’t have the option to go shopping as and when I’d like to because I have to go out to work. The people panic buying and queuing to do so are making life so much harder for everyone else. Why can’t people go shopping when they need to and just buy what they need? The coronavirus has shown me that they are some genuinely selfish people in the world that naively I hadn’t seen before and the sight of a supermarket queue now makes me deeply annoyed!

I'm finding it harder and harder to not bite people that think it's ok to lean over me in a supermarket when I'm trying to shop. I hate being touched at the best of times (duck knows how I conceived kids!) let alone in a pandemic where we're supposed to be social distancing. Actually bared my teeth this morning and got tutted at.
I am the same. I am not the most tactile person anyway and prefer my own space. I can’t understand why people cannot just give you space to get what you need or to pass them without getting close. It’s not difficult!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Single mum to a 10 year old that wants to lie in bed all day with her iPhone, tablet, laptop and FaceTime playing Roblox 24/7.

I’ve snapped and lost the will to live. It’s been gone 4pm some days that we’ve been able to leave the house and I’ve gave up trying today.

Reactions: 2
That my bastard of a brother has blocked me because he didn't like to hear the truth and hated the fact that I knew he and his wife owed my parents(my dad's redundancy money,13 grand over 10 years ago) and had only paid a couple of hundred back. I found out a few years ago as dad told me. Lost my dad to cancer last year😭and even on dad's death bed,they were trying to borrow more money. I will never forgive them 😡😡😡

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Speaking of supermarkets.. People that block the whole aisle and stare at a shelf completely oblivious to the fact other shoppers want to pick stuff up too!!

• Angry
Reactions: 9
2 year old had me up every hour of the night and is now over tired but won’t nap.
5 year old is stropping about the house because I snapped at her for screaming (what is it about little girls and their screaming that grates every nerve?!)
6 year old is doing a really tit job of tidying up the milk he’s spilled and it’s everywhere.
9 year old is nowhere to be seen and has done barely half his schoolwork today.
Husband has chosen today to be in work.
Dog’s spewed on the carpet.
Time of the month. I’m out of wine.
Happy bleeping Wednesday folks 🤬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Single mum to a 10 year old that wants to lie in bed all day with her iPhone, tablet, laptop and FaceTime playing Roblox 24/7.

I’ve snapped and lost the will to live. It’s been gone 4pm some days that we’ve been able to leave the house and I’ve gave up trying today.
If it makes you feel better, we gave up with my sister WEEKS ago. She's 17, stays in her room on her phone/laptop binging netflix as if it'll disappear tomorrow! Its not worth the argument if you ask me, we all agreed to leave her alone and soon she came too seek us out herself wondering why no one is bothering her or checking up :ROFLMAO:

Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing great! x

Reactions: 4
Speaking of supermarkets.. People that block the whole aisle and stare at a shelf completely oblivious to the fact other shoppers want to pick stuff up too!!
People who leave their trolley one side of the aisle and there on the other bloody side so you cant get past.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
5 year old is stropping about the house because I snapped at her for screaming (what is it about little girls and their screaming that grates every nerve?!)
Omg so pleased I'm not the only one who feels like this!! My little girl is almost 2 and screams when she isn't getting her own way and I swear down it goes through me every time she does it!!

Reactions: 1
I rant to my husband daily about the neighbours, their kids, dogs etc. Can’t wait to get back to work I dunno how he hasn’t told me to shut up by now!
Shopping is seeing someone in a mask blocking the aisle having a natter to Mabel from down the road. Leaving the trolley in the middle of the aisle and going off to each side for goods 🤬
I’ve had deliveries for shopping as long as I can remember and have gone from that to shopping twice a week (once for my parents and once for us). Was quite bad with anxiety the first few weeks but not so bad now. I’ve started taking my daughter so she zips about with the trolley and I scan and pack and straight out

This! Shopping is not a pleasant experience, you don’t need to browse the soups! I literally have next weeks menu set and a shopping list based on that in the layout of the store. Anal yes but I want to be in and out 😆

Last edited:
I'm pregnant at the moment, and some of the language surrounding pregnancy and babies makes me want to puke. Calling the foetus "bean". Calling girls "princesses" and boys "princes". Ugh. All the gendered nonsense.

Reactions: 6
Past couple of nights I've had problems accessing this very website, I've also had to wait over 5 minutes between posts.

I thought I was in for another night of misery but out of the blue I have full access, no waiting to post, YAY!

That pose that influencers do when the stick one leg out and point their toes. Like what the actual duck. Looks ridiculous.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Those Microsoft Teams adverts - "we're living on teams, it's as simple as that", and that ad with the kids singing Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Recently married and everyone waiting for a baby announcement. I can’t even feel unwell without glares to the stomach. Chill out Sue, I’ve just had a dodgy Chinese!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.