Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When people email me at work to rant about being given a routine clinic appointment at a time that's not convenient for them. Fair enough, but when I email them back to offer two or three alternative dates/times, they then reply asking for different dates/times, etc etc. (Usually "before 8am or after 6pm" 🙄) They then email back, after several hours, only to tell me that they'll keep their original appointment after all. Aaarggghh! 🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: 3
Who does that? It's plain weird.

On another note - people who slam doors! I live in a complex and the two neighbours on my floor keep slamming their doors on their way in/out. Absolutely hate it. Doors have handles for a purpose!!
I used to have this when I lived in a block of flats and my bedroom was next to the front door, I feel your pain

Reactions: 6
We can't get a diagnosis for my husbands illness from Nurelogilcal Hospital in Liverpool even after 3 visits. Our GP has no idea what is happening, so how can we do anything about treating it

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
We can't get a diagnosis for my husbands illness from Nurelogilcal Hospital in Liverpool even after 3 visits. Our GP has no idea what is happening, so how can we do anything about treating it
I’m terribly sorry for the both of you. (I’ve been dealing with my husband’s seizures for about 20 years, and it took a lot of tests and time to get diagnosed, then time to try different meds to find what worked best for him.) Hang in there, stay on course, be specific when describing symptoms (maybe keep a notebook), and don’t give up.

• Sad
You have my sympathy. Going through similar. As helpful as my consultant was on Thursday, she still has no idea.

• Sad
When people know they’re going to be in and out of their car/van and keep opening and slamming the doors 😤 just leave them open or latched for the love of god. There’s workmen all over the street and they keep sliding doors closed, opening another then slamming it, then back to the closed one and repeat 😫

Reactions: 10
Another biscuit one: orange flavour biscuits making all the other biscuits in the tin vaguely orange flavour 🔪

• Haha
My boyfriend not turning his alarm off on days off or not waking up on the days it's supposed to set, risking waking the kids up too early 😡

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Not only limited to but including covid, when I first noticed it happening but hearing it now more since then and recently with sigh "climate change". Hearing ads exclaiming we MUST do (whatever).
Ok, shithead, just let me know if what i MUST do is a legal requirement. If not duck off and I will decide if I will or will NOT do it ✋

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Yet another biscuit one ...

When you dip your Scottish finger in a lovely hot cup of tea and it snaps in half ... and you try to dig out the now-soaked half with your dry half, only for that to weaken and fall apart as well.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11

When you dip your Scottish finger in a lovely hot cup of tea and it snaps in half ... and you try to dig out the now-soaked half with your dry half, only for that to weaken and fall apart as well.
I really hope that’s a biscuit and not your actual finger.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

I’m Scottish and when you said “Scottish finger” I was reading that like 😱 until I realised you were talking about a biscuit. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
News channels. I wish they would just report actual news. I don't want to know how you think Russia could take Kyiv, or how deadly the next Covid variant could be. That isn't news, it's scaremongering opinion. Just let me know when it happens and I'll deal with it then.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Am I the only who absolutely dislikes wearing workout leggings unless I'm working out?

First of all, I'm always freezing in those leggings during winter time. Second, I don't like how sticky they get after 2/3 hours even if you're not sweating or working out. Really uncomfortable.

I see plenty of women / girls wearing those around as "casual" wear, but they're super uncomfortable IMO.

When someone comes over to your desk at work, needs to write something down and they use your pen. Then when they leave they take the pen with them. I’m too awkward to ask them for it back but in my head I’m like “witch, that’s my bleeping pen” :rolleyes:

Reactions: 11
None stop coverage of WW3. Now the only 2 radio shows I listen to have been overtaken by it all. Too much. Must be same for those who watch TV.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.