Little things in life that annoy you immensely

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
👌
Funny how most of us here probably have at least one person like that on our Facebook. Why is this such a common personality type? And why don’t these people realise how annoying they are? I wonder what they were doing 20 years ago (pre social media).

Yep totally get it. I just unfollowed her because i was sick of all the crap on my newsfeed constantly. I know its absolutely ridiculous and how do they have that much spare time to be finding all these memes

Also, people who don't have to work (because they're financially comfortable, not because they're ill or have a disability obv)

This is mainly because I'm really bitter that I have to work 40hrs a week to live and other people don't have to 😂
god this just reminded me of that time my extremely well-off SIL who doesn’t have to work, rang me while I was at work; we were attending a family wedding in Ireland, she asked if I would book her hotel room for her because she was on her way out to get a manicure. 🤯

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Office enforced secret Santa. Gives me wildly disproportionate rage.
Oh yes I’d like to add this one to my list please. Too many years buying thoughtful gifts (albeit for a tenner, but you can get craft ale or wine or handmade soap for around that) only to receive bleeping glasses made of drinking straws and other such Poundland tat. ⛔ Nope.

Reactions: 2
My friend once received the free pocket diary torn off the front of a magazine 😆
Many years ago I got some coconut body butter and wash from body shop not that bad you would think. But theyve obviously used abit of the body wash and put their fingers in the lotion 🤢 it had that old crusty lotion round the lid like theyve had it for sometime

• Sick
Reactions: 7
People who post memes constantly. Same with the 'win a Tesco voucher worth 100' crap. One of my elderly Aunts consistently shares posts about refugees getting all the benefits and other nonsense, had to block her. In fact FB in general, if I didn't love bloody Candy Crush so much I'd deactivate it!

Chuggers. I got intercepted last week in my village Tesco Metro (small shop) by a charity for heart disease. I tried the 'I don't sign up to direct debits on the street' and so instead they tried to give me War and Peace and leaflets and tried to change my mind. I should have just walked past, but they were literally blocking the door.

Guilt tripping! Family basically guilt tripping you into doing things, especially this time of year.

People who tell you to rest and have honey and lemon the moment you do a small cough at work. Yes I know, thank you!

People who do 40 mph on a dual carriageway at rush hour.

People asking me to ask my partner something as though I'm his bloody secretary! Happens all the time. When he ignores them on facebook messenger or text, I get asked to chase him 🤔

People who watch/listen to their phones without headphones on public transport. It absolutely baffles me how anyone can have so little self awareness even when they're being stared at. Imagine if everyone just watched/listened with no headphones. WE DONT WANT TO HEAR YOUR LAD BIBLE VIDEOS.

Reactions: 3
Neighbours who steal your recycling bins/bags from the road because theirs is dirty or broken. Despite the fact you've clearly numbered it. :mad:

(I love this thread)
Neighbours who copy everything you do. I mean everything. From front of the house to our car and now started to dress like me. Not kidding. Freak

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Neighbours who copy everything you do. I mean everything. From front of the house to our car and now started to dress like me. Not kidding. Freak
They say imitation is the best form of flattery but thats just weird as duck. Maybe do something really stange and see if they copy you. Either that or they might move...

They say imitation is the best form of flattery but thats just weird as duck. Maybe do something really stange and see if they copy you. Either that or they might move...
E a rly what I was thinking - go out buy a hideous wig -and wear it whenever you see the neighbour
Let them cut their hair then pop up throwing away the wig 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
To be honest we have had a bit of fun with it too…, We told her that we were buying a log burner (we live in a new build so not practical) three months later, and at great expense, she had one installed in her house, only for me to turn around and say to her that we changed our mind. The look on her face was priceless!

When she first moved in and started copying me it really got to my head in a bad way and upset me. However I have learnt to deal with it over time and I just completely ignore her. I’ve come to dread the question: ‘oh my goodness I love your top… Where is it from?’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve come to dread the question: ‘oh my goodness I love your top… Where is it from?’
Just tell her your clothes are from a charity shop. Nothing wrong with shopping at a charity shop, but it may actually shut her up.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.