Little things in life that annoy you immensely #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is an Ebay one. I buy a fair bit of second hand stuff as I like altering clothes and getting them to fit etc. My bugbear though is some people fling a bunch of crumpled old stuff on a bed and take one picture. How do they expect to sell in this condition?

The other I have enclosed a picture. These cardigans are bog standard in Primark. I've bought them around £4.99 new.
See this crumpled old thing on a hanger. The buyer was asking £11.99 plus £3.99 postage which is ridiculous for an item like this.🙄

To be clear it's a Primark cardigan.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Leaflets through the door despite a sign on the letterbox. Why are these not banned already, hardly eco-friendly to be getting kebab leaflets every other day. Prehistoric marketing.

Reactions: 15
Double barrel surnames. An advertisement your chav parents didn't want to commit to marriageto spawn you.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Double barrel surnames. An advertisement your chav parents didn't want to commit to marriageto spawn you.
Bit of a strange view , just because kids are born out of wedlock doesn't make the parents Chavs and a double barrel name doesn't mean they're not married 🤨

Double barrel names are common in many countries where women aren’t seen as properties but human beings.

It has nothing to do with people not committing to marriage. It is actually a sign of a respectful marriage. Which is why you find them in countries where religion isn't present.

A woman changing her name is actually a sign of not being seen as a person of your own. Which is degrading for most cultures.

Tell me you never travelled nor experienced many cultures without telling me you never travelled nor experienced many cultures 💅

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
It’s so rude, I used to be on a forum with someone who regularly did this. Reeks of ‘my time is so much more important than yours’
Exactly. On forums where something very particular is being discussed and someone new joins, only to ask, "Can someone tell me what this actually is? I've always been intrigued." Um ... no. Go and do your research first and then join the forum to take part in discussion - don't join, expecting others to hand-hold you! It's just so disruptive.

Reactions: 8
Parking up at the cinema earlier, I'm pretty good at reverse parking but no matter how I manoeuvred just could not perfect it. I gave up and got out only to discover they had slightly (imperceptibly) marked the lines like this / \ . Sadists 👿

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Overly loud tit music in gyms and women screeching at each other in the changing rooms do my head in.

Reactions: 7
Hahaha, I have 7 grandchildren with DB names. As someone who hates writing, I feel their pain when having to fill in their full name on forms 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Exactly. On forums where something very particular is being discussed and someone new joins, only to ask, "Can someone tell me what this actually is? I've always been intrigued." Um ... no. Go and do your research first and then join the forum to take part in discussion - don't join, expecting others to hand-hold you! It's just so disruptive.
I've sometimes had this on Facebook. I'd ask a question and someone asks what that is? Have they not heard of Google?

Overly loud tit music in gyms and women screeching at each other in the changing rooms do my head in.
Oh you've just made me think of another annoying thing. Any of those "Wives" programmes with a bunch of women bitching and shrieking, drowning in plastic surgery, fillers and high heels. Just ugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sure it will have been mentioned, but people who breathe in through their teeth sharply at the end of a sentence. I love Rylan's radio show but he does it constantly 🤢 ! Goes through me like nails on a chalkboard.

When I visit the paint store and tell the person serving that I'm hearing impaired so they'll need to shout - only for them to offer me a wheelchair! It's happened twice at this same store now (with different people serving).

• Wow
  • Haha
When I visit the paint store and tell the person serving that I'm hearing impaired so they'll need to shout - only for them to offer me a wheelchair! It's happened twice at this same store now (with different people serving).
I guess they are the ones with hearing problems.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
When I’m in a restaurant and order a coke and the waiter brings over a Diet Coke, it is because I’m a girl? Diet Coke is gross and I never ask for it!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.